Who's Online
25 registered (goosenfl, fishbill, BrianJ, FordBoy, moparman, eyegore, DevilDog0402, flynnva, Duncan0512, davida455, smokemquick, vicar, DLE2g, Bigakfan, rollon, Anjoku45, Soldiercraig, JGUTI84, 7 invisible), 13 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1501313 - 06/09/19 01:00 AM PSA KS47 Shorty version
the cwa Offline
MODERATLY MONITORING MODERATOR

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Prince George,23842
Got the 8.5" upper and pistol lower w/ SBA3 adjustable brace. Bought seperate, total was $499.98. Mounted a Vortex Sparc w/ a cheap crappy magnifier I had laying around. Fired 120 rounds, had 1 dud but it had a good primer strike, matched all the fired ones, tried it 3 times but it wouldn't go. No feed issues with a Magpul mag, only tried 1 steel mag and that didn't work well, haven't had a chance to try any others. I'm happy with it so far.

Cash made a nice post about the rifle version.

https://vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1488578

100 yard target w/ the 3 groups outlined. Sticker target is 3".

40ish yard target, offhand, fired as fast as I could.

FIREBALL!!!

Edited by the cwa (09/15/19 08:25 PM)
Edit Reason: tinypic no worky

If you were a hotdog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

HEY, we all know that the moon is not made of green cheese. but what if it was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it then?

#1518591 - 07/26/19 09:47 AM Re: PSA KS47 Shorty version [Re: the cwa]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Woodbridge/Stafford/Gloucester...
City or County: Prince William, Stafford & Gloucester monthly.
Fun

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#1521912 - 08/03/19 10:51 PM Re: PSA KS47 Shorty version [Re: the cwa]
the cwa Offline
MODERATLY MONITORING MODERATOR

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Prince George,23842
Round 2

On the advice of a friend, I upgraded the firing pin and hammer spring. I also got a 7x magnifier, cause why wouldn't I? laugh

Fired a mix of ammo today, cleaning out some loose stuff. No failures to fire. Tried a 2nd surplus metal mag, it did not feed properly, hung up twice in 30 rounds. No feed issues with a 5 round metal mag though. Tried 2 more pmags, a hollow point got hung in one of them.

View from the magnifier at 100 yards. The red dot completely covers the 3" orange target.

100 yards, 3" circle target. The uncovered holes were 2 groups, 5 shots each, after making adjustments.

40 yards, red dot only. Shot using a table to support my arms, fired as fast as I felt comfortable.

40 yards, red dot only. Fired off hand, no support, as fast as I felt comfortable.

If you were a hotdog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

HEY, we all know that the moon is not made of green cheese. but what if it was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it then?

#1522370 - 08/05/19 08:54 AM Re: PSA KS47 Shorty version [Re: the cwa]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Woodbridge/Stafford/Gloucester...
City or County: Prince William, Stafford & Gloucester monthly.
I have been using a 20 round PMAG in mine "mostly"... zero F2F so far. Might try one.

20 rounds will take care of my hunting and varmint realignment needs.

Been running a can on mine mostly as well... did shoot without last Thursday with JonDeere and his dad... gun makes quite a commotion without a can.

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!