Who's Online
4 registered (outlawstar76, Chandos, 2 invisible), 2 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1558982 - 11/10/19 08:31 PM Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA
Texasflyboy Offline
Marksman

Loc: Falls Church, Va
City or County: Falls Church
You get one choice out of two.

Yes = Confiscation will happen in Virginia during Northam's tenure as Governor.

No = Confiscation will *NOT* happen in Virginia during Northam's tenure as Governor.

My vote is "No."

Cast your vote in this thread. Take a position and make your stand. Let's see who is right.

#1558983 - 11/10/19 08:32 PM Re: Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA [Re: Texasflyboy]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Loc: Greene
City or County: Greene Co.
No!

It takes courage be free, that’s what being an American is all about!

You can stuff your extra legal requirements.

#1558984 - 11/10/19 08:35 PM Re: Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA [Re: Texasflyboy]
jason12574 Offline
Just Jason

Loc: chesterfield va
City or County: chester
No.

Edited by jason12574 (11/11/19 12:25 AM)

#1558986 - 11/10/19 08:35 PM Re: Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA [Re: Texasflyboy]
Borsig Offline
Marksman

Loc: Gloucester
City or County: Gloucester
No confiscation.

Felony to retain possession of magazine over 10 rounds, felony to maintain possession of newly defined "assault weapon" as outlined by HB4021 (or whatever bill they pass).

So felon in hiding? Yes. Confiscation en masse? Not possible.

HK USP Compact 357SIG
HK45 full size
Zenith Z-43P
Polish AKM / Polish AKM Kit

#1558987 - 11/10/19 08:36 PM Re: Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA [Re: Texasflyboy]
Abeygunz Offline
Have gun will travel

Loc: Hampton roads
City or County: Newport News
No!

#1559011 - 11/10/19 09:23 PM Re: Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA [Re: Texasflyboy]
toughtom12 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Centreville/Manassas
City or County: Manassas
No. Red Flag Laws will pass, and a Ban of Private Sales will Pass. Probably a ban on Standard Capacity Magazines and AR's, but a Grandfather Provision for weapons and mags that were bought prior to the Ban. If they Anti's get too ambitious it will backfire, they are going to go for what they think has a high chance of passing and standing.

#1559017 - 11/10/19 09:46 PM Re: Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA [Re: Texasflyboy]
Sfach Offline
Positive, approachable and accomodating, Thats Me!

Loc: Stafford, VA
City or County: N Stafford
I vote NO....I cannot see a full on Confiscation event occurring in the Continental U.S. in my lifetime..
Its just not how we do things...
I can see a full on BAN for Semi Automatics and I think that Private sales will be regulated.
I imagine Red Flag Swatting rampage going on though and its creepy. Just last week on STAFFORD TALKS FB FOrumn some folks were joking about evicting homeless squatters off of private land and some Libtard commented that they shoud have their firearms confiscated...(RED FLAGGED)...firearms werent even mentioned. Its the libtarded GO TO for stopping anything that could be considered as a violent act. DISARM people...SMH..

Edited by Sfach (11/10/19 09:47 PM)
RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHATS BEYOND IT

#1559023 - 11/10/19 09:55 PM Re: Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA [Re: Texasflyboy]
jr45 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: VA
City or County: Stafford
I would vote yes. If there is some sort or grandfathering, it will not last long until another incident occurs and now it’s time to turn them in...sooner or later they must be surrendered.

#1559026 - 11/10/19 10:19 PM Re: Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA [Re: Texasflyboy]
chank3 Offline
Single barrel

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Falls Church
No

#1559033 - 11/10/19 10:50 PM Re: Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA [Re: Texasflyboy]
cvilleshooter Offline
eurowrench

Loc: centreville
City or County: centreville
No .

I am very sad to see the state that I was born in and lived in for over 48 years come to this. I have traveled and been proud to talk about where I was from . Now I have to plan on where to move to.

#1559170 - 11/11/19 12:03 PM Re: Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA [Re: Texasflyboy]
Wojownik Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Northern VA
City or County: Fairfax / Loudoun
No, "confiscation" will not happen. The left seems hell-bent on making Virginia some kind of test case, as if to tweak the NRA's nose. They are in an irrational fury, and a small core of vocal Democrat politicians seem to want to push the most extreme form of gun control legislation to "make an example"

But, even in their frenzied state, cooler heads and more seasoned politicians will realize the enormous political blowback that an actual confiscation scheme will have across the state. No state in the country has enacted a confiscation scheme, outside of red-flag orders. The Virginia Supreme Court would likely throw up all over such a law.

