Who's Online
15 registered (GrantG, harpua, Cp3, cummins01, 3dgeAlot, RETYRED49, fsumach, DamonL, Skywalking, Hobbez84, Gnome, smokem, 3 invisible), 18 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1508557 - 06/29/19 04:48 PM Trojan Arms Manassas
Execprotect Offline
Dialed In

Loc: Rappahannock County
City or County: Rappahannock County
Albert Einstein is widely credited with saying, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. I foolishly attempted to order a firearm from their online catalog after several previous "less than stellar" interactions with this business. Long story short- Ordered a Father's Day gift for dad from their online catalog. Guaranteed 2 days shipping to store. After a week without a call or email, I called & left my number multiple times; no call back. Finally got a call saying their distributor went out of business and they could not get me that firearm at that price but they could however order one from another distributor for $117 more (they use Davidsons Inc. Which afaik is still in business). I of course declined, and asked for a refund for which they agreed to do. I was in the area and stopped in the store and saw a nice Walther that dad would love and bought it at asking price (which was twice as much as the other firearm I previously ordered online). While in the store I inquired about not receiving my refund for the other pistol and the clerk at the counter insisted they were getting it to me and that the person who does refunds doesn't actually work there.. blah blah blah. Two weeks pass, no refund, no call no email. I called 8 times to no avail, 6 emails to 2 different addresses (which none were replied to) I called the bank and they had to begin the process for a fraudulent charge. Only after contacting Trojan and letting them know why I was going forward with the fraud claim did they issue a refund. The clerk also hung up on me after I stated I would have to proceed with fraud claim for services or goods not rendered. I called a max of once per day and I was extremely polite with them through the whole process. My words of advice.....STAY AWAY! They seem to pander to the non "gun guy" crowd. I expect a lot more from any business and more so from a gun shop. The state of gun shops in the Manassas/NOVA area is sad to say the least.

Edited by Execprotect (06/29/19 06:26 PM)

#1508986 - 06/30/19 09:50 PM Re: Trojan Arms Manassas [Re: Execprotect]
num1fordfan Offline
RUGERS and T.B.T.B.E.B

Loc: prince george , va 23875
City or County: PRINCE GEORGE
They arent lying to you im going through the same stuff now with customers because ELLETT BROS is closing their doors and they are still accepting orders even though they cut their work force by 80%

#1508989 - 06/30/19 09:51 PM Re: Trojan Arms Manassas [Re: Execprotect]
num1fordfan Offline
RUGERS and T.B.T.B.E.B

#1509016 - 07/01/19 05:47 AM Re: Trojan Arms Manassas [Re: Execprotect]
Execprotect Offline
Dialed In

It wasn't so much that they were having trouble getting the money, it was the lack of communication. The credit card charge was for Trojan Arms Manasassas, not an outside vendor. Sometimes a simple email or phone call by an owner or manager can make all the difference.

#1509316 - 07/01/19 07:44 PM Re: Trojan Arms Manassas [Re: Execprotect]
1cold6pack Offline
Stamp Collector

Loc: Virginia Beach, VA
City or County: Virginia Beach
Trojan has never done me wrong.

#1509339 - 07/01/19 08:24 PM Re: Trojan Arms Manassas [Re: Execprotect]
num1fordfan Offline
RUGERS and T.B.T.B.E.B

My order from 3 weeks ago finally arrived from ellett today had 5 customers orders all in 1 box

#1510875 - 07/06/19 01:47 PM Re: Trojan Arms Manassas [Re: Execprotect]
vw2013 Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Spotsylvania
Trojan has always been a fair and honest dealer, I have bought and traded at least a dozen
firearms and have never had any problems with them. Sorry you had a bad experience

#1511263 - 07/07/19 01:48 PM Re: Trojan Arms Manassas [Re: vw2013]
Execprotect Offline
Dialed In

Originally Posted By: vw2013
Trojan has always been a fair and honest dealer, I have bought and traded at least a dozen
firearms and have never had any problems with them. Sorry you had a bad experience

The two other negative experiences I had with them were within a year of them first opening. I figured they had gotten the "new business kinks" worked out since they have now been in business for five years. I was surprised as hell at the lack of customer service they showed. Whether it was their fault or not they couldn't get me an item I had paid for, they need to at least reply to an email or give me a phone call. Communication makes all the difference. The sales clerk on the floor seemed to want to play "call screener" and I'm not sure how much information was being passed up the chain. The times I called and asked to speak to either a manager or the individual who handles their financial transactions he would either say "they are too busy to talk to you," or "I will make sure she calls you."

Edited by Execprotect (07/07/19 01:52 PM)

#1513581 - 07/13/19 02:59 PM Re: Trojan Arms Manassas [Re: Execprotect]
trio Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Warrenton
City or County: Warrenton/Fauquier
Too much handling of loaded firearms by the clerks for me. When guns and ammo warehouse was there one of the clerks handed his loaded firearm to a customer who then lit off a round into the floor “trying the trigger”. For whatever reasons that kind of practice has remained with the change of ownership. I have seen clerks handle loaded firearms they are carrying multiple times on several different visits...sweeping both customers and fellow employees. And clerks handing their carry guns to customers to “try out”.

The straw that broke the camels back for me was when I inquired about a gun and the clerk drew his from his holster and said “like one of these?” When I reacted he assured me it was ok because “there was no round in the chamber”.

I have bought firearms from them before and been very satisfied with them. They seem like nice guys. They did sell glock 43Xs and 48s before the official glock release date for a marked up price which I thought was shady. Still, as I said, nice guys, but the unsafe firearm handling has been prevalent enough that even though I am just a few miles from them I choose to go to all shooters tactical or elite shooting now with the demise of Virginia arms.

