Who's Online
15 registered (stick, Dave1978, ratman, Osprey, DamonL, vaspence, duracam, rjennings03A3, Dhoard21, Slater, 5 invisible), 8 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1037508 - 05/02/16 08:45 PM Armslist SCAMMER
RUGGIERO Offline
General Nuisance

Loc: Chesapeake
City or County: Chesapeake
A few weeks ago I (stupidly) made a mail order deal with a private seller in California. We connected via Armslist and the deal was to buy his Springfield V16. The add sounded legit but I ignored the warning signs of not wanting to use PayPal.. But I passed it off as PayPal not wanting to deal with firearms. I ended up (stupidly.. Again) sending a money order and the scammer on the other side was even "kind enough" to let me know that he got it and would be shipping the gun the next day. That was the last I heard of him. I recently discovered the ad AGAIN posted on armslist and marked it as a scam. He was located in San Fransicsco, California and the second time I saw the ad (this week) it was listed from Sacramento. I notified the local authorities in the town where I sent the money order. They had an ID in the system with a matching name and address but they think someone may have stolen the mans identity and had been watching his mailbox. I will let you all know of any updates. I went against my better judgement here for the love of the gun and lost out big time... I hope no one else makes the same stupid mistake that I did.

#1037524 - 05/02/16 09:19 PM Re: Armslist SCAMMER [Re: RUGGIERO]
AutoMag Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Virginia Beach, Va. 23451
City or County: Virginia Beach, Va.
Sorry to hear that RUGGIERO.

A friend of mine from Florida was also scammed on Armslist when he sent a MO to purchase an AMT Baby AutoMag. I have always heard nothing but bad things in regards to Armslist.

I hope you can get your money back my friend.

#1037528 - 05/02/16 09:35 PM Re: Armslist SCAMMER [Re: RUGGIERO]
LaserJock Offline
B * L * U * E

Loc: NoVA 22192
City or County: NoVA 22192
RUGGIERO,

Sorry to hear you were scammed. Posting here is a good idea to warn our membership and will hopefully prevent anymore victims from being taken.

Go ahead and add the scammers contact information and details. If you edit the thread title search engines will display in the results.

Thread title: Armslist SCAMMER, name, email, address, phone number etc

#1037596 - 05/03/16 07:11 AM Re: Armslist SCAMMER [Re: RUGGIERO]
oodles-of-noodles Offline
Full Auto

Loc: NoVA
City or County: Fairfax
Armslist scammers have been using Gunbroker user pics to make the scam more real. Always ask for more pics then ask them to take more. If they cannot deliver then it is probably a scam.
"Liberty is never unalienable; it must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes. Of all the so-called natural human rights that have ever been invented, liberty is least likely to be cheap and is never free of cost." Heinlein

#1037712 - 05/03/16 12:02 PM Re: Armslist SCAMMER [Re: RUGGIERO]
Dave1978 Online   content
Tactical Tommy Commando

Loc: Fairfax
City or County: Fairfax
I usually buy off of gunbroker. If you buy from their auction and you get scammed. Gunbroker will cover All except a $100. Also gunbroker has feed back similar to vaguntrader so you get an idea on who you are dealing with. Last thing always deal with United States postal service money orders. I say this because not only stealing the money is a felony but your messing with a federal agency as well. Plus United States postal service has their own law enforcement agency that in theory should start an investigation. I'm not a 100% sure on the usps money order but I feel better about using it.

Homer J. Simpson

#1038115 - 05/04/16 09:25 AM Re: Armslist SCAMMER [Re: RUGGIERO]
starbuc3 Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Chester
City or County: Chesterfield
Armslist is rife with scammers. I would say on a weekly basis there are users (in VA specifically) that post false ads. Just recently there was a gentlemen who posted a norinco side folder for sale. He alleged he was located in Richmond, but refused to allow me to see the rifle face to face prior to purchase. He insisted that the rifle be shipped to an FFL (versus meeting at one face to face to complete the deal).

Here are a few tips to check for scammer:

-Ask for the mailing address where payment is to be sent
- google the address (use street view to check for type of house, run down/foreclosed/etc)
-with the name provided to a check on whitepages and see if the address and name match up.
-if all of that lines up, ask them to provide a copy of a utility bill in their name at that address.

