Who's Online
11 registered (fvfd211, spaatz11, Bcmgunfighter, 83Rabbit, Bpearce312, mkeshields, Shnmar, SteveO, 3 invisible), 14 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1533612 - 09/03/19 02:05 PM Walmart to stop selling "short barrel rifle" and hand gun ammo and open carry
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Loc: VA
City or County: Stafford
Walmart stopped selling ARs and that was not good enough. Now they will stop selling 5.56/.223 ammo and handgun ammunition and no more open carry....it too will soon not be enough.
Walmart stop short barrel rifle and hangun ammo sale nationwide

#1533677 - 09/03/19 03:46 PM Re: Walmart to stop selling "short barrel rifle" and hand gun ammo and open carry [Re: jr45]
toughtom12 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Centreville/Manassas
City or County: Manassas
Haven't bought ammo at Walmart since the days of soviet style ammo lines back in 2013-2014 ammo shortage. I use Palmetto State Armory or TargetSportsUSA and get it shipped to my front door. No need to go to Walmart at all these days, everything you need can be ordered online.

#1533697 - 09/03/19 05:01 PM Re: Walmart to stop selling "short barrel rifle" and hand gun ammo and open carry [Re: jr45]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
pretty much with banning open carry in walmarts they have declared themselves a gun free zone and join the ranks of other gun free zones, total stupidity. And just like that a huge corporation has succumbed to the antigun folks, its falling like dominoes guys

#1533703 - 09/03/19 05:21 PM Re: Walmart to stop selling "short barrel rifle" and hand gun ammo and open carry [Re: jr45]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Email Walmart and let them know your thoughts! I may not spend much on ammunition at Walmart but I sure did spend a lot on other items when I was there. I will go to another store for my none ammunition needs. Let Walmart become the next Dicks as they are already losing out to Amazon. Make no sense why Walmart would take such a risk.

Walmart's contact method below:
https://corporate.walmart.com/store-corporate-feedback

-select company feedback then follow instructions. you will be required to pic a store but email goes to Corp.

#1533709 - 09/03/19 05:27 PM Re: Walmart to stop selling "short barrel rifle" and hand gun ammo and open carry [Re: jr45]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Definitely send Walmart a note about their foolish decision. The only thing to get these Corporations to understand is their bottom line. If you cannot stop going to Walmart, then cut back on the number of visits. Get some of you groceries from another store. Get your gas from another gas station. I’m personally changing my grocery shopping to another store. I will no longer browse their goods while waiting on an oil change. I will have any prescriptions moved to rite aide or CVS. I don’t buy much ammo from Walmart but I do spend a lot there on other things and this will stop. We are the only ones who can make a change.

#1533737 - 09/03/19 06:19 PM Re: Walmart to stop selling "short barrel rifle" and hand gun ammo and open carry [Re: jr45]
FordBoy Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Clarke
City or County: Clarke
The problem is more and more businesses hate the 2A. Its a darn shame. This doesn't seem like a big deal but wait til your local Gun shop goes under and/or Va becomes a restricted state like many where we can't even order ammo online! That's my biggest fear. Yes, Walmart didn't have the best prices nor did they have any ideal carry ammo, but it sure was convenient.

#1533745 - 09/03/19 06:50 PM Re: Walmart to stop selling "short barrel rifle" and hand gun ammo and open carry [Re: jr45]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Let Walmart know your thoughts on this. They stand to lose a lot more than ammo sales and they need to know this. Also, if we all cut back, even a little, the purchases we make at Walmart, they will surely hear us. They stopped selling ARs, then no firearm or ammo sale to anyone under 21, now this! This will not end. These antis will ensure the painful demise of us all if we do nothing. Let these corporations know they stand to lose a lot more money than they planned. No more oil changes at Walmart, no more browsing their isles for purchases after looking at sporting goods, no prescriptions, etc. If you can’t stop going, then cut back! We must take a stand now!

#1533820 - 09/04/19 01:16 AM Re: Walmart to stop selling "short barrel rifle" and hand gun ammo and open carry [Re: jr45]
bustedknee Offline
Curmudgeon

Loc: Southwest Va
City or County: Wythe
It appears to me that Walmart is accepting blame for the Texas shootings and fixing the problem
I think this is great - now the victims can sue deep-pockets Walmart.

And no new laws are necessary.

Quality has been going downhill at Walmart while their prices has been climbing. Let them go.

Edited by bustedknee (09/04/19 12:45 PM)

#1533946 - 09/04/19 02:17 PM Re: Walmart to stop selling "short barrel rifle" and hand gun ammo and open carry [Re: jr45]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Walmart may not care that I cut back my spending with them however; I will let them know why. I don't know who their primary base of customers are but I would assume it included a lot of us. Below is what I emailed to Walmart. I did this on my phone and in a pinch but I'm sure there are others who can articulate much better than me. Please let Walmart know your thoughts regardless if they care or not.

