Who's Online
19 registered (Okin, usafa87, Daltosl, Deeparker703, 01mustanggt, Bkhntr5, JoshM, Revolver Nut, mew, RifleFan, BugMalmberg, AussieHunterVa, 7 invisible), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1514065 - 07/14/19 08:19 PM Selling a lower with a pistol brace and a rifle stock
VicodinES Offline
Marksman

Loc: Aldie, 20105
City or County: Loudoun county
I have an AR lower that I am planning on selling. It was a pistol lower, and I have a magpul rifle stock. I was planning on selling it as one group to simplify things. Several people have pointed out that this may draw the attention of the ATF. I don't know why, but is there anything illegal about this?

#1514281 - 07/15/19 10:26 AM Re: Selling a lower with a pistol brace and a rifle stock [Re: VicodinES]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Loc: Greene
City or County: Greene Co.
IMHO.

Their talking about constructive possession.
No one wants to deal with the legal nonsense.

Get rid of the rifle stock if you have a pistol upper, that isnít on a pistol lower.

Sell them separate, and avoid any confusion.

Trouble, donít start none and theyíll be none!

Law makers that vote for firearm confiscation, draconian laws should have to suit up and breech with units in their district.

#1514413 - 07/15/19 03:00 PM Re: Selling a lower with a pistol brace and a rifle stock [Re: VicodinES]
nvcdl Offline
Full Auto

Loc: ORANGE
City or County: Orange
Nothing illegal about that. Perfectly legal to reconfigure a pistol lower as a rifle. Just can't have short barrel assembled with stock. Also legal to take a never assembled lower that came with a stock and reconfigure as a pistol with a brace.