Who's Online
5 registered (ken792, trappermax, Dinkyman, RWCB, stick), 12 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1344675 - 04/21/18 08:35 AM Dominion Energy is hiring. (Entry Level) possible to make over 90k 1st year!
SgtSquishySquash Offline
Belt Fed

Loc: VA
City or County: Dinwiddie & Henrico
Hey Folks,
Dominion is doing a few more hirings for the position of groundman all throughout different areas of va.

Right now these spots are posted

Line Worker (Groundman) Ahoskie & Roanoke Rapids

Starting pay rate is $19.06 an hour advancing to $24.02 an hour after one year.

Line Worker (Groundman)Alexandria,Springfield,Fairfax,Herndon,Leesburg,
Fredericksburg,Warrenton

The starting pay rate will be $23.38 an hour with an additional 10% per hour Wage Supplement for Fairfax, Herndon, Alexandria and Springfield for a total of $25.71 per hour and a 5% per hour Wage Supplement for Leesburg & Woodbridge for a total of $24.54 per hour.
The starting pay rate for Warrenton and Fredericksburg will be $18.55 per hour advancing to $23.38 per hour after 1 year.
In addition there is a $225.00 per month commuting stipend for the Alexandria District office

Line Worker - Suffolk, Norfolk, Virginia Beach & Hampton

The starting pay rate is $19.06 per hour advancing to $24.02 per hour after one year.

These are all entry level positions.

My area Midlothian, I started at 18.55 per hour, at 1 year in I hit 23.38.
Last year without me even topping out in pay until November, and only taking 65% of the overtime I was offered, I made just shy of $90,000,......it was more than 89k and less than 90k

You apply here

https://careers.dominionenergy.com/search/?q=Groundman&locationsearch=

Also once you have applied, if they are interested in you, you will get a phone screening scheduled via email. After the phone screening, if they are still interested, you will be asked to take a C.A.S.T. (Construction and skills test)
It is a "Recommended or Not Recommended" evaluation. They will schedule it with you. It's kinda like the ASVAB test you take at recruiting centers for the military. It's timed, but it's more of a quality over quantity deal. Answer all the ones you 100% know the answers to first, then go back and try to score some more points on one's you can eliminate some of the wrong answers on.

One part of the test had like 40 questions and only 8 minutes to complete it. You won't be the only one to not finish that one lol. It's kinda a pressure type deal.

Now, if you get a "Recommended" test result, you then MAY be chosen for an interview. Bring your Resume, any letters of recommendation you may have, accomplishments, military service etc. BTW..They love Vets.

They will ask you questions like,
What does safety mean to you?
If given the chance to work extra hours for overtime pay, would you take it?

If you don't get past any one of these trials IE, phone screening, cast test, interview, don't worry.
Keep on trying, persistence is key with these folks.

And if you don't pass the cast test, you are allowed to take a re-test, last I checked.

You only need to Keep a 30% overtime percentage level to keep your job.

Also keep checking the dom.com link . Posts go up and come down every few days. For all different areas all over VA

You can pm me if you have any questions! Good luck!

Edited by SgtSquishySquash (04/21/18 08:36 AM)
Edit Reason: .
If They Stand Against You, Show Them No Mercy

#1344685 - 04/21/18 08:54 AM Re: Dominion Energy is hiring. (Entry Level) possible to make over 90k 1st year! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
Rogpog Offline
Grandpoobar

Loc: "The plains"
City or County: Fauqier county
Pretty much nailed it on the head, pretty decent company to work for. Been there for 12 years and I’ve made a great living in fairfax. It’s good for lots of people including those kids of yours that don’t have a real plan coming out of high school but we’re very physical in sports. I did vocational tech prior to jumping into dom but I’ve seen everything from Sargent 1st class, landscaping business owners, truck drivers, service van runners, fast food workers all come through and top out as a graded employee
The only way I can see value in our 'off work' time is to go back to work, punch the clock on your time off...actually get paid for the time you would otherwise allot to handloading...that would be a value...but, you prolly wouldn't shoot as much.

#1386622 - 08/13/18 06:10 PM Re: Dominion Energy is hiring. (Entry Level) possible to make over 90k 1st year! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
SgtSquishySquash Offline
Belt Fed

Uo

#1394741 - 09/03/18 08:59 AM Re: Dominion Energy is hiring. (Entry Level) possible to make over 90k 1st year! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
SgtSquishySquash Offline
Belt Fed

Up

#1450252 - 01/26/19 06:23 PM Re: Dominion Energy is hiring. (Entry Level) possible to make over 90k 1st year! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
SgtSquishySquash Offline
Belt Fed

Up more big hiring events coming this year spring 2019 and again later in the year. For this position in all different areas of va

#1453198 - 02/02/19 08:22 PM Re: Dominion Energy is hiring. (Entry Level) possible to make over 90k 1st year! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
w.parker Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Culpeper
City or County: culpeper
May I have more information , I would love for my son to be able to get on with Dominion

#1459447 - 02/17/19 10:32 PM Re: Dominion Energy is hiring. (Entry Level) possible to make over 90k 1st year! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
brennen757 Offline
1 3 3 7

Loc: Dinwiddie
City or County: Dinwiddie
Starting the application process now