Question Reference # 190903-043177

Subject

Company Feedback and Questions
Response By Email (09/04/2019 01:06 AM)
Hi XXXX ,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concern with us. Be assured that your comments have been documented for our management to review.

Thank you for contacting Walmart where we are always happy to help.

Customer By (09/03/2019 02:20 PM)
Walmart’s decision to stop selling handgun ammunition....
I ask that you reconsider this short sighted reaction. As an avid Walmart shopper, you will lose patrons like myself. Though ammunition and firearms only make up a small portion of what we buy at your stores, Walmart will lose our purchasing power we bring to your stores as these policies will cause us to reduce our visits. Example; I will no longer have a reason to bring my vehicles to Walmart for an oil change or tire servicing. I will no longer roam the isle and make purchases while waiting on my vehicle. I will no longer come to your stores to see if you were having an ammunition sale and then make other purchases while I visited. I will no longer buy clothing, movies, electronics, etc. since there is no reason for me to visit as frequently. Walmart was my and many others like me "go to store" for all of our needs.

With some difficulty, we accepted when Walmart stopped selling ARs and no firearm or ammunition sales to any under 21yrs old. But now, Walmart is bending to more pressure? Your decision to stop selling "short barreled" rifle ammunition and handgun ammunition will soon not be "enough". Even if you decide to stop selling all firearm related items (including toys), you will soon be pressured to stop selling certain magazines, books, videos, fuels, etc.. Once you give into extortion, it will become easier for outside forces to manipulate Walmart. As an alternative to Amazon, please don't follow the path of Dick's sporting goods (which may not stay in business) and don't shun one of your largest spending bases. The lost sale you face will not all be from the lack of ammunition sales.

#1534020 - 09/04/19 05:15 PM Re: Walmart to stop selling "short barrel rifle" and hand gun ammo and open carry [Re: jr45]
Tman Offline
All American Rock and Roll Boy

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Amelia
My 2 cents...All people that own any firearms should BOYCOTT Walmart. I know we all need to save every bit we can in this day and age but this is the only way we will be heard....When Walmart sees the amount of money millions of gun owners spend on all the other products in their stores disappear they will feel it. I myself now refuse to step into a Walmart for anything and I have been posting this on any forum I can. We don't need Walmart!...They need us! BOYCOTT Walmart.

#1534032 - 09/04/19 05:54 PM Re: Walmart to stop selling "short barrel rifle" and hand gun ammo and open carry [Re: jr45]
LaserJock Offline
B * L * U * E

Loc: NoVA 22192
City or County: NoVA 22192

Spread the word. Dont buy from Walmart or Sams club

#1534445 - 09/05/19 07:46 PM Re: Walmart to stop selling "short barrel rifle" and hand gun ammo and open carry [Re: jr45]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
Cvs and Walgreens have climbed onto the anti open carry train now

#1561640 - 11/18/19 01:24 PM Re: Walmart to stop selling "short barrel rifle" and hand gun ammo and open carry [Re: jr45]
P3Bill Offline
VETERAN PEASHOOTER

Loc: Wilderness
City or County: Orange County
I was in my local Wally (Locust Grove) the other day and cruised by the ammo area. They still had handgun ammo but it was marked with the yellow price tags indicating a discontinued item. No sale prices though, just their normal prices.

#1561753 - 11/18/19 05:51 PM Re: Walmart to stop selling "short barrel rifle" and hand gun ammo and open carry [Re: jr45]
Bcmgunfighter Online   content
Not all ARs are created equal...

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Rochelle
The Ruckersville Walmart has almost all ammo on clearance... nothing insanely cheap, but considerably cheaper than the ammo was a couple of months ago. Federal 100 round pack of .223 marked from $40 down to $25. Federal .45 is $.25 cpr and Federal 9mm is $.16 cpr.
DD Lite Rail II 14

MY DO NOT DEAL LIST
smilewhenIshoot - “There is zero evidence of voter fraud”
Manwich23 - supports Chinese/US power grid
JiveBunny
Downhillshot
Alwaystrading
dcarms - ATF CUCK

#1566092 - 12/01/19 12:37 PM Re: Walmart to stop selling "short barrel rifle" and hand gun ammo and open carry [Re: jr45]
Just Joe Offline
1Delta 10Tango A.D.L.

Loc: Mechanicsville
City or County: Hanover
I know I'm late here on the topic and absent from VAGT for a few years(?) but I've used this to my advantage. Buying up clearance ammo in cash so no trace on my CC or debit card.

I will storm the gates of hell.

They see me trollin', They hatin'.
Patrollin' mods tryin' to catch me shoutboxin' dirty.