Reposting from another section as this deserves everyone’s attentions:

I am not sure how much everyone has followed the special session called by Gov. "Red" Ralph for gun control. They are now out in the open about their intentions as evidenced in HB4021:

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?192+ful+HB4021+hil

Summary of some of HB4021:
If it is semi-auto and CAPABLE of using a magazine holding more than 10 rounds, it is an "assault weapon"
Anything over ten rounds is "high capacity"
Both above become illegal to possess, same for "silencers" (i.e. suppressors) per the language below.
As of a specified date, they must be surrendered, sold, or destroyed. No grandfathering.

Language directly from the bill - this should frighten everyone on VAguntrader!!!

Any person who legally owns an assault firearm, as defined in 18.2-308.8; large-capacity firearm magazine, as defined in 18.2-308.9; silencer, as defined in 18.2-308.10; or trigger activator, as defined in 18.2-308.11, on November 1, 2019, may retain possession of such assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator until July 1, 2020. During this time period, such person shall (i) render the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator permanently inoperable; (ii) remove the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator from the Commonwealth; (iii) transfer the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator to a person outside the Commonwealth who is not prohibited from possessing the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator; or (iv) surrender the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator to a state or local law-enforcement agency. The provisions of 15.2-915.5 shall not apply to any assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator surrendered to a local law-enforcement agency pursuant to this section.

This bill (HB4021), along with red flag laws, removal of pre-emption, etc are ALL coming back in November when they reconvene (if you did not see the news, both the House and Senate voted to push until after the election). This will make VA look worse than CA, NY, NJ, CT, etc in terms of our 2A rights. It effectively bans everything except 1911's, revolvers, single shot rifles and shotguns (most every semi-automatic weapon available). This and other bills would also turn tens if not hundreds of thousands of law abiding citizens into felons overnight and the criminals certainly are not complying.

HB4021 is just one example, the full list of proposed bills is here: https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?192+lst+ALL

You say, "well that does not effect me, I don't have any of those semi-autos, don't need them!" The answer to that is, your "sniper rifle" (that's what it will be called), your shotgun (too dangerous in civilian hands!) and your revolver (who even needs that when there are police?) are NEXT ON THE MENU.

What can you do???

I encourage everyone here (all 50K+ members) to get active, involved. Tell your friends and family what is coming. Contact your local gun stores, pawn shops, and gun ranges - they stand to be impacted massively if this stuff passes. Join VCDL (https://www.vcdl.org/join-VCDL), donate to the legal fund. Raise it at your town/city/county council meetings, post on Facebook, etc.

Most people I have told had NO idea this stuff was being proposed and were pretty outraged at the idea. The message is simple: THEY ARE COMING FOR OUR GUNS. HB4021 is proof of it.