Who's Online
2 registered (toojon, M374ME), 7 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1331633 - 03/17/18 11:00 AM beng1111
YounGun Offline
This is A Custom Title

Loc: CO
City or County: CO
A very strong Do Not Recommend from me.

Inquired about some 12ga ammo, said he would come pick it up, then day of changed and said he needed to stay local in case he had to work (on call). Okay, no worries, I can head your way, little kink in my schedule can't hurt too bad and I am willing. Place changed to fit his needs. Gave him a new eta as I was currently coming from a deal. No response. Asked to confirm that he could be there at that time. No response. I went home instead. PM him (maybe something happened to his phone or he got called in). Whole day goes by. He reads the PM that night. Frustrating as I had another deal in the general area that I could have done, and it was a hassle re-planning it around him to begin with, just for him to go silent. Fine, maybe he got called in to work... No response to PM. Send a new one, no response. Send a text asking him to just sack up and say if he is backing out or not so I can move on. No response. Send him a PM informing him that if he did not know, there are read receipts on the PMs so... I can see he is reading them. Reads it and... No response. It has been a few days now, an appropriate time for an explanation and reschedule, which will clearly not be what happens.

So I have ruled out getting called to work, an accident, bad phone, bad internet. None of those, just a bad member. Not a good way to start, and hopefully a very quick end.

For sake of the fact that nobody cares to read this stuff, I wont copy paste messages or texts, if they need to be made available I would be glad to do so to admins/mods. I doubt there is much of a debate or anything to respond to anyway, it is a pretty simple case of flaking altogether, despite the seller being very willing to work around him.

I am presently living outside VA. All posts are for parts or items that will ship from states where said items are stored, which means all deals will be mail deals. Check my profile and decide your comfort with that before messaging. Thanks!

#1331700 - 03/17/18 12:16 PM Re: beng1111 [Re: YounGun]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Originally Posted By: YounGun
A very strong Do Not Recommend from me.

Inquired about some 12ga ammo, said he would come pick it up, then day of changed and said he needed to stay local in case he had to work (on call). Okay, no worries, I can head your way, little kink in my schedule can't hurt too bad and I am willing. Place changed to fit his needs. Gave him a new eta as I was currently coming from a deal. No response. Asked to confirm that he could be there at that time. No response. I went home instead. PM him (maybe something happened to his phone or he got called in). Whole day goes by. He reads the PM that night. Frustrating as I had another deal in the general area that I could have done, and it was a hassle re-planning it around him to begin with, just for him to go silent. Fine, maybe he got called in to work... No response to PM. Send a new one, no response. Send a text asking him to just sack up and say if he is backing out or not so I can move on. No response. Send him a PM informing him that if he did not know, there are read receipts on the PMs so... I can see he is reading them. Reads it and... No response. It has been a few days now, an appropriate time for an explanation and reschedule, which will clearly not be what happens.

So I have ruled out getting called to work, an accident, bad phone, bad internet. None of those, just a bad member. Not a good way to start, and hopefully a very quick end.

For sake of the fact that nobody cares to read this stuff, I wont copy paste messages or texts, if they need to be made available I would be glad to do so to admins/mods. I doubt there is much of a debate or anything to respond to anyway, it is a pretty simple case of flaking altogether, despite the seller being very willing to work around him.

PM sent to beng1111 encouraging him to respond.

Others not involved in this transaction are NOT to respond.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#1332117 - 03/18/18 03:15 PM Re: beng1111 [Re: YounGun]
beng1111 Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: USA
City or County: Fairfax
this is hilarious. I literally called you and left a message saying I found a better deal somewhere else and then deleted your number. If you have a problem with me you can text me and time and place and we can settle it the old-fashioned way.

#1332121 - 03/18/18 03:33 PM Re: beng1111 [Re: YounGun]
YounGun Offline
This is A Custom Title

Loc: CO
City or County: CO
Odd because I have received no calls, no messages, texted you many times after and got no response. No need to endorse violence because you could not follow through with a commitment. Unless by the old-fashioned way you mean being a man of your word, in which case that would be admirable. But I believe that is reaching for something positive on my end.

I am presently living outside VA. All posts are for parts or items that will ship from states where said items are stored, which means all deals will be mail deals. Check my profile and decide your comfort with that before messaging. Thanks!

#1332322 - 03/18/18 11:25 PM Re: beng1111 [Re: YounGun]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

beng1111 has been given a weeks timeout from the site for threatening another member.

We will not tolerate this behaviour on this site.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#1332571 - 03/19/18 06:16 PM Re: beng1111 [Re: YounGun]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Update:

Member has been permanently banned for threatening to shoot a Mod.