Who's Online
1 registered (Rudy42), 17 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#1493013 - 05/16/19 02:31 PM Re: Outside carry [Re: w.parker]
DRDinthe703 Offline
9mm Junkie

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Ashland
I open carry only when I'm wearing my badge. Enough said. People do look at you differently if you have a badge. Otherwise, don't draw attention to yourself

#1493026 - 05/16/19 03:39 PM Re: Outside carry [Re: DRDinthe703]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Loc: VA
City or County: Lynchburg
Originally Posted By: DRDinthe703
I open carry only when I'm wearing my badge. Enough said. People do look at you differently if you have a badge. Otherwise, don't draw attention to yourself

Shhhhhhhh....don't draw attention to yourself

I'm not a surgeon, why? What's a little sepsis between friends?

Everyone takes a beating sometimes

#1496195 - 05/25/19 09:25 PM Re: Outside carry [Re: w.parker]
dean2k Offline
Dean

Loc: NOVA
City or County: NOVA - Fairfax
If you hang out with the great VCDL folks that have literally led the fight that has resulted in real positive changes in the firearm laws in Virginia you will observe open carrying frequently. At a VCDL meeting about a year back, the current president noted that it was Virginia culture many years ago that gentlemen openly carried their firearms, whilst criminals concealed their firearms. When an armed citizen is open carrying their “intent” is not concealed. I propose the armed citizen that is openly carrying has an observable intent to protect him or herself (and possibly others) with deadly force.

If you don’t open carry I challenge you to start open carrying - get over it and just do it. Open carrying is legal in Virginia thus it should be a common occurrence to see someone open carrying.

"One died for your soul, the other for your freedom!"

VA CHP holder
VCDL member

#1496207 - 05/25/19 10:16 PM Re: Outside carry [Re: w.parker]
Alex75 Offline
Marksman

City or County: Fairfax Country
try open carry and being Latino. I tried that and almost got killed by police. Never again! Thats was years ago. Low profile with a CHP is the only way for me.

#1496736 - 05/27/19 06:00 PM Re: Outside carry [Re: w.parker]
toughtom12 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Centreville/Manassas
City or County: Manassas
Alex75 brings up a good point! I generally believe that "White Privilege" is nonsense, but I believe that it applies when it comes to carrying and using firearms. Police and Concealed Carriers are both going to be more on edge if they see a black or brown man with a gun vs a white man with a gun. When a white guy is open carrying the first thing in most peoples mind is, "I wonder if he's a cop?" or " I wonder if he's some type of Open Carry activist?". When its a person of color with a gun, people are going to feel more panicked. It sucks!!! But I think it is an uncomfortable truth that we need to recognize. There are tons of youtube videos showing the difference between white and black people open carrying..... The police respond very differently depending on what race the open carry guy is.

#1496740 - 05/27/19 06:27 PM Re: Outside carry [Re: w.parker]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

City or County: 22973
Having been a non white American for more than half a century I’ve never experienced a negative encounter and I’ve been OC’ing for over 32yrs.

From CA to VT I’ve OC’ed where legal in that time frame, and do so whenever I drive across county and in my daily life.

The first 5 years we lived in Fairfax county, nary an issue. Except a local book store asked me not to OC there anymore as guns caused violence.
Funny part I had entered that book store while Oc’ing every Sunday for the prior 5 years with no issues.

I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#1496741 - 05/27/19 06:30 PM Re: Outside carry [Re: w.parker]
Schebishzt Offline
Road Warrior

Loc: Richmond
City or County: Richmond
I'm all for open carry, i just think concealed gives me an advantage in a bad situation. let's you get the jump on a hostage taker or mass killer.

#1496761 - 05/27/19 07:46 PM Re: Outside carry [Re: w.parker]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
Im not going to be panicked no matter what color you are as long as its holstered and you're not acting crazy

#1496795 - 05/27/19 09:15 PM Re: Outside carry [Re: w.parker]
toughtom12 Offline
Gun fool

I'm shocked and pleased that you have not had a negative open carry encounter in 32 years AGENT19! I wish it was the same for everyone. A black friend of mine who carries a gun for a living wont even carry concealed anymore. He only carries if he's in uniform with a badge on. Maybe he's paranoid, and maybe not. He stooped carrying off the clock after watching the Philando Castile Video.

#1496933 - 05/28/19 09:23 AM Re: Outside carry [Re: toughtom12]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Originally Posted By: toughtom12
I'm shocked and pleased that you have not had a negative open carry encounter in 32 years AGENT19! I wish it was the same for everyone. A black friend of mine who carries a gun for a living wont even carry concealed anymore. He only carries if he's in uniform with a badge on. Maybe he's paranoid, and maybe not. He stooped carrying off the clock after watching the Philando Castile Video.

I feel for your friend.
I can’t comment on his state of mind or reasoning for not carrying.

The idea I will be thought of as the suspect vs seen as the victim of a attempted criminal act is real.

