Who's Online
23 registered (Paul4737, jhumphrey, Biggorrillaman, wally, 1911slinger, Jonnelson1985, vega33322, ryanrichmond, jpa0118, Redeemed, mike11713, 12 invisible), 6 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1444863 - 01/14/19 08:47 AM "Modern Progressive/Democrat" Firearm Enthusiasts
Execprotect Offline
Dialed In

Loc: Fauquier-Catlett
City or County: Fauquier
I don't want this thread to go down the wrong path but here we go:
I've noticed posts by many members that would make you believe these people subscribe to an ideology that is left of center. Most of the posts by these members seem to highlight the need for additional government assistance programs, tax increases and of course the demonization of President Trump.

My question is, as firearms enthusiasts how do they support an ideology that has removing the private ownership of common firearms as its centerpiece?

Edited by Execprotect (01/14/19 08:47 AM)

#1444902 - 01/14/19 10:09 AM Re: "Modern Progressive/Democrat" Firearm Enthusiasts [Re: Execprotect]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Woodbridge/Stafford/Gloucester...
City or County: Prince William, Stafford & Gloucester monthly.
Label no one...

I am not a D or a R... I am not a Conservative or a Liberal...

Some days I am a vegetarian... some days I am a carnivora... most days I am a omnivore.

The #1 thing IMHO is to avoid all labels and FORCE people to think and talk.

Pollster came to my door in the Fall...

Asked if I was an R or D? I said yes.

Asked if I liked or disliked President Trump? I said yes.

Asked if I liked kittens or puppies better? I said yes.

Small minds try to pigeonhole people... fight it... with or without humor... but always fight it.

MAKE PEOPLE THINK...

My Daddy taught me... "Thinking is the hardest work there is... that is why so few people do it."

This is why I miss Dusty... kinda hard to play racquetball without a wall to bounce you ball against.

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#1444917 - 01/14/19 10:52 AM Re: "Modern Progressive/Democrat" Firearm Enthusiasts [Re: Execprotect]
imaduckin Offline
Addicted

Loc: virginia
City or County: fredericksburg
im just a ole grouch that thinks the world is going to the fools, im from a simpler time when men used the mens toilet, gay was something you felt when bombing toy soldiers with dirt clogs, and i carryed a shotgun to school in my gun rack.

#1445240 - 01/15/19 04:29 AM Re: "Modern Progressive/Democrat" Firearm Enthusiasts [Re: Execprotect]
toughtom12 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Centreville/Manassas
City or County: Manassas
I consider myself to be an Independent, but I probably fall into the category of Progressive on most issues. I think that it is important to make sure that you don't get caught up in tribalism, and just saying "My side good, their side bad" I evaluate issues on a case by case basis, and I am always willing to change my mind based on the evidence I see. I am a firm believer in the right of people to own and carry firearms for self defense, and I have not seen any anti gun legislation proposed that would actually make things better. I am not an absolutist though, and I am always happy to hear anti gun arguments while keeping an open mind. It's a shame that so many people enter into debates with their mind already made up! I also want to say that I love VA Gun Trader, and that I am proud to be a longtime member here. I hope most of you guys would agree that we need to be as inclusive as we can in the gun community though. Just because someone has a different opinion than you on tax rates, healthcare, abortion, gay marriage, drug legalization, etc... does not mean that that same person does not believe in our rights to own AR-15's and carry our Glocks wherever we see fit.

#1445287 - 01/15/19 09:31 AM Re: "Modern Progressive/Democrat" Firearm Enthusiasts [Re: Execprotect]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

The flaw in this STB... is that it is a shotgun blast.

Pick any SINGLE topic...

LGBT&Q civil rights and 2A rights are TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT TOPICS...

It is the Politicians that corral the stupid into the All Or Nothing agenda...

THINK ABOUT IT!

#1445289 - 01/15/19 09:32 AM Re: "Modern Progressive/Democrat" Firearm Enthusiasts [Re: Cash is King]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Originally Posted By: Cash is King

Pick any SINGLE topic...

It is the Politicians that corral the stupid into the All Or Nothing agenda...

THINK ABOUT IT!

No offense intended ExP

#1445476 - 01/15/19 04:10 PM Re: "Modern Progressive/Democrat" Firearm Enthusiasts [Re: Cash is King]
Execprotect Offline
Dialed In

Loc: Fauquier-Catlett
City or County: Fauquier
I guess see it as my right to keep and bear arms trumps any other issue in politics. If we have no way of removing a tyrannical government then in essence we really have no rights at all; just what they feel like granting at the time. To me it is an all encompassing issue.

#1445659 - 01/16/19 01:46 AM Re: "Modern Progressive/Democrat" Firearm Enthusiasts [Re: Execprotect]
bustedknee Online   content
Curmudgeon

Loc: Southwest Va
City or County: Wythe
Originally Posted By: Execprotect
....I've noticed posts by many members that would make you believe these people subscribe to an ideology that is left of center. ....

Yep. Fudds.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fudd

"....
1. Like Elmer: Slow, dumb, happily clueless.

