Who's Online
33 registered (chahn, ar1911col, chri169, Chewbacca, Deadcenter, GreenArrow08, 024, 5478, gysgtreed, Eric Pugh, drinva, morganscala, NWSLLC, OldRookie, JMYoung, CharlieP, Saiga Shooter, Iceman1220, Kwyjibo, scattergun6, gungoboom, RvaTactical, 11 invisible), 12 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1557454 - 11/06/19 04:29 PM And so it begins ...............
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#1557477 - 11/06/19 05:22 PM Re: And so it begins ............... [Re: BobVA]
bustedknee Offline
Curmudgeon

Loc: Southwest Va
City or County: Wythe
Backhoe Service in SW Virginia
1-800-bustedknee

I will bury 'em before I turn 'em in.

Bump stocks are a given.
Magazines are a given.
Red Flag laws are a given.

What about
Private sales?
Ammo restrictions?
Is the governor going to follow California's laws? They seem to work so well.

#1557485 - 11/06/19 05:42 PM Re: And so it begins ............... [Re: bustedknee]
jr45 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: VA
City or County: Stafford
Originally Posted By: bustedknee
Backhoe Service in SW Virginia
1-800-bustedknee

I will bury 'em before I turn 'em in.

Bump stocks are a given.
Magazines are a given.
Red Flag laws are a given.

What about
Private sales?
Ammo restrictions?
Is the governor going to follow California's laws? They seem to work so well.

Bump stocks already banned. What do you mean by "magazines and red flag laws are a given"?

#1557498 - 11/06/19 06:18 PM Re: And so it begins ............... [Re: BobVA]
IrishIII Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Page
I will not bury anything period ,nor should any of you!We still have a Declaration of Independence,the Constitution and,a Bill of Rights. Read one of them sometime and understand these documents and what our Founders gave us. Remember these are our public servents we are not their subjects they work for Us We The People! don’t bow to these tyrants Protest and take to the streets and get in their faces like they tell their subjects to do but maintain composure and professionalism feed them some of their medicine stand up for the values of Virginia and America

#1557507 - 11/06/19 06:40 PM Re: And so it begins ............... [Re: BobVA]
jr45 Offline
Gun fool

I agree with Irishill. Not going to just capitulate on whatever they send us...nor should anyone else! We’ll ensure our voices are heard. These folks are not just after our 2nd amendment rights, but also our after our 1st, 4th, 5th etc. Just disagree with any of them and see how they will mob you and try to destroy your reputation. If we bury our firearms, then we should be burying ourselves.

#1557516 - 11/06/19 07:19 PM Re: And so it begins ............... [Re: jr45]
IrishIII Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Page
100% agreed

#1557560 - 11/06/19 10:03 PM Re: And so it begins ............... [Re: BobVA]
Mark S Offline
General Nuisance

Loc: Fairfax county
City or County: Fairfax
I'm burying or turning in nothing.

#1557595 - 11/07/19 06:11 AM Re: And so it begins ............... [Re: Mark S]
Willee51 Offline
One shot, one kill..

Loc: Bedford County
City or County: Forest, VA
Originally Posted By: Mark S
I'm burying or turning in nothing.

Agree 100% .....MAGA

#1557675 - 11/07/19 09:29 AM Re: And so it begins ............... [Re: BobVA]
jr45 Offline
Gun fool

What's next coach? We need a plan...

#1557688 - 11/07/19 10:07 AM Re: And so it begins ............... [Re: BobVA]
Wojownik Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Northern VA
City or County: Fairfax / Loudoun
Plan? The new Dem majority is going to run roughshod over everyone. Steamroller. We're going to get new laws - the question is how over-the-top the Dems will go. Will we look like MD or even NJ?

If new gun laws truly go over the top (assault weapon ban, especially without grandfathering, etc.) then it becomes a legal battle to the VA Supreme Court, and Federal courts.

Plan to invest a little of your money into VCDL, GOA and NRA memberships. The legal battles will likely be fought with the support of (or even led by) one of more of those organizations. Seriously, if you are not already a member, set aside $90 a year to join all three. That's the cost of a few Big Mac meals we should all be giving up anyway lol.

