Who's Online
12 registered (loomey4320, BSA1944, KBush51, PanzerJager107, Nedpepper1, kd4iea, Brooke Boy, M4fun, NWSLLC, 3 invisible), 9 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#54742 - 10/20/10 08:37 PM FAQ **** Not getting email alerts ??? Here's how to fix it.
VaGunTrader Offline
The Dictator

Loc: Petersburg Va
City or County: Petersburg
It's very easy.

1. At the top center of your screen you'll see MY STUFF, click on it.
2. Then click on EDIT PREFERENCES.

3. Then scroll down about 3/4 of the way to the bottom until you see By default should anything added to your Watch Lists be emailed to you? Click on YES.

4. Just below that is Do you want to be notified via email when you receive a private message? Again, click on YES.

5. At the very bottom of the page click on the SUBMIT button.

6. Whenever you begin your own topic you will be notified when someone replies. BUT, if you are replying to another members topic you will need to check the Add this thread to my Watched Topics box if you want email alerts from that topic.

NOTE: The picture below is found when you reply to a topic. It is not in your Edit Preferences section.

#59890 - 11/04/10 03:45 PM Re: Not getting email alerts ??? Here's how to fix it. [Re: VaGunTrader]
28gauge Offline
Small gauge man!

Loc: Richmond and I get around ! VA...
City or County: Richmond City
Was getting them and now it has quit.

#59911 - 11/04/10 04:41 PM Re: Not getting email alerts ??? Here's how to fix it. [Re: 28gauge]
VaGunTrader Offline
The Dictator

Loc: Petersburg Va
City or County: Petersburg
I've been getting them. I havent heard of anyone else having a problem. I'm not familiar with gmail. Does it have a spam filter?

#1181918 - 04/05/17 09:49 PM Re: Not getting email alerts ??? Here's how to fix it. [Re: VaGunTrader]
LaserJock Offline
B * L * U * E

Loc: NoVA 22192
City or County: NoVA 22192
This deserves a bump. Multiple reports of notification emails ceasing. If you are experiencing this please post here.

1st toggle off then back on the setting in your preference. If you need a pm sent ask here.

Post specifics such as last date email received, browser, email provider internet provider, etc.

Originally Posted By: member
I posted this a day or so ago but it has been deleted. I am not getting the email PM post notification. I am on Verizon. I have been checking on three different computers and4 android devices. I turned email notifications off and then on. I have tried changing my emails to another address did not receive the verification email. Can this be fixed?

#1181926 - 04/05/17 09:54 PM Re: Not getting email alerts ??? Here's how to fix it. [Re: VaGunTrader]
Com 45acp Offline
Bullseye

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Amissville
Quit getting them as well.

#1182032 - 04/06/17 09:15 AM Re: Not getting email alerts ??? Here's how to fix it. [Re: VaGunTrader]
mequirky Offline
Conversion Madness

Loc: Dale City Va.
City or County: Dale City
Stopped getting emails on the 28th of March. Tried the above procedure, tried changing my email address, never got the confirmation email. Posted in the Guest and Member Help and the first one was deleted. Posted again. Have checked on different machines and devices. Different OS and mail programs. Still nothing.

Edited by mequirky (04/06/17 09:15 AM)

What me worry?
A.E. Newman

#1182051 - 04/06/17 10:03 AM * [Re: VaGunTrader]
RRoy Offline
Addicted

Loc: Virginia Beach, VA
City or County: Virginia Beach

Edited by RRoy (05/13/17 02:32 PM)

#1182320 - 04/06/17 09:13 PM Re: Not getting email alerts ??? Here's how to fix it. [Re: VaGunTrader]
mequirky Offline
Conversion Madness

Loc: Dale City Va.
City or County: Dale City
Woohoo! got a email notification (finally).

What me worry?
A.E. Newman