2. Owns firearms commonly used for hunting.

3. Knows jackshit about the Constitution of the United States of America.

4. Believes the Second Amendment was written so he could own a shotgun and a bolt-action deer rifle.

5. Has no interest in other types of firearms, and may condemn, and even help ban them.

See: moron, useful idiot, target of scorn, cuck.....
"

I see more and more Fudds on the gun boards that I frequent. I'm a little surprised because I expected all of us to be of a like mind on RTKBA. Not so.
I used to spend a lot of time over on Glocktalk until it was flooded by the Fudds who were quickly taken over by the Snowflakes. Who, BTW, are offended by every post.

A post with a link to a newspaper article about a black bear that broke into an Anchorage, AK apartment and was killed by the occupant with a Glock, was removed because "black" as in "black bear" is a racist term that may offend.

mini
It is my theory that since the black bear was so ornery he probably self-identified as a grizzly bear.

Edited by bustedknee (01/16/19 01:49 AM)

#1445794 - 01/16/19 12:56 PM Re: "Modern Progressive/Democrat" Firearm Enthusiasts [Re: bustedknee]
madmanindc Offline
I like guns.

Loc: loudoun county
City or County: Sterling
Originally Posted By: bustedknee
....I've noticed posts by many members that would make you believe these people subscribe to an ideology that is left of center. ....

Yep. Fudds.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fudd

"....
1. Like Elmer: Slow, dumb, happily clueless.

2. Owns firearms commonly used for hunting.

3. Knows jackshit about the Constitution of the United States of America.

4. Believes the Second Amendment was written so he could own a shotgun and a bolt-action deer rifle.

5. Has no interest in other types of firearms, and may condemn, and even help ban them.

See: moron, useful idiot, target of scorn, cuck.....
"

I see more and more Fudds on the gun boards that I frequent. I'm a little surprised because I expected all of us to be of a like mind on RTKBA. Not so.
I used to spend a lot of time over on Glocktalk until it was flooded by the Fudds who were quickly taken over by the Snowflakes. Who, BTW, are offended by every post.

A post with a link to a newspaper article about a black bear that broke into an Anchorage, AK apartment and was killed by the occupant with a Glock, was removed because "black" as in "black bear" is a racist term that may offend.

mini
It is my theory that since the black bear was so ornery he probably self-identified as a grizzly bear.

We are so screwed...

#1445846 - 01/16/19 03:54 PM Re: "Modern Progressive/Democrat" Firearm Enthusiasts [Re: Execprotect]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

I identify as a bear...

When I have to go in the woods.

#1445847 - 01/16/19 03:55 PM Re: "Modern Progressive/Democrat" Firearm Enthusiasts [Re: Cash is King]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Pick any SINGLE topic...

It is the Politicians that corral the stupid FUDDs into the All Or Nothing agenda...

THINK ABOUT IT!

It that what ya mean?

Edited by Cash is King (01/16/19 03:56 PM)
Edit Reason: Typos... as always

#1446855 - 01/19/19 02:23 AM Re: "Modern Progressive/Democrat" Firearm Enthusiasts [Re: Execprotect]
Paratus Offline
Addicted

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Appomattox
I don't want this thread to go down the wrong path but here we go:
I've noticed posts by many members that would make you believe these people subscribe to an ideology that is left of center. Most of the posts by these members seem to highlight the need for additional government assistance programs, tax increases and of course the demonization of President Trump.

My question is, as firearms enthusiasts how do they support an ideology that has removing the private ownership of common firearms as its centerpiece?

The first thing you need to realize about the Marxist Democrat party is that being in power and increased centralized government control is EVERYTHING. Winning at all costs is the theme. Lying to attain this position is perfectly acceptable. Project Veritas has published videos for evidence of this.

The Progressive "movement" is a Marxist themed march. Nothing more. It believes that government control and central planning is the panacea to all societies ills and that capitalism and individual freedom is bad. True freedom is only attained by self rule and individual freedom with limited government intervention. The current civil war in this country is a war between these two political philosophies.

#1453034 - 02/02/19 12:40 PM Re: "Modern Progressive/Democrat" Firearm Enthusiasts [Re: Cash is King]
redpill47 Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Fairfax
Label no one...

MAKE PEOPLE THINK...

My Daddy taught me... "Thinking is the hardest work there is... that is why so few people do it."

This is why I miss Dusty... kinda hard to play racquetball without a wall to bounce you ball against.

Sounds like your father taught you well. I hate to be labeled myself, so I try not to label others.

#1453048 - 02/02/19 01:09 PM Re: "Modern Progressive/Democrat" Firearm Enthusiasts [Re: Execprotect]
Schebishzt Offline
Road Warrior

Loc: Richmond
City or County: Richmond
there are alot of libertarians in the gun community including me. libertarians hold some views you might see as progressive such as marijuana, lgbt stuff, but are extremely right wing when it comes to guns and economics. I'm from the camp of let people do what they want as long as there is no victim. that might cause some confusion for people.

#1453084 - 02/02/19 02:52 PM Re: "Modern Progressive/Democrat" Firearm Enthusiasts [Re: Execprotect]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

You mean you don't fit well into predetermined stereotypes?

Click me

Edited by Cash is King (02/02/19 02:52 PM)
Edit Reason: Typos... as always

#1456275 - 02/10/19 02:59 PM Re: "Modern Progressive/Democrat" Firearm Enthusiasts [Re: Execprotect]
nvcdl Offline
Full Auto

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Fairfax
A lot of Dem gunowners have never lived in a state really dominated by Dems. Gun laws in those states are generally awful.