Finally, if you are set to do the deal, contact local LE and ask them if they could send a patrol over to the house to make sure it's occupied and by the name of the person you are dealing with.

It's a pain in the **I'm an idiot**, but as my grandpa said "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"

sorry about your loss bro.

#1038835 - 05/05/16 06:44 PM Re: Armslist SCAMMER [Re: RUGGIERO]
spotshuntclub Offline
Bullet Supply

Loc: VA
City or County: Suffolk
that's a whole lot of bs to do, how about ask for a copy of his ffl or his dealers ffl and verify on the atf website. google the name on the postal money order, it is almost always the actual name of the scammer bc they have to be able to cash it to be effective. if you google it and it comes up with a bunch of complaints of fraud,, then you know. most of these people don't hide their identity, they just know it is a pain in the butt for you to actually go after them over a small amount of money.

https://www.facebook.com/bbreloadingsupplies

#1058995 - 06/21/16 07:17 PM Re: Armslist SCAMMER [Re: RUGGIERO]
phoeab Offline
Back on the East Coast, but in Maryland.

Loc: Berlin, MD
City or County: Worcester County, MD
Something I do to check the legitimacy of Armslist listings, I use Google Chrome. In chrome you can right click a photo and search for that photo or similar photos posted elsewhere via google image search. If its a photo from another website or older/closed auction listing, its a scam.

#1090651 - 09/09/16 11:25 PM Re: Armslist SCAMMER [Re: RUGGIERO]
2nd.amend Offline
Shooting blanks at Magnum force! ;)

Loc: Gainesville va
City or County: Gainesville
Deal face to face with good ole VGT members and don't worry about the BS!!

#1097824 - 09/27/16 11:52 AM Re: Armslist SCAMMER [Re: RUGGIERO]
Tyronyglock40man Offline
NO TIME FOR “WOKE” JOKE UNICORN FOLK

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Capital of the Confederacy Richmond-Williamsburg area
I NEVER send money , check , etc to anyone like that , it's always ftf , cash in hand . I had one a few weeks ago that wouldn't even talk on the phone or meet ftf cash , they demanded sent to an FFL , but They expect me to send them my money and they walk , and this was in Fredericksburg ! I told him I'd meet him at an FFL of his choice , of course no response then so I reported it and it got removed , burns my butt

Edited by tonyglock40man (09/27/16 11:53 AM)
All a media crap show

RIP LAKEN RILEY

FJB

It will always be Forts Lee AP Hill Bragg Pickett Benning Gordon and Hood

DEO VINDICE !!!!!!!!!!

#1098982 - 09/30/16 01:47 AM Re: Armslist SCAMMER [Re: 2nd.amend]
K6AZ Offline
Addicted

Loc: Powhatan
City or County: Powhatan
Originally Posted By: 2nd.amend
Deal face to face with good ole VGT members and don't worry about the BS!!

Yep, FTF here and on Armslist. If you must buy a gun from out of state use Gunbroker and check that feedback. I've purchased several hard to find guns on GB and have never had a problem. I prefer to deal FTF if it's something that isn't so hard to get. I've met a lot of good people here but just like anywhere else there is always a few flakes around (no-show at meet points).

#1112498 - 11/01/16 11:16 PM Re: Armslist SCAMMER [Re: RUGGIERO]
Paul J Offline
Bolt action

City or County: Loudoun
Please report mail fraud to the postmaster.

#1112636 - 11/02/16 11:08 AM Re: Armslist SCAMMER [Re: RUGGIERO]
joker84 Offline
Single barrel

City or County: Covington
Watch for guy on arms list Joseph lampugnano lamjos@outlook.com tried to get me for a gun want me to send in mail he was sending cashier's check I went against my better judgement told him to **I'm voting for Hillary** off Google the name not first time

#1113221 - 11/03/16 10:12 PM Re: Armslist SCAMMER [Re: joker84]
num1fordfan Offline
RUGERS and T.B.T.B.E.B

Loc: prince george , va 23875
City or County: PRINCE GEORGE
Originally Posted By: joker84
Watch for guy on arms list Joseph lampugnano lamjos@outlook.com tried to get me for a gun want me to send in mail he was sending cashier's check I went against my better judgement told him to **I'm voting for Hillary** off Google the name not first time

https://www.armslist.com/posts/6035448/n...e5037-gmail-com

#1113265 - 11/04/16 06:03 AM Re: Armslist SCAMMER [Re: RUGGIERO]
troutnut Offline
Fish fear me.

