Who's Online
21 registered (1911noob, DiaDREWbetic, tmygun, elkabong, Aaron95, Davidjledbetter, Blackcloud, ratman, haven5080, 4G3NTian, andybunch, cbrow, Panzerpal, upton75, Com 45acp, 6 invisible), 17 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1514065 - 07/14/19 08:19 PM Selling a lower with a pistol brace and a rifle stock
VicodinES Offline
Marksman

Loc: Aldie, 20105
City or County: Loudoun county
I have an AR lower that I am planning on selling. It was a pistol lower, and I have a magpul rifle stock. I was planning on selling it as one group to simplify things. Several people have pointed out that this may draw the attention of the ATF. I don't know why, but is there anything illegal about this?

#1514281 - 07/15/19 10:26 AM Re: Selling a lower with a pistol brace and a rifle stock [Re: VicodinES]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Loc: Greene
City or County: Stanardsville
IMHO.

Their talking about constructive possession.
No one wants to deal with the legal nonsense.

Get rid of the rifle stock if you have a pistol upper, that isnít on a pistol lower.

Sell them separate, and avoid any confusion.

If you have extra legal requirements I'll pass, buying or selling.

#1514413 - 07/15/19 03:00 PM Re: Selling a lower with a pistol brace and a rifle stock [Re: VicodinES]
nvcdl Offline
Full Auto

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Fairfax
Nothing illegal about that. Perfectly legal to reconfigure a pistol lower as a rifle. Just can't have short barrel assembled with stock. Also legal to take a never assembled lower that came with a stock and reconfigure as a pistol with a brace.