Who's Online
2 registered (luvblades2, 1 invisible), 12 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1579018 - 01/06/20 11:03 AM Anyone with any experience/tips replacing tritium vials in Yugo AK/SKS?
str870s Offline
Some dude

Loc: VA
City or County: Highland
Anyone had a Yugo AK or SKS with dead night sights, and replaced the little tritium vials? Any tips? It seems pretty darn straightforward and simple, but life ain't what it seems, sometimes.

I ordered the vials and will see them if and when I see them.

Thanks

#1579478 - 01/07/20 05:47 PM Re: Anyone with any experience/tips replacing tritium vials in Yugo AK/SKS? [Re: str870s]
UBETRUN Offline
Marksman

Loc: Stafford, VA
City or County: Stafford
I've replaced them in pistol sights and it's easy. Use the proper sized plastic sleeves for a snug fit and don't allow any glue to dry on the visible end of the vial. The vials are VERY fragile so be gentle. I used the larger vials and mine turned out great, hope you have good luck too!

#1581964 - 01/14/20 10:11 AM Re: Anyone with any experience/tips replacing tritium vials in Yugo AK/SKS? [Re: str870s]
str870s Offline
Some dude

City or County: Highland
Thanks!

#1585212 - 01/22/20 03:16 AM Re: Anyone with any experience/tips replacing tritium vials in Yugo AK/SKS? [Re: str870s]
Dustin_Askew Offline
Bolt action

City or County: Smithfield
I replaced the tritium vials in my Tantal's rear sight and the clip on front sight using a toothpick to push them out, then I used the same toothpick to apply glue inside the sleeve, afterwards I just pushed the vials inside gently.