Who's Online
8 registered (Jackillac, LukefromTx, Miami08, msweeden, Repps, thedorkknight, J D Shelby, 1 invisible), 6 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1277931 - 11/11/17 07:14 PM JoeyC
rhosco Offline
Addicted

Loc: Richmond
City or County: louisa
Buyer beware.
JoeyC had an item listed to sell for which I made an offer that he declined. We later discussed a trade but did not agree to a deal. JoeyC then texted me a few days later saying he needed money to repair his vehicle and would accept my original cash offer. On a Friday at 2:07pm he said he would meet me in Williamsburg to complete the deal the following day around lunchtime. The next day, he does not make the meet and said he was stuck at a game with his kids which was delayed due to an injury during the game. I offered to drive even further to meet but he couldn’t get away from the game, and said he would drive up to meet me the next morning.
A text on Sunday morning at 0836 went unanswered, as did another at 1110. At 2:45pm, a text asking what was up generated a response that a very close family member was very ill and had been in surgery since 0720 that morning and he had just come out to update family...
Except for 1151 that morning when he was editing an ad for an item that was identical to one of the components that he had agreed to sell.
And he has listed other components that are identical to parts of the item he had agreed to sell since. I waited a week on the chance that he had just been editing his ad while waiting in the hospital, and then texted him wishing his uncle well and asking about when we might be able to meet. No response.
My advice: do not drive any distance to meet JoeyC because he may very well change his mind and not bother to let you know.

#1280274 - 11/16/17 05:04 PM Re: JoeyC [Re: rhosco]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
PM sent to JoeyC encouraging him to respond.

Others not involved in this transaction are NOT to respond.

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#1280293 - 11/16/17 05:51 PM Re: JoeyC [Re: rhosco]
JoeyC Offline
Mud freak

Loc: Tidewater
City or County: Poquoson
Did I miss something ? We never had a time set in stone and you said you were making a trip to area anyways so please don't say you came down to meet just for me. You pushed for a exact time and I even explained before I left I was tied up until later in the afternoon ( kids super bowl). Then you said we( wife maybe?) will be down in a hour or so if I recall to look at some stuff. Sorry I don't know to what zero hour that was. Not in the military . I even replied that I could not meet anytime soon. I still have everything that was spoken about so not sure about the extra posting as I had several of same type set ups. Yes my uncle who almost did no make it was more important then anything we had dicussed. You text me one time to wish him ok. Thanks for that, however before you went and posted a negative review you should have called or text me this week to see if we could still do deal. I was 4.5 hours away from my home with him and other family. I literally just walked in the house and it is hard to believe that this comment is posted against me when life happens. I had though about reaching out to you for the weekend coming up,as I had spoken about to my wife on way home. However even though you said please take your time I still want it. I agreed to get back in touch with you when I could do that it was yours I guess it took to long so you left post against me .( life happens father of 3 kids). Also for the record texting would not have done any good where I was at , but a simple message on here would have. If I recall you answered the post from another site anyways. Not 100% on that but almost positive. As we never discussed anything about VAGT as most members do. In past other members talk about reviews and each others names.I take this forum extremely serious as seen in my other reviews. At this time is guess Ill just keep item as I would hate for it not to go you way again. Thanks I also did not carry phone into hospital that Sunday but my I-pad yes. So I did not get text for awhile.

Edited by JoeyC (11/16/17 05:54 PM)