Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1568028 - 12/06/19 02:10 PM Re: Here is senate bill no. 16, prefiled 11/18/19, to be offered on 1/8/20 [Re: trio]
Gnome Offline
For alt vi har. Og alt vi er.

Loc: Fort Walker, Va.
City or County: Hanover County
My Thoughts.

Infringement

#1568080 - 12/06/19 05:01 PM Re: Here is senate bill no. 16, prefiled 11/18/19, to be offered on 1/8/20 [Re: Dragpo]
LmgM Offline
Single barrel

Loc: Alexandria
City or County: NOVA
Yes you would be correct about your glock 19 with a 15 round mag being safe.

The portion of the bill addressing semi-auto pistols with the evil features is attacking AR and AK pistols, or any other type of platform people rely on for concealed carry "backpack guns" or "truck gun" setups many people have.

As far as the magazine ban portion, it essentially limits the supply of "high capacity" magazines in VA from this point forward.

So yea your glocks and mags are safe......for now. You may find comfort in that, but I urge you to think, how long will it take before the anti-gunners think that's not enough and you shouldn't have those either?

Meanwhile almost all semi-auto rifles out there right now will be illegal and will come with a felony for posessing one. All of these laws are Bulls**t.

Originally Posted By: Dragpo

So my conclusion based on the above is my Glock 19 with my already existing 15 round mags is totally legal under this.

Thoughts?

Edited by LmgM (12/06/19 05:23 PM)

#1588870 - 01/31/20 08:37 AM Re: Here is senate bill no. 16, prefiled 11/18/19, to be offered on 1/8/20 [Re: trio]
str870s Offline
Some dude

Loc: VA
City or County: Highland
Dragpo and LmgM, the way I'm currently reading HB961, § 18.2-308.9, all magazines over 10-rounds would be considered high-capacity, and therefore banned. I've been wrong before, and I'd love to not have to buy 10-round magazines for all my semi-autos, but...

[Start quote]
§ 18.2-308.9. Import, sale, possession, etc., of certain firearms magazines; penalty.

A. For purposes of this section, "large-capacity firearm magazine" means any firearm magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has the capacity of, or can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition, including any such device with a removable floor plate or end plate if the device can be readily extended to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition. "Large-capacity firearm magazine" does not include (i) a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition or (ii) an attached tubular device designed to accept and only capable of operating with .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

B. It is unlawful for any person to import, sell, transfer, manufacture, purchase, possess, or transport any large-capacity firearm magazine. A violation of this section is punishable as a Class 6 felony.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2