Plan to get politically active. To many people sat on the sidelines this past election, which handed things to the Dems. Contact your county Republican party committee - ask them to volunteer to get out the vote next time. If we're lucky, the progressives will go too far, opening up an opportunity for pro-2A candidates to take back some seats in the legislature.

Seriously - if your "plan" is simply that "I'm not gonna comply" - that does nothing for the cause. It does nothing for the future.

The plan needs to be all of us getting active. It will take a little money. It will take a little of your spare time. But if you (and I) don't invest the effort, we deserve what we get.

Edited by Wojownik (11/07/19 10:09 AM)

#1557702 - 11/07/19 10:49 AM Re: And so it begins ............... [Re: BobVA]
jr45 Offline
Gun fool

Sounds like a reasonable start. These groups will need our support as much as we need them. I would like to hear from them.

#1557717 - 11/07/19 11:41 AM Re: And so it begins ............... [Re: BobVA]
JustOneMore754 Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Merrifield
Wojownik makes some great points. If we are fortunate this will be a battle fought in courtrooms and being visible/politically active is a critical aspect of fighting gun control at that level, squeaky wheel gets the grease and all. Despite moving to Virginia almost for the gun laws, I never made time for lobby day or any other “politics stuff” in the past because I took it for granted others would speak out for me and protect my rights, but after witnessing first hand small turnout at the 2A Rally last weekend in DC you can be damn sure I’ll be at lobby day this year.

I’m willing to admit I was part of the problem through inaction and change my behavior. How many of you will be willing to represent what you believe in at every opportunity before non-compliance makes you a felon?

I can always be tempted by:
- SPAS-12 with a folding stock.
- Shooter grade Luger
- Schofield reproduction
- S&W 586 with a 4” barrel
- Almost any gun under $300

#1557719 - 11/07/19 11:52 AM Re: And so it begins ............... [Re: JustOneMore754]
jr45 Offline
Gun fool

Originally Posted By: JustOneMore754
Wojownik makes some great points. If we are fortunate this will be a battle fought in courtrooms and being visible/politically active is a critical aspect of fighting gun control at that level, squeaky wheel gets the grease and all. Despite moving to Virginia almost for the gun laws, I never made time for lobby day or any other “politics stuff” in the past because I took it for granted others would speak out for me and protect my rights, but after witnessing first hand small turnout at the 2A Rally last weekend in DC you can be damn sure I’ll be at lobby day this year.

I’m willing to admit I was part of the problem through inaction and change my behavior. How many of you will be willing to represent what you believe in at every opportunity before non-compliance makes you a felon?

Very well said. Unlike the left, who can muster many to their rallies (maybe they don't have day jobs?), we need to do much better than we have in the past. I too am guilty of not attending lobby day but will take time off of work to start attending some of these events.

#1557739 - 11/07/19 12:22 PM Re: And so it begins ............... [Re: Wojownik]
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William
Originally Posted By: Wojownik

Plan to invest a little of your money into VCDL, GOA and NRA memberships.

From what I have read, the NRA did very little to stop this debacle. Blumberg spent over $1.5 mil and the NRA .... $300 K.

Despite being headquartered in this State, they obviously are not willing to step up to help it much despite all the letters they send out soliciting money from us.

VCDL on the other hand is VERY active in the States politics.

JMHO

Edited by BobVA (11/07/19 12:24 PM)

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#1557759 - 11/07/19 01:49 PM Re: And so it begins ............... [Re: BobVA]
jr45 Offline
Gun fool

It is unfortunate that the NRA provided limited monetary support, maybe they can explain why? In the meantime, we should be working with all of them moving forward. I'm interested in hearing from them all on their thoughts/suggestions.

#1557773 - 11/07/19 02:42 PM Re: And so it begins ............... [Re: jr45]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: virginia
City or County: fredericksburg
Originally Posted By: jr45
It is unfortunate that the NRA provided limited monetary support, maybe they can explain why? In the meantime, we should be working with all of them moving forward. I'm interested in hearing from them all on their thoughts/suggestions.

And this is why im not a member

#1557792 - 11/07/19 03:23 PM Re: And so it begins ............... [Re: imaduckin]
jr45 Offline
Gun fool

We are going to need all the help we can get. Be it from VCDL, GOA, and the NRA. Any suggestions on other organizations that can help?