Loc: Mcgaheysville
City or County: Rockingham
Yeah i've had him reply to my Armslist post's . Told him to GFY

#1113565 - 11/04/16 07:43 PM Re: Armslist SCAMMER [Re: RUGGIERO]
MP3Mogul Offline
VAGT Staff

Loc: Salem, Virginia
City or County: Salem
he did reply to a few I had as well

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."
Chesty Puller

#1139929 - 01/06/17 10:03 AM Re: Armslist SCAMMER [Re: RUGGIERO]
RUGGIERO Offline
General Nuisance

UPDATE: The authorities in California have found the scammer and are forwarding the case to the local DA. Apparently he scammed dozens of people so it turned into a large case. I'll keep you all updated with any details that I receive.

#1150149 - 01/28/17 08:42 PM Re: Armslist SCAMMER [Re: RUGGIERO]
chwebmaker Offline
Marksman

Loc: Haymarket, Virginia
City or County: Haymarket
That is a nightmare for sure Ruggiero. People that steal your money should be hanged! I've done a few transactions out of state on Armslist, but I've always insisted on sending the money order to the sellers FFL. Before I do that I contact the FFL and make sure everything is on the up and up and make sure the FFL is on board with shipping the gun in the condition as promised as soon as my money order arrives. This has worked for me on three expensive purchases.

Edited by chwebmaker (01/28/17 08:43 PM)

#1173918 - 03/19/17 02:59 AM Re: Armslist SCAMMER [Re: RUGGIERO]
James Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Gods country
City or County: Fairfax/Bristow/Rixeyville
That's great ruggiero,,,, I hope they burn that California tree huggin piece of **I miss Obama**,,,
He was prob a liberal anti gun crazy that scammed hard working Americans out of money while looting, vandalizing, and burning the American flag during the election. He deserves the worst

Edited by the cwa (03/21/17 09:26 PM)
Edit Reason: bypassing curse filter

#1176307 - 03/24/17 10:28 AM Re: Armslist SCAMMER [Re: RUGGIERO]
ourway77 Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Delaware
City or County: Ocean View

tizoapp Beware of this guy he replied to WTB ad I placed on another sight asked me to reply to his e-mail He joined the sight Tuesday and has no posts nothing

#1176655 - 03/25/17 05:31 AM Re: Armslist SCAMMER [Re: RUGGIERO]
LaserJock Offline
B * L * U * E

Loc: NoVA 22192
City or County: NoVA 22192
Report any suspicious activity to Moderators.

Click any names in blue at the bottom right of this page to send a pm.

Include names, email addresses, postal address, phone numbers and copy and paste the pm or email and any details regarding the contact.

#1176942 - 03/25/17 06:47 PM Re: Armslist SCAMMER [Re: RUGGIERO]
Pham27 Offline
Patriot

Loc: VA
City or County: Burke
Good way I've done business with people who are adamant about money order: Have them take a picture of the gun with their name and address,or a photo ID-more sure, next to it. Anyone who's legit about the transaction wouldn't mind doing that.

#1207253 - 06/04/17 09:33 PM Re: Armslist SCAMMER [Re: RUGGIERO]
RUGGIERO Offline
General Nuisance

UPDATE: THE SUSPECT IS IN CUSTODY AND HAS HIS COURT DATE ON JUNE 15TH. MY CLAIM HAS BEEN SUBMITTED AND IS PENDING THE RESULT OF THE COURT

#1207271 - 06/04/17 10:34 PM Re: Armslist SCAMMER [Re: RUGGIERO]
stockram Offline
Tactical Tommy Commando

Loc: louisa
City or County: louisa
I hope it works out for you ruggiero

#1208665 - 06/07/17 09:34 PM Re: Armslist SCAMMER [Re: RUGGIERO]
RUGGIERO Offline
General Nuisance

Thanks stockram... I'll keep all you guys updated