Who's Online
16 registered (roxie, geatkins, lawman90, Apdair1, DaveL, Zach17981, sixshot, Danny007, RedBeardOutlaw, blue1, 6 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1064120 - 07/04/16 10:58 PM Recommend me a good Deer hunting lease/club in NOVA
learningcircles Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Herndon
The title says it all...

I'll be losing my access to my hunting land in NC this fall, so I'm trying to find a new place somewhere closer to me.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

#1069183 - 07/18/16 12:20 PM Re: Recommend me a good Deer hunting lease/club in NOVA [Re: learningcircles]
learningcircles Offline
Marksman

btt

#1069265 - 07/18/16 04:14 PM Re: Recommend me a good Deer hunting lease/club in NOVA [Re: learningcircles]
troutnut Offline
Fish fear me.

Loc: Mcgaheysville
City or County: Rockingham
You may try Craigslist, l know some hunting clubs advertise there at times. Sorry im not more helpful.

#1069473 - 07/19/16 08:09 AM Re: Recommend me a good Deer hunting lease/club in NOVA [Re: learningcircles]
volfan59 Offline
Full Auto

Loc: New Castle, Virginia
City or County: Craig
Good idea. As a matter of fact there was an ad on C-list last week. I don't remember exactly where, but somewhere near Lynchburg if I recall correctly.

#1069714 - 07/19/16 07:40 PM Re: Recommend me a good Deer hunting lease/club in NOVA [Re: volfan59]
bh2win Offline
Prepared

Loc: Clifton
City or County: Fairfax
volfan59,

Back in NC, what was a reasonable price for hunting on someone's land yearly? Some of the prices I'm seeing here in NOVA are $1500-$3000.

What do you think?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If guns kill people then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat."
- Author Unknown

#1069744 - 07/19/16 08:50 PM Re: Recommend me a good Deer hunting lease/club in NOVA [Re: learningcircles]
troutnut Offline
Fish fear me.

There is one that advertises quite a bit on there , they have property in quite a few different counties. Plus ranges , some fishing ponds possibly a cabin/camp. I don't recall exactly but I'm thinking $650-700`range. If i see it again ill try to get info.

#1069756 - 07/19/16 09:31 PM Re: Recommend me a good Deer hunting lease/club in NOVA [Re: troutnut]
bh2win Offline
Prepared

If you could, that'd be great. I'd really appreciate it sir!

"If guns kill people then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat."
- Author Unknown

#1069763 - 07/19/16 10:02 PM Re: Recommend me a good Deer hunting lease/club in NOVA [Re: learningcircles]
volfan59 Offline
Full Auto

Loc: New Castle, Virginia
City or County: Craig
I have never been a member in a club, but I think the ones I have seen advertised were also in the $600-$700 range.

Found the one I mentioned earlier. Here's the link:

https://roanoke.craigslist.org/spo/5682324267.html

Best of luck.

#1069843 - 07/20/16 08:59 AM Re: Recommend me a good Deer hunting lease/club in NOVA [Re: volfan59]
bh2win Offline
Prepared

Dang, a little farther than I wanted to drive. Thank you for finding the info though.

I found this group advertising in the ~$700 range also, they are closer to NOVA and all over VA.

www.nsa-inc.com

- Author Unknown

#1069924 - 07/20/16 01:27 PM Re: Recommend me a good Deer hunting lease/club in NOVA [Re: learningcircles]
troutnut Offline
Fish fear me.

http://www.nsa-inc.com/

This is the one I was thinking of. I have no experience with them , but definitely looks worth checking into. They have some property near me as well.

#1069927 - 07/20/16 01:38 PM Re: Recommend me a good Deer hunting lease/club in NOVA [Re: learningcircles]
Chingon Offline
I know my first name is Bert.

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Prince William
If you Bow Hunt.

http://vbarchers.com/

#1069987 - 07/20/16 04:28 PM Re: Recommend me a good Deer hunting lease/club in NOVA [Re: Chingon]
bh2win Offline
Prepared

Here is the map of NSA-INC and their properties. Nice swath of land. Most but not all allow for High-Powered Rifles.

