Who's Online
12 registered (Becktboi, InkedSquid2, aspen1776, louie0914, FREDC, s70l3n, antiquerer, CrispyPickle, atnads, wrickster, 2 invisible), 12 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1414201 - 10/23/18 11:58 AM Solid Start
Sean M Offline
Former Action Guy

Loc: SW VA
City or County: Patrick/Henry

Edited by Sean M (10/23/18 11:59 AM)

#1414512 - 10/24/18 09:23 AM Re: Solid Start [Re: Sean M]
Execprotect Offline
Dialed In

Loc: Rappahannock County
City or County: Rappahannock County
Looks great! I've wanted to do something similar but I don't know how I would secure them from break in, water or fire short of buying a bank vault or having a safe room blocked in. How did you construct your room?

#1444644 - 01/13/19 03:22 PM Re: Solid Start [Re: Execprotect]
Sean M Offline
Former Action Guy

Loc: SW VA
City or County: Patrick/Henry
I used an existing garage that provided three sides enclosed by earth, and the walls, ceiling, and floor already gave me reinforced concrete in all directions. We framed, and insulated the walls and ceiling, ran the wiring for the lights and outlets, then closed the walls in with 5/8” plywood, for use to hang items in the event a stud wasn’t available. Used an epoxy finish for the floor, added some paint and stain to the walls and ceiling, installed a mini-split and dehumidifier, then jackhammered into the foundation to install the vault door. Sealed off the garage door opening with new reinforced concrete and brick work.

Once all of the construction was finished, I took the proceeds from the sale of my safe and purchased the display system from Tactical Walls up near Shenendoah. Then I mounted my reloading bench and work bench to the frames of the walls to give me extra leverage to yank and bank on when the need arises.

#1453018 - 02/02/19 12:25 PM Re: Solid Start [Re: Sean M]
redpill47 Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Fairfax
Excellent work my friend, if that is not inspiration, I dont know what is. Also, looks like my to do list just got a lot longer...