An AWB is likely, with grandfathering in some form. Magazine capacity limits are another problem area for all of us.

But not confiscation.

Do not give up. Do NOT fall into the delusion that you can make this go away by moving somewhere else. If they prevail, and do this in VA, they will simply move their strategy to NC ... to TN ... to KY ... to OH ... and on and on.

They are no longer playing the national chessboard. They are pushing their efforts at the state and local level. Out of state interests (Bloomberg) pushed MILLIONS of dollars of dark money to influence the election, via Everytown, Moms against Guns, and even environmental groups.

Do not give up. But we CANNOT tolerate this level of political influence anymore. Bloomberg and the Democrats have corrupted the political system, their allies in social media and marketing have distorted the information marketplace, their cronies and useful fools in local newspapers and local TV channels are just as complicit.

This was not an election. It was an engineered coup d'etat from outside the state. Instead of talking about moving, every one of us needs to double down (triple down!) our committment to VCDL (join them if you have not already. We need to press the NRA to get their butts back into the game - this is their HOME state for pete's sake! Other state gun groups need to stand up and support us in Virginia - because what happened here will assuredly happen in their states very soon.

Not that I feel strongly about this, or anything ;^p

#1559379 - 11/11/19 09:16 PM Re: Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA [Re: Texasflyboy]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Woodbridge/Stafford/Gloucester...
City or County: Prince William, Stafford & Gloucester monthly.
No, on confiscation (during Coonman's tenure)

Yes, on having legal sex with a 4H goat at the State Fair.

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#1559393 - 11/11/19 10:10 PM Re: Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA [Re: Texasflyboy]
FastEddy Offline
Not a Picture of Me, OK!

City or County: Quantico
“No“ on confiscation. Take a look up north at the Communist state of Maryland. They have no provision in their constitution for right to keep and bear arms. But, 30-rd magazines have not been banned, and individuals can bring them legally into the state. That said, I do not think they can be sold in stores or ordered online. VA has the right to keep and bear arms in the state constitution – that’s one thing to make it more difficult for Ralphy. Second thing is the “common use“ concept in the law that has allowed a federal judge to issue an injunction against California trying to ban hi-cap mags. Red Flag, yes; and future “AW” sales, probably yes. I think Ralphy has been running his pie hole on overdrive to convince Little Nap Bloomberg that he didn’t waste his money. Just my .02 ...

#1559445 - 11/12/19 06:05 AM Re: Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA [Re: Texasflyboy]
the cwa Offline
MODERATLY MONITORING MODERATOR

City or County: Prince George,23842

If you were a hotdog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

HEY, we all know that the moon is not made of green cheese. but what if it was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it then?

#1559447 - 11/12/19 06:22 AM Re: Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA [Re: Texasflyboy]
dustydog Offline
drooling old single shot fanatic

Loc: Chester
City or County: Chester
NEUTRAL

Going to be a huge amount of hand wringing/chest thumping/ shouting from both sides,and in the end there will be NO RESOLUTION OF ISSUES. NEITHER SIDE WANTS A REAL RESOLUTION,IT'S TOO GOOD A SHOUTING POINT.

Ever get the feeling you are being played?

Don't blame me if you find your life wanting,it takes sand to bet it all on one card.

Waiting for snow to cover my tracks.

#1559578 - 11/12/19 11:47 AM Re: Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA [Re: dustydog]
Mark S Offline
General Nuisance

Loc: Fairfax county
City or County: Fairfax
Originally Posted By: dustydog
NEUTRAL

Going to be a huge amount of hand wringing/chest thumping/ shouting from both sides,and in the end there will be NO RESOLUTION OF ISSUES. NEITHER SIDE WANTS A REAL RESOLUTION,IT'S TOO GOOD A SHOUTING POINT.

and, money-raising point.

#1559631 - 11/12/19 02:23 PM Re: Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA [Re: dustydog]
jr45 Offline
Gun fool

NEUTRAL

I would not bet the farm on it. Many of the extremist that won will want their pound of flesh and with a trifecta in their control, there is not much to stop them.

#1559743 - 11/12/19 07:10 PM Re: Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA [Re: Cash is King]
Jpfreek19 Offline
Single barrel

City or County: St stephens church
Originally Posted By: Cash is King
No, on confiscation (during Coonman's tenure)

Yes, on having legal sex with a 4H goat at the State Fair.

Bahahahahaha

#1559748 - 11/12/19 07:25 PM Re: Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA [Re: dustydog]
Wojownik Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Northern VA
City or County: Fairfax / Loudoun
respectfully ... get real. The Dems take office in January. Fair bet that they can (and will) ram through a bundle of gun legislation within short months after that.

It remains to be seen whether there are still moderate voices within the VA Democrat party that can temper the more extremist proposals coming from Northam, and several of the VA lawmakers that Bloomberg was explicitly backing.

NEUTRAL

#1559886 - 11/13/19 08:58 AM Re: Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA [Re: Texasflyboy]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Woodbridge/Stafford/Gloucester...
City or County: Prince William, Stafford & Gloucester monthly.
Playbook 101 on changing America and Virginia...

1) Say something stupid

2) Get everybody infighting about it

3) Bring in witnesses

4) Advance the stupidity

Fun video to lighten the mood (AM wood is never bad)

Miller Lite Commercial

BTW, Miller Lite is NEITHER

---------------------------

I was not kidding about Coonman and sheep... He will push an agenda to give animals human right... it will start simple with cruelty to dogs and cats... then bears and tigers at the zoo will be protected... then "can't hunt because you are taking a life... tantamount to murder.". Someone will push to legally marry a sheep shortly there after. The entire LGBTQXYZ movement is predicated on the use of Playbook 101...

Just because I see this future, does not mean I will not fight it, but WOW is it going to be rough.

What I am still having a hard time digesting is how 60%-70% of the average citizens I pass on the highway... or shop beside at the grocery store... consider what we have here in Virginia to be FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG. I just can't wrap my head around that... I just can't... who is this majority that hates these jobs and this prosperity?

https://townhall.com/columnists/scottmorefield/2019/11/11/the-sad-sad-state-of-virginia-n2556250

Edited by Cash is King (11/13/19 09:05 AM)
Edit Reason: Video link

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#1560151 - 11/14/19 07:54 AM Re: Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA [Re: Cash is King]
jr45 Offline
Gun fool

Quote:
Just because I see this future, does not mean I will not fight it, but WOW is it going to be rough.

Agree!!!

#1560179 - 11/14/19 09:09 AM Re: Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA [Re: Texasflyboy]
Va Hunter Offline
Addicted

Loc: Drakes Branch
City or County: Charlotte
The way I see it, I will give Northam my guns to stop gun violence as soon as he cuts off his penis to help prevent rape.

#1560220 - 11/14/19 11:19 AM Re: Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA [Re: Va Hunter]
FrostyEOD Offline
It's got electrolytes.

Loc: North of the wall
City or County: Fairfax
Originally Posted By: Va Hunter
The way I see it, I will give Northam my guns to stop gun violence as soon as he cuts off his penis to help prevent rape.

No, Justin Fairfax is the rapist, Northam is the racist.

#1560237 - 11/14/19 12:09 PM Re: Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA [Re: jr45]
Willee51 Offline
One shot, one kill..

Loc: Bedford County
City or County: Forest, VA
Originally Posted By: jr45

NEUTRAL

I would not bet the farm on it. Many of the extremist that won will want their pound of flesh and with a trifecta in their control, there is not much to stop them.

---------
I agree with jr45 completely! So my answer: YES

Oh, an there is another School Shooting in CA (no less)!! Here we go again!!

#1560302 - 11/14/19 04:33 PM Re: Pick your side: Yes or No for Confiscation in VA [Re: Texasflyboy]
mstem Offline
curmudgeon

City or County: Mecklenburg Co, Clarksville
No. But I'm pretty sure there will be red flag law, mag limits, one gun a month & no private sales. This is just the beginning then it will get really bad for us! We will become the new Maryland. If I weren't so old I'd move to Alaska, Wyoming, Montana or Idaho. For 65 years I have been proud to be from Virginia. Now, sorry to say, I'm embarrassed to be from the Peoples Republic of Virginia. Oh, and the statues of our Confederate hero's will be gone sooner rather than later!!!!

Edited by mstem (11/14/19 04:45 PM)

Liberals are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down stairs.

NRA Life Member

VCDL Member

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >