Who's Online
22 registered (JustOneMore754, Pdrou, CombatMagnum, wiskytango, trader-randy, g81heli, pjamz757, rootsman, vw2013, Enbloc, twf_usa, MetroBluing, WShifflett, stanley_white, ratman, Phisherman, PMCguns, 5 invisible), 19 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1491178 - 05/11/19 11:24 AM Fitness for handgun shooting
wscrst Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Staunton
I have good cardiovascular fitness, but my upper body is not strong. For folks who were LE or military, what are a couple of the most important places to build muscle for good handgun shooting? I work on my grip and forearms. I should work on my shoulders. Do any of you have a fitness regimen that you do for handgun shooting? Thank you for any expertise in advance. -Dave

#1496832 - 05/28/19 05:20 AM Re: Fitness for handgun shooting [Re: wscrst]
Execprotect Offline
Dialed In

Loc: Fauquier-Catlett
City or County: Fauquier
I would say the muscles in your forearms, biceps, shoulders do a majority of the work while shooting handguns but it is also extremely important to have a strong core (stomach and mid/lower back muscles) Some would probably say legs muscles are the most important because without a solid base your accuracy with suffer. Champion shooters come in all shapes and sizes, from 12 year old girls to 300 lb obese men (Taran Butler anyone). The style of shooting you are doing makes a huge difference in the required fitness level as well.

#1500427 - 06/06/19 06:47 PM Re: Fitness for handgun shooting [Re: wscrst]
wscrst Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Staunton
Great advice. I am weak in the forearms and have concentrated there but my core also could use some work. Thank you.