However, being able to defend me and mine out weighs those fears.
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#1505914 - 06/22/19 07:38 AM Re: Outside carry [Re: Hearseguy]
KJM813 Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Fauquier
Originally Posted By: Hearseguy

Originally Posted By: Verylargeboots
It's only bad press because of the pussification of our once great nation. Do I think OC is a good idea for most? Nope! Do I do it? Nope! Do I support their right to carry as long as they are 18 or older and a non felon? Absolutely. VA is becoming much like those other communist states that have made moves against law abiding gun owners. Now is not the time to stand against our legally carrying brothers and sisters, no matter how dumb they look with a hi point in a nylon Walmart holster. The time now is to educate and stand together.

Unless anyone's next responses read something like this, I will assume you are an enemy of the 2nd ammendment, and you probly voted for hillary.

And your assumption will be wrong, why issue such an ultimatum?

The OP asked a fair question, maybe not worded the way you insist he should have asked his question, but he isn't you, so get over your preachy indignation.

My opinion, there are times when i feel open carry is inappropriate. To claim that this opinion is anti 2nd amendment, is your right, to be wrong.

#1505968 - 06/22/19 09:56 AM Re: Outside carry [Re: KJM813]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Originally Posted By: KJM813

My opinion, there are times when i feel open carry is inappropriate. To claim that this opinion is anti 2nd amendment, is your right, to be wrong.

Even as someone who OC's 99%, I know there are times when it's not appropriate.
However, I also know that for some the only option is OC or not carry at all.

Support Constitutional Carry!

#1505995 - 06/22/19 10:49 AM Re: Outside carry [Re: KJM813]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

City or County: Lynchburg
Originally Posted By: KJM813
Originally Posted By: Hearseguy

Unless anyone's next responses read something like this, I will assume you are an enemy of the 2nd ammendment, and you probly voted for hillary.

And your assumption will be wrong, why issue such an ultimatum?

The OP asked a fair question, maybe not worded the way you insist he should have asked his question, but he isn't you, so get over your preachy indignation.

His point was that no good comes from trashing those who OC. Further dividing ourselves or judging gun owners who chose to OC does us as a group no good.

I'm not a surgeon, why? What's a little sepsis between friends?

Everyone takes a beating sometimes

#1506463 - 06/23/19 05:17 PM Re: Outside carry [Re: w.parker]
6.5x55 Offline
Nature points out the folly of men

Loc: Ashland
City or County: Hanover
Read up on your city specific regs and limitations folks

Richmond, some towns in tidewater and inside the beltway have mag capacity limits. Don't screw it up by not knowing the boundaries. Better study up on proximity to school property, too.

The local POPO may not give you a pass and a DA is always looking for an easy slam dunk prosecution to bolster the resume'

Long gun OC is just asking for a rectal search in any city environ.

#1506666 - 06/24/19 09:47 AM Re: Outside carry [Re: Casull]
The Corps Offline
SLAP!!!

Loc: NoVA
City or County: Ffx County unfortunately
Originally Posted By: Casull

...BUT, if we don't have the sense to not unduly antagonize them we when we don't need to, then they are going to come stronger and in greater numbers...

IMO, we antagonize "them" just by existing.

Why are you always smiling?" "Because it's all so **I'M AN IDIOT** hysterical."

Chitty chitty bang bang

#1506890 - 06/24/19 09:12 PM Re: Outside carry [Re: w.parker]
toughtom12 Offline
Gun fool

"Read up on your city specific regs and limitations folks".... I thought that Virginia had a rule that localities cannot preempt state laws on firearms?!?! Otherwise Arlington and Alexandria would have banned guns all together.

#1507027 - 06/25/19 09:25 AM Re: Outside carry [Re: w.parker]
Chingon Offline
I know my first name is Bert.

City or County: Prince William
The day you chastise others for exercising their God given rights is the day you've joined the opposition. Exercise your rights with impunity!

#1507028 - 06/25/19 09:25 AM Re: Outside carry [Re: toughtom12]
Chingon Offline
I know my first name is Bert.

City or County: Prince William
Originally Posted By: toughtom12
"Read up on your city specific regs and limitations folks".... I thought that Virginia had a rule that localities cannot preempt state laws on firearms?!?! Otherwise Arlington and Alexandria would have banned guns all together.

They did...and were shot down by the State.

#1507158 - 06/25/19 06:18 PM Re: Outside carry [Re: w.parker]
nvcdl Offline
Bullseye

Loc: ORANGE
City or County: Orange
Open carry is not my thing but I like it when I see someone open carrying - esp. in NoVa. When I was living in FFX's Circle Towers post divorce circa 2009 or so there used to be a young black guy in my building who would open carry all the time.

#1523543 - 08/07/19 11:02 PM Re: Outside carry [Re: w.parker]
HOTBRASS Offline
Poor Man South of Richmond

Loc: Chester VA
City or County: Chester
Gotta love the Walmart idiots who open carry. Why open carry if you don't have to?

#1640497 - 05/24/20 03:27 PM Re: Outside carry [Re: w.parker]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Full Quote

"If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride.
You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person."

~Alan Korwin

#1942198 - 10/21/22 06:24 PM Re: Outside carry [Re: w.parker]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

We all can benefit:
https://youtu.be/Jj1ION8M4fg

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3