Attachments
Overview Map A.jpg

- Author Unknown

#1070001 - 07/20/16 05:18 PM Re: Recommend me a good Deer hunting lease/club in NOVA [Re: learningcircles]
troutnut Offline
Fish fear me.

Not bad at all depending on acreage at each location. If i didn't already have too many hunting spots i'd check into it.

#1070074 - 07/20/16 07:59 PM Re: Recommend me a good Deer hunting lease/club in NOVA [Re: troutnut]
bh2win Offline
Prepared

I'm still getting my hunting license and never killed a thing in my life with a high powered rifle. I think I might wait before I get a membership to one of these clubs. $700/yr to bag some meat isn't a bad idea especially if you don't want to travel too far.

I need a mentor in this area!

- Author Unknown

#1071183 - 07/23/16 06:59 PM Re: Recommend me a good Deer hunting lease/club in NOVA [Re: bh2win]
learningcircles Offline
Marksman

Originally Posted By: bh2win
I'm still getting my hunting license and never killed a thing in my life with a high powered rifle. I think I might wait before I get a membership to one of these clubs. $700/yr to bag some meat isn't a bad idea especially if you don't want to travel too far.

I need a mentor in this area!

I'll gladly show you the ropes if I can find a spot that's the right mix of price and proximity. The NSA land looks pretty tempting.

#1071210 - 07/23/16 08:00 PM Re: Recommend me a good Deer hunting lease/club in NOVA [Re: bh2win]
learningcircles Offline
Marksman

Dang, a little farther than I wanted to drive. Thank you for finding the info though.

I found this group advertising in the ~$700 range also, they are closer to NOVA and all over VA.

www.nsa-inc.com

Thanks for the tip, I sent them an e-mail that I'm interested in joining.

#1071224 - 07/23/16 08:28 PM Re: Recommend me a good Deer hunting lease/club in NOVA [Re: learningcircles]
bh2win Offline
Prepared

Roger that learning! I'll take you up on that offer for sure. I'm 50% the way through with my online hunting course. I'd feel more comfortable going with an experienced hunter before I try it on my own later in the season, still need to collect hunting clothing and gear.

I reached out to the gentleman from NSA, apparently it's the initiation fee + first years dues together. It's a tad costly to get in but easier to maintain.

Are you more of a summer or winter hunter?

- Author Unknown

#1071260 - 07/23/16 10:13 PM Re: Recommend me a good Deer hunting lease/club in NOVA [Re: learningcircles]
troutnut Offline
Fish fear me.

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting/regulations/#nav-menu. This should help as well. Earliest season is archery in September.

#1071263 - 07/23/16 10:26 PM Re: Recommend me a good Deer hunting lease/club in NOVA [Re: bh2win]
learningcircles Offline
Marksman

Roger that learning! I'll take you up on that offer for sure. I'm 50% the way through with my online hunting course. I'd feel more comfortable going with an experienced hunter before I try it on my own later in the season, still need to collect hunting clothing and gear.

I reached out to the gentleman from NSA, apparently it's the initiation fee + first years dues together. It's a tad costly to get in but easier to maintain.

Are you more of a summer or winter hunter?

Mostly fall. Dove a little, Deer a LOT, and the occasional Duck and Turkey outings in late winter and spring, respectively.

#1502884 - 06/13/19 11:51 AM Re: Recommend me a good Deer hunting lease/club in NOVA [Re: learningcircles]
Dbc Offline
Addicted

Loc: NOVA
I’ve always hunted the islands on the Potomac in the lovettsville area. There is at least one public island and once the crops get cut on the banks the deer flock to these islands to bed down. I’ve had great success going this route. You will need some kind of boat however. And please keep in mind that anything greater than 10’ off the VA side is considered MD, so a MD hunting license is required and you’ll want to abide by MD gun laws when in the river. Hope this helps!
Sig rattler
Lwrc pistol
Mp5 & clones
Ump
B&t
High end braced pistols
High end 1911’s
Nice wheel guns
CZ Bren pistol
Lmt rifles/pistols
ACOGs, rmr’s, vcog, Trijicon scopes