Who's Online
14 registered (Riverroad, nickjlvirginia, JoeVa, SlickStang, DougN, Deepsearn, PMOORE, helmsgp, gunhunter, Dhoard21, Matt69, 3 invisible), 10 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1359771 - 06/01/18 08:59 PM 4.5” CMMG Banshee 22LR AR Pistol Build
Koenreich Offline
Tax Stamp Collector

Loc: Hampton Roads
City or County: Hampton
Zombie Defense VAGT lower
Strike Industries lower parts kit
Magpul trigger guard and pistol grip
Larue Tactical MBT trigger —> then a Fostech Echo AR II —> then a Franklin Armory BFS III
Maxim Defense CQB pistol brace

CMMG Banshee 4.5” 22LR upper
Leupold 1.5-4x20mm with greenfiredot
AAC Element 2 suppressor

EDIT: A few things to note for those who are considering running a binary trigger system on a 22LR CMMG bolt:

The Fostech Echo AR II will work, BUT you need the auto sear and anti-bounce trip kit from Fostech. You can buy the kit from CMMG but you will have to modify it. I have found installing the kit and keeping up with spare parts when I want to use a different upper a pain in the butt, so I’ve decided to use my Fostech trigger with centerfires only.

The Franklin Armory BFS III also works but does so without the need for an additional kit. Neither trigger has given me issues with reliability so far and, binary modes aside, I like the feel of both of them.

Under no circumstances will I do a deal with Paul Gagni, from Virginia Beach. Buyers and sellers beware of this guy.

#1360392 - 06/03/18 02:32 PM Re: 4.5” 22LR AR Pistol Build [Re: Koenreich]
Koenreich Offline
Tax Stamp Collector

Back from the range and I’m happy to report that not only does this build group VERY well, but I only had one light primer strike in about 200 rounds with bulk ammo. Also, it’s exceptionally quiet.

I still have to put this thing through its paces, but I’m very happy with the initial results.

Under no circumstances will I do a deal with Paul Gagni, from Virginia Beach. Buyers and sellers beware of this guy.

#1362068 - 06/08/18 10:41 AM Re: 4.5” 22LR AR Pistol Build [Re: Koenreich]
Koenreich Offline
Tax Stamp Collector

I got my Fostech Echo AR II trigger working in this build...but I am of the mind that the trip kit needed to allow the Echo trigger to work on rimfire builds is a bit of a pain to deal with.

I’ll likely end up with the Franklin Armory BFS III trigger with this build and leave the Echo for centerfires.

#1371057 - 07/04/18 08:50 PM Re: 4.5” 22LR AR Pistol Build [Re: Koenreich]
Koenreich Offline
Tax Stamp Collector

After today’s range trip I have about 2,000 rounds through this build and every one of them was suppressed. I have yet to clean the pistol but I think that it may be time to after today.

Today, in 425 rounds I experienced four light primer strikes and had two instances where brass got caught up in the bolt. Of those four light primer strikes, three were on the same round. I’m willing to blame that on the ammo.

I shot more than half of the 425 rounds today in binary mode with the BFS III and it ran flawlessly. My split time without using binary mode averages .14 seconds and with binary mode I was dumping a 25 round magazine in a little less than 2 seconds. I could not be any happier with this build.

#1375610 - 07/17/18 12:03 AM Re: 4.5” 22LR AR Pistol Build [Re: Koenreich]
Bcmgunfighter Offline
Not all ARs are created equal...

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Rochelle
I bet that thing is a blast! Very nice. How do you like the Maxim brace? I've been meaning to pick up two of them, but I keep finding sales on other parts instead lol. How is the cheek weld?
DD Lite Rail II 14

MY DO NOT DEAL LIST
smilewhenIshoot - “There is zero evidence of voter fraud”
Manwich23 - supports Chinese/US power grid
JiveBunny
Downhillshot
Alwaystrading
dcarms - ATF CUCK

#1377222 - 07/20/18 09:30 PM Re: 4.5” 22LR AR Pistol Build [Re: Koenreich]
Koenreich Offline
Tax Stamp Collector

It’s an absolute riot to shoot, thanks.

The Maxim brace is nice, but for the money I would probably do a SBA3 and law adapter next time. The cheek weld took a little getting used to and is my only complaint about it.