#1557857 - 11/07/19 06:14 PM Re: And so it begins ............... [Re: jr45]
jr45 Offline
Gun fool

I wanted to share this post from another member. If correct, how could anyone remain idle? This is actually sickening to read.

Originally Posted By: jtdpowhatan
See below for ONE example (there are UBC's, red flag laws and lots of other garbage). In a nutshell, anything semi-auto that is capable of a 10+ round magazine is an "assault firearm" and you can destroy it, surrender it, or sell it out of state or become a felon. Same for suppressors, magazines >10 rounds, etc. Basically all AR15's (rifle or pistol), all semi-auto pistols. Revolvers and single-shot shotguns and "sniper rifles" are all that would be legal. THOSE ARE NEXT - just wait until someone uses a revolver in a shooting...time to rally the troops. Contact your Sheriff, your local board of supervisors, your friends, your neighbors and be ready to stand up and fight.

list from July (special session): https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?192+lst+ALL

The "ban everything" bill with ~25 co-sponsors, all Democrats: https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?192+sum+HB4021

Expands the definition of "assault firearm" and prohibits any person from importing, selling, transferring, manufacturing, purchasing, possessing, or transporting an assault firearm. A violation is a Class 6 felony. The bill prohibits a dealer from selling, renting, trading, or transferring from his inventory an assault firearm to any person. The bill also prohibits a person from carrying a shotgun with a magazine that will hold more than seven rounds of the longest ammunition for which it is chambered in a public place; under existing law, this prohibition applies only in certain localities. The bill makes it a Class 6 felony to import, sell, transfer, manufacture, purchase, possess, or transport large-capacity firearm magazines, silencers, and trigger activators, all defined in the bill. Any person who legally owns an assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator on November 1, 2019, may retain possession until July 1, 2020.

During that time, such person shall (i) render the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator inoperable; (ii) remove the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator from the Commonwealth; (iii) transfer the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator to a person outside the Commonwealth who is not prohibited from possessing it; or (iv) surrender the assault firearm, large-capacity firearm magazine, silencer, or trigger activator to a state or local law-enforcement agency. The bill establishes an appropriation for the fiscal impact of the bill and authorizes the Director of the Department of Planning and Budget to allocate such appropriation among the agencies and programs impacted by the bill.

"Assault firearm" means:

1. A semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;

2. A semi-automatic center-fire rifle that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has one of the following characteristics: (i) a folding or telescoping stock; (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the rifle; (iii) a thumbhole stock; (iv) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand; (v) a bayonet mount; (vi) a grenade launcher; (vii) a flare launcher; (viii) a silencer; (ix) a flash suppressor; (x) a muzzle brake; (xi) a muzzle compensator; (xii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting (a) a silencer, (b) a flash suppressor, (c) a muzzle brake, or (d) a muzzle compensator; or (xiii) any characteristic of like kind as enumerated in clauses (i) through (xii);

3. A semi-automatic center-fire pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material with a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 10 rounds;

#1557858 - 11/07/19 06:30 PM Re: And so it begins ............... [Re: BobVA]
ak66 Offline
Full Auto

In my opinion national GOP and NRA gave up on VA long time ago. Still need any help can get and I agree need to do more to fight for 2A now. At the same time, the reality has to set in that Dems will pass a gun control legislation no matter what. Even if in the next election cycle, GOP can somehow take control back, I doubt it will achieve "trifecta" - meaning reversal will be impossible. So the question is what strategy to adopt on the upcoming laws in the next year, until, hopefully, some pro-gun can get into state's legislative or executive branches to block further gun control actions. Simply saying blank "no" to everything Dems propose is losing an opportunity to be part of the process. At the same time, not standing for what is granted by the Constitution leads to the path of more gun control down the road.

For me personally, the biggest issues are technical limitations and registration.

I waited more than 6 mo. for my SBRs and suppressors, not counting all the money invested, to simply give them up. I also came to this great and free nation from a former Soviet Union country so I know what registration of gun owners is - dictatorship hiding under the veil of "greater public good"! Hell no!

