Who's Online
9 registered (Shadow01, thatruhondaryda, DT88, big_lu_lu, pillar224, sbook, 3 invisible), 14 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1122455 - 11/26/16 11:45 PM Msweeden
Epeeist Offline
Sharp Shooter

Loc: Charlottesville
City or County: Albemarle
This member contacted me about a pistol I had for sale and listed for $850. He offered a CZ P09, but no other details. I told him I would consider it, but would need to even the trade out. He responded that he expected an even trade, and that he paid $680 for his gun. No mention that this was around 200 less than what I was asking, and he was quoting what he paid new.

I had informed him I had seen one new at the last show in the $500 range, and then thanked him by told him I was not interested. He responded with insults, saying that my gun was worth much less than I wanted, that I was lying about the price of the gun I saw, etc. etc. I responded that this was not acceptable behavior among adults and that I would consider making this notation in profile. He then flagged my listing that was crossposted on Armslist, called me a typical, whinny white man and so forth. I am happy to forward the entire email chain to a moderator. I would suggest that this gentleman has displayed behavior that is to immature, uncivilized and fraudulent to be a member of this community.

#1122522 - 11/27/16 09:00 AM Re: Msweeden [Re: Epeeist]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
PM sent to Msweeden inviting him to respond.

Others not involved in this response are NOT to respond.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#1122874 - 11/27/16 09:56 PM Re: Msweeden [Re: Epeeist]
msweeden Offline
Double barrel

Loc: VA
City or County: Richmond
No need to respond of nothing haste. Simple trade disagreement and frustration. Messages shows a reasonable conversation that went south due to the seller. All in all I hold no grudge nor ask of a disciplinary action.

#1123059 - 11/28/16 11:36 AM Re: Msweeden [Re: Epeeist]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Thread locked. Both sides had their say.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln