Who's Online
12 registered (vshlopak, SatMornWstrns, golfdog, SuzyKyoo, rollon, tms6, DWillis, Dave1978, LukefromTx, 3 invisible), 17 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1579342 - 01/07/20 11:14 AM Now Might Be A Good Time
seneca Offline
Addicted

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Roanoke
We need to be ready for disruptions to the power grid and fuel pipelines. Particularly those of us who live in NoVa.

#1591518 - 02/06/20 05:51 PM Re: Now Might Be A Good Time [Re: seneca]
Ali Offline
Gun fool

Loc: VA, USA
City or County: Fairfax
As a NOVA guy I suggest to everyone I meet to always keep your fuel tank no lower than 1/2 a tank.

And $100 in preps between

hand sanitizer, water, ramen noodles, toilet paper, canned goods, protein bars etc goes a long way.

Usually falls on deaf ears but my conscious is clear if SHTF.

Friends, fam, acquaintances....no crying on my doorstep after I gifted you stuff, spent time and money to help you and you just gave me the yea yea yeas.

"To conquer a nation you must first disarms the citizens" --Adolf Hitler 1933

"Write it down and remember that we never gave in." - Immortal Technique

"Fight fire with water." Me

#1591745 - 02/07/20 05:55 AM Re: Now Might Be A Good Time [Re: seneca]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

Loc: Rappahannock County, VA
City or County: Front Royal
Agreed, drives me crazy when I get in the car in the winter especially and there is little gas.

Always keep at least a season appropriate packup, you never know when a 'crisis' can pop up, a storm, an earthquake, an electrical grid problem that knocks out lights and makes phones/GPD unusable and you could be far from home.

Always have water, some food, a medical/firstaid kit and a blanket, and if space is limited, just roll it up in the banket and tie or bungicord it and it can also become makeshift 'wearable'.

If you have space there is little reason to be without the additional stuff Ali mentioned above as well as boots, hats, gloves, and basic tools.

I use my old parachute bag (wife calls it the 'bag of doom') and if I have to load the truck for whatever reason I can move it around or even take it out and just as easily put it back in after I've finished whatever I was doing that needed the extra space.