Edited by trio (07/13/19 09:00 PM)

#1515369 - 07/17/19 09:57 PM Re: Trojan Arms Manassas [Re: trio]
Premiereshot23 Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Northern VA
City or County: Fairfax
Originally Posted By: trio
with the demise of Virginia arms.

Didnt the previous owner reopen Virginia Arms? I thought I heard that recently.

Ive had nothing but positive experiences with Trojan, but Ive only been twice.

#1515742 - 07/18/19 10:56 PM Re: Trojan Arms Manassas [Re: Premiereshot23]
trio Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Warrenton
City or County: Warrenton/Fauquier
all I will say is the original and now current owner has a history in these things.

His selling it to the now second and former owner was the first step to making Virginia arms the best gun store in the area for 20 years

The only things Virginia arms shares now with the gun store that thrived for 20 years is the name and location (and some of the stock that went along with the sale)

Originally Posted By: Premiereshot23
Originally Posted By: trio
with the demise of Virginia arms.

Didnt the previous owner reopen Virginia Arms? I thought I heard that recently.

Ive had nothing but positive experiences with Trojan, but Ive only been twice.

Edited by trio (07/18/19 10:57 PM)

#1515986 - 07/19/19 04:08 PM Re: Trojan Arms Manassas [Re: Execprotect]
FastEddy Offline
Lost some weight since this pic ;)

City or County: Dumfries AKA Dumpies
I really miss the version of Virginia Arms that Bernie owned and ran. Very good selection and decent prices. Plus Bernie remembered names and had a personality. He was always getting nice consignments in - PPKS, Det Spec, metal SIG’s, you name it. Went back in about three weeks ago & it was beyond depressing. Same old ridiculously over-priced revolvers among a noticeably smaller consignment inventory. I wish them the best but they just don’t seem to be getting any traffic anymore. I will never go back to Trojan.

#1582678 - 01/15/20 11:08 PM Re: Trojan Arms Manassas [Re: Execprotect]
2nd.amend Offline
Shooting blanks at Magnum force! ;)

Loc: Gainesville va
City or County: Gainesville
I bought a rifle from Trojan arms. Rifle would not fire, I called 6 times with promises of return calls but never got one!!!!
I'll never step foot in there door again !!!!!!

#1594940 - 02/14/20 10:46 AM Re: Trojan Arms Manassas [Re: Execprotect]
jims59 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Virginia, USA
City or County: Manassas
When Trojan first opened I went in to look around. This was when ammo was hard to get so what they had, the prices were really jacked up. I bought a pound of powder without asking the price, when I got to the cash register the price was $35 when the regular price at the time was around $20. I have walked in the store a few times since but haven't made another purchase. I live about 5 miles from the store and don't ever buy anything and gun stores are one of my favorite places in the world, that should tell you something.

#1595242 - 02/15/20 05:54 AM Re: Trojan Arms Manassas [Re: FastEddy]
Execprotect Offline
Dialed In

Originally Posted By: FastEddy
I really miss the version of Virginia Arms that Bernie owned and ran. Very good selection and decent prices. Plus Bernie remembered names and had a personality. He was always getting nice consignments in - PPKS, Det Spec, metal SIG’s, you name it. Went back in about three weeks ago & it was beyond depressing. Same old ridiculously over-priced revolvers among a noticeably smaller consignment inventory. I wish them the best but they just don’t seem to be getting any traffic anymore. I will never go back to Trojan.

I agree 100% about Bernie's VA Arms. With him no longer running it, I'm without a local gun shop. I end up driving an hour and a half to Greentop.

Edited by Execprotect (02/15/20 06:09 PM)

#1617552 - 04/05/20 12:55 PM Re: Trojan Arms Manassas [Re: Execprotect]
gater Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Fauquier

#1617668 - 04/05/20 05:26 PM Re: Trojan Arms Manassas [Re: Execprotect]
wildbill Offline
Gun fool

Loc: stafford ,va
City or County: stafford
Check out GFR in fredericksburg the best prices with out driving to DK Firearms

#1818802 - 10/29/21 01:59 PM Re: Trojan Arms Manassas [Re: Execprotect]
Safegun Offline
Addicted

City or County: Springfield
I’ve had one e oweience with Trojan at a gun show and it was good, but likely doesn’t count as they had what I needed on hand and processing was quick

#1818811 - 10/29/21 02:23 PM Re: Trojan Arms Manassas [Re: Execprotect]
trkeshel Offline
Marksman

Loc: VA
City or County: Alexandria
Wouldn’t recommend SSG Tactical; their prices are crazy high.

#1818839 - 10/29/21 03:43 PM Re: Trojan Arms Manassas [Re: Execprotect]
FastEddy Offline
Lost some weight since this pic ;)

City or County: Dumfries AKA Dumpies
Trojan has upped their game in the last few months. I no longer see the biker dude with a ‘tude in there. Usually a young guy working the counter, and a young gal working the register. They have a huge selection and their prices - especially on ammo - are decent; @$19 per 50 for quality 9mm ball. No more attitude in there at all. Before, seems like an older lady owned and ran the place, and had maybe one or two of her sons in there working the counter. Most everything was zip-tied back in those days because they were working the gun show circuit. Not any more.

#1821797 - 11/07/21 10:37 PM Re: Trojan Arms Manassas [Re: Execprotect]
Hood Offline
Marksman

Loc: VA
City or County: Prince William
Trojan is my go to shop. Customer service is great and their prices on new guns beat a lot of what people list used guns on here for. They definitely beat anyone else in the Manassas area in the price department and they always have massive gun inventory. They also have tons of ammo in stock and while it isn’t always bargain basement cheap it is available and fairly priced for the market. On Saturdays they do some good sales, yesterday federal 9mm RTP was $17 a box of 50 which is cheaper than anyone on ammoseek as of this writing.