Edited by ak66 (11/07/19 06:33 PM)

#1557859 - 11/07/19 06:34 PM Re: And so it begins ............... [Re: BobVA]
gobroncos Offline
Big and Dumb

Loc: Roanoke, VA
City or County: Roanoke
Originally Posted By: BobVA

From what I have read, the NRA did very little to stop this debacle. Blumberg spent over $1.5 mil and the NRA .... $300 K.

Despite being headquartered in this State, they obviously are not willing to step up to help it much despite all the letters they send out soliciting money from us.

JMHO

According to CNBC article : https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/06/mike-blo...n-virginia.html

Bloomberg's group (Everytown for Gun Safety) dropped $2.5 million and NRA spent $300k .... statewide ..... REALLY??? doh
Hell, if Everytown gets their way the NRA Museum might as well add a new wing, Guns that used to be perfectly legal in Virginia. The money they saved by not spending in elections can help fund the new wing.

Everybody knows, gotta spend money to get politicians to do anything. It's all about the re-election campaign.

I'm in agreement with BobVA. VCDL is a better place for my support money to go.

#1557863 - 11/07/19 06:40 PM Re: And so it begins ............... [Re: gobroncos]
jr45 Offline
Gun fool

I just donated to VCDL and can be done online if you like.
VCDL Join

#1557865 - 11/07/19 06:48 PM Re: And so it begins ............... [Re: gobroncos]
Wojownik Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Northern VA
City or County: Fairfax / Loudoun
The problem I have with the NRA bashing here is that ... it really sounds like you guys are expecting someone else to carry your water.

NRA's overall political spending has dropped significantly this election cycle. Like slashed in half or more. They are claiming major budget issues (and I'll concede mismanagement has to do with a lot of that). But still, with all the going on, they put $300k into the election.

The problem is not the NRA. The problem is this massive conspiracy between Bloomberg-Everytown-MDA and the Democratic Party. It's a giant wink-and-a-nod fraud. Millions of dollars of dark money flooded into the state.

And it's not just Bloomberg. Pro-immigration groups and other liberal interest poured many more millions in to support their cause (which really - wink and a nod - means supporting Democrat candidates). Bloombergs resources were spent there as well. As well as Soros. And let's not forget the social media support for all of the above.

Don't kid yourself - the battle to take back Virginia is going to be tough, and a massive national network is against us. If you think the NRA was going to keep back the blue flood in November, you were kidding yourself. If you think the NRA is going to be pivotal in reversing this abominable loss next election, you are also kidding yourself.

It's up to you - each and every one of you. Yes, via VCDL and other groups, but also on your own. DRAG like minded folks to the election booth next time. Get out the vote. Rally.

And don't be short sighted - It will take the combined efforts of NRA-ILA, GOA, SAF and others to litigate against what will be coming next.

#1558111 - 11/08/19 01:34 PM Re: And so it begins ............... [Re: BobVA]
scott9050 Offline
Double barrel

Loc: West Virginia
City or County: West Virginia
Originally Posted By: BobVA

A lot of people pulled out of the NRA when they were infighting. That took money and resources that could have prevented this from happening.
It took McAuliffe letting 205,000 felons vote, an Obama judge gerrymandering 6 Republican districts and record outside cash to achieve. The governors 8 step plan is just for openers, they are going to ban open carry, make permitting for concealed carry look like D.C. and turn Virginia into a giant cesspool. They don't plan on letting power go again and will pull every dirty trick in teh book to hold onto power.

#1558123 - 11/08/19 02:15 PM Re: And so it begins ............... [Re: BobVA]
nvcdl Offline
Full Auto

Loc: ORANGE
City or County: Orange
The NRA has never spent much money in VA. I started NVCDL/VCDL becuase I could see they were highly ineffective at the grassroots level. I haven't contributed to ILA for years as I could see a lot of money is wasted on new suits & big salaries for insiders.

In fairness they seem to be doing more at the grassroots in VA this year. The efforts to refom the group should keep them from pushing any more of their sell-outs like the Brady Bill.

#1558362 - 11/09/19 07:31 AM Re: And so it begins ............... [Re: nvcdl]
jr45 Offline
Gun fool

VCDL has posted their election assessment (link below). They are having a Lobby Day on 20 January 2020. We all need to attend this even if we need to take time off from work. I did not attend in the past as I believed I could not afford to take time off...I see now that was a mistake. Everyone, please attend!

Election assessment

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >