Who's Online
16 registered (90lxracer, mtn99, foxhound21, trader-randy, Arstar96, Lovemyglock88, granbycomet, SmellsFishy, Btm45, ian86, sixshot, joec, deaner20, Denzel, 2 invisible), 45 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1560152 - 11/14/19 08:06 AM Darwinism
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Woodbridge/Stafford/Gloucester...
City or County: Prince William, Stafford & Gloucester monthly.

Edited by Cash is King (11/14/19 08:09 AM)
Edit Reason: Video link

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#1560160 - 11/14/19 08:27 AM Re: Darwinism [Re: Cash is King]
Colonfree Offline
Redacted

Loc: Hampton Roads
City or County: Hampton Roads
praise jeebus and smuggle chameleons.

#1560173 - 11/14/19 08:53 AM Re: Darwinism [Re: Cash is King]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

If I could find any specific constant more useful than the word of of God... I would use that constant... but alas, all science eventually fails.

#1560216 - 11/14/19 11:08 AM Re: Darwinism [Re: Cash is King]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: virginia
City or County: fredericksburg

#1560399 - 11/14/19 08:27 PM Re: Darwinism [Re: Cash is King]
toughtom12 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Centreville/Manassas
City or County: Manassas
People who believe in "Evolution" are the same people who believe the world is round and that the Earth is more than 6000 years old. Crazy Weirdos!

#1560540 - 11/15/19 09:50 AM Re: Darwinism [Re: Cash is King]
FastEddy Offline
Not a Picture of Me, OK!

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Quantico
People who believe in “Evolution” given the incredible complexity of just a single human cell are absolute geniuses. Human DNA has something like 3 billion base pairs in it – that could happen just overnight in an evolving world ... wink Kinda something like a 747 being formed by a tornado passing through a junkyard! Not gonna happen – even in a trillion trillion tornadoes.

#1560819 - 11/16/19 06:44 AM Re: Darwinism [Re: Cash is King]
dustydog Offline
drooling old single shot fanatic

Loc: Chester
City or County: Chester
Wish you all success in showing PROOF in this particular question.

Don't blame me if you find your life wanting,it takes sand to bet it all on one card.

Waiting for snow to cover my tracks.

#1561205 - 11/17/19 09:55 AM Re: Darwinism [Re: dustydog]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Originally Posted By: dustydog
Wish you all success in showing PROOF in this particular question.

You are living proof Dusty...

If Darwin was right... you would be long dead.

You only remain because on the Grace of God.

...and because God does have a phenominal sense of humor.

#1561233 - 11/17/19 11:27 AM Re: Darwinism [Re: Cash is King]
dustydog Offline

You disappoint,cash. I was hoping that you might have an answer to one of the great questions that has bedeviled human thought since the beginning of human thought.

try again,please.

Don't blame me if you find your life wanting,it takes sand to bet it all on one card.

#1561412 - 11/17/19 07:09 PM Re: Darwinism [Re: Cash is King]
dustydog Offline

...patiently awaiting your dulcet words of enlightenment, cash.....

#1561419 - 11/17/19 07:48 PM Re: Darwinism [Re: Cash is King]
toughtom12 Offline
Gun fool

The truth is that no one knows anything for certain. I just find scientists explanation on the origin of species to have some basis in logic and reason. The 10's of thousands of religions have rather silly explanations for just about everything. And most scientists will gladly admit that they are wrong when new contradictory evidence is presented. What religions ever admit to being wrong when confronted with contradictory evidence?

#1561429 - 11/17/19 08:10 PM Re: Darwinism [Re: Cash is King]
dustydog Offline

Agree,tom,but let's let this play out.I want to see what is driving cash,and nothing else will do but to play his game.

EDIT: by the way,do you suppose there is some symbolism/ unaddressed issue with the whole Leonard Smalls icon from the movie "Raising Arizona" that he's using?As I recall,Smalls came to a bad end.

Edited by dustydog (11/17/19 08:14 PM)

#1561544 - 11/18/19 08:52 AM Re: Darwinism [Re: Cash is King]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

To Quote Dusty:

1) Love of God

2) Love of Guns

3) Love of Country

Can I also get your opinion on Apple pie and puppies sometime?

...and you don't me to converse with.

Buy a pet rock... it will match your wit and be far less harsh.

#1561712 - 11/18/19 03:42 PM Re: Darwinism [Re: Cash is King]
a_s Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Richmond
City or County: Richmond
If the question is evolution vs deity, maybe the question is wrong. One does not guarantee nor negate the existence of the other. It would be similar to debating the automatic transmission shifting gears itself as evidence that there is no driver.

The idea of survival of the fittest has led to many a person embracing the idea of eugenics. The moment that divinity is removed from the human, what makes us all that different from cows and then what is wrong with culling the herd? It is after all, survival of the fittest.

One cannot deny that religion has been used as a tool of control and one cannot deny that science has been used as a tool of control (climate change and population control is eugenics rearing its ugly head again). People who seek power will always use whatever they can to divide. Religion, class, income, skin color, ideology... all tools of division. This doesn't negate the presence of a Supreme being in control of the universe. It only shows the subtleness/evilness/vileness of those who would use His existence for their own personal gains. I am quite sure that there is a special place prepared for such persons.

Using the sins of others to justify your choices is hardly worthwhile endeavor, but it sure is easy.

#1561724 - 11/18/19 04:16 PM Re: Darwinism [Re: Cash is King]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Believe what you must, as for me my faith is in god

#1561787 - 11/18/19 07:01 PM Re: Darwinism [Re: Cash is King]
dustydog Offline

Originally Posted By: Cash is King
To Quote Dusty:

1) Love of God

2) Love of Guns

3) Love of Country

Can I also get your opinion on Apple pie and puppies sometime?

...and you don't me to converse with.

Buy a pet rock... it will match your wit and be far less harsh.

No need for the pet rock,cash;I have you.

Since you seem intent on denigrating other opinions,and are indeed a biblical scholar of some note,care to actually debate the subject with an agnostic(me)?If you have the courage,we'll confine ourselves to the standard King James Red Letter version.You know that one quite well,don't you? It's the one that the actual teachings of Jesus are in RED LETTERS.

Care to give it a go,or will you retreat into soundbites and memes as usual? I don't expect to change minds,but maybe give others something to think about.

#1561790 - 11/18/19 07:09 PM Re: Darwinism [Re: Cash is King]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Your turn cash

#1561887 - 11/19/19 12:37 AM Re: Darwinism [Re: dustydog]
Ledchunkr Offline
Just a 'nuther grunt

Loc: just south of Richmond,VA
City or County: tri cities

Attachments
tenor.gif

Prepping is good, but prepping without Jesus is like drilling holes in the boat. Acts 2:37-38/Proverbs 1:24-33
-----------

www.alt-market.com/

#1562083 - 11/19/19 04:36 PM Re: Darwinism [Re: Cash is King]
dustydog Offline

Hey cash,you win.

#1562120 - 11/19/19 06:54 PM Re: Darwinism [Re: imaduckin]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Originally Posted By: imaduckin
Your turn cash

Duck... I don't respond to Dusty much anymore... he has an infantile obsession with needing someone to play with...

I would suggest he take a blue pill and just play with himself, but that would egg on his OCD need for attention (positive/negative... doesn't matter)... aka Histrionic personality disorder (HPD). Basic Psych 101 stuff.

Agnostics are just atheists without balls... anyway

As for my Faith, it is 100% between me and my God... as should yours be. As well as all men.

#1562141 - 11/19/19 08:05 PM Re: Darwinism [Re: Cash is King]
toughtom12 Offline
Gun fool

"Agnostics are just atheists without balls." Agnostic and Atheist are the answers to 2 different questions. Is there a god or gods? Saying I don't know means you are agnostic. If someone asks (Do you believe in a god?) That is where the Atheist answer occurs. It's not having a specific belief in a theology that makes one an atheist. Everyone on the planet is an atheist to every single religion/god besides their own. I personally describe myself as an agnostic atheist, because I don't claim to know the answer with any certainty. I don't know if any gods exist, and I also don't have a belief in any of the gods I've learned about.

#1562166 - 11/19/19 08:49 PM Re: Darwinism [Re: Cash is King]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Guys it dont matter who you worship, the whole point is to have faith, trusting to a preachers words or whatever doesnt make you a believer, faith is the key. Have undying faith

#1562337 - 11/20/19 10:31 AM Re: Darwinism [Re: Cash is King]
a_s Offline
Gun fool

Is there a God?
Atheist - No, there is no God
Agnostic - I don't know if there is a God

Do you believe in God
Atheist - No, there is no God to believe in
Agnostic - I don't know if there is a God

That is the difference and there is no other difference. An agnostic is either an atheist as Cash describes, someone who believes in God, but lacks balls, or someone who just doesn't know and probably doesn't care to know. I would guess out of agnostics it is probably a 25/70/5 mix of those types.

An atheist says that there is no God of any type. That is their belief system, their religion so to speak. The atheist requires someone to prove the existence of God while denying that they need to prove the non-existence of said being. They are quite incorrect in that position but maintain it because they cannot disprove and they know it.

Belief in a theology doesn't make you atheist to another's theology. It makes you an infidel or gentile or whatever other term they use for 'non-believer'.

#1562409 - 11/20/19 02:16 PM Re: Darwinism [Re: Cash is King]
toughtom12 Offline
Gun fool

"An atheist says that there is no god of any type. That is their religion so to speak." The truth is that atheism is just the lack of belief, there is nothing active about it. Atheism is a religion in the same way that not collecting stamps is a hobby. And if you believe only in the Christian god then you are still an atheist toward many religions (maybe not Judaism or Islam) because you are Absent their Thesim = "A" Theism. If you don't believe in the teachings of Norse Paganism, then you have an atheist view toward Thor, Odin, and Loki.

#1562496 - 11/20/19 06:20 PM Re: Darwinism [Re: Cash is King]
a_s Offline
Gun fool

A - without or not, gnostic - knowledge.

A - without or not, theos - God, ism - action or practice, state or condition, principles, doctrines, a usage or characteristic, devotion or adherence

ergo - doctrines, principles, devotion to the idea that God does not exist.

That is how words work. And since it is a system of belief that there is, in fact, no God, the onus does, in fact, fall to the atheist, despite his best attempts to avoid it because he knows that he cannot prove his position and falsely clings to a weak argument of not having proof to change his mind.

There is no such thing as an atheistic view toward a specific religion. There is disbelief in the belief system of another while maintaining that there is a God. Atheism is the lack of belief in any God whatsoever, or rather the active disbelief in any God whatsoever. Since there is belief in God, there is no atheism. That is right up there relative truth. There is no such thing as relative truth. There is truth and there is opinion, there is belief. That is it. There is no true for you or true for me. Belief or opinion don't make anything more or less true. Truth is independent of ones belief in it's truthfulness. No one has been able to fly by disbelieving gravity.

Edited by a_s (11/20/19 06:38 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >