Who's Online
12 registered (rollon, WagonBurner, guns85, dcolvin, The Truth, Kip30, Noah123, SlickStang, Safegun, Rockstar, Drewman804, 1 invisible), 11 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1580487 - 01/10/20 01:57 PM Firearms banned at lobby day!!!
SgtSquishySquash Offline
Belt Fed

Loc: VA
City or County: Dinwiddie & Henrico
Check it the eff out....

Attachments
Screenshot_20200110-135252_Facebook.jpg

If They Stand Against You, Show Them No Mercy

#1580505 - 01/10/20 03:29 PM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

City or County: 22973
Not a big surprise!!! They tried years ago when they weren’t the majority...

Their play book was written long ago waiting for the day they had control.
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#1580530 - 01/10/20 04:43 PM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
VaGunTrader Offline
The Dictator

Loc: Petersburg Va
City or County: Petersburg
is this effective immediately?

#1580535 - 01/10/20 05:03 PM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
Swinger Offline
HMFIC

Loc: Smithfield
City or County: Smithfield
people are still working out the wording and specifics, but it sounds like guns are banned IN the buildings, but NOT on the grounds. So everyone carrying OUTSIDE the buildings are still good.....as far as I know at this instant.

If your signature is filled with unneeded, unnecessary, self imposed requirements or restrictions with LOTS of CAPS for EMPHASIS, you are not helping the community and I will pass on you.

#1580536 - 01/10/20 05:08 PM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
Texasflyboy Offline
"$5 for all answers to Shoutbox questions"

Loc: Falls Church, Va
City or County: Falls Church
They voted on a bill, the governor signed it, and its effective when?

Immediately?

"The Joint Rules Committee approved the new rules, which would bar state lawmakers and the general public from carrying firearms in all areas of the Capitol. The policy provides exceptions for on-duty law enforcement officers."

What is the area of the Capitol as defined? The buildings? Inside? Outside?

The Hill Article

Edited by Texasflyboy (01/10/20 05:10 PM)

#1580545 - 01/10/20 05:30 PM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
Swinger Offline
HMFIC

like I said, people are still going over the wording. People like Nick Frietas himself. Now remember, this IS NOT A LAW. It is a 'rule', as each new class sworn in gets to make up the 'rules'.

This is NOT a law, and as people are understanding it now, it does NOT include the grounds, as the assembly does NOT have the authority to do that.

And yes, it's effective immediately.

If your signature is filled with unneeded, unnecessary, self imposed requirements or restrictions with LOTS of CAPS for EMPHASIS, you are not helping the community and I will pass on you.

#1581918 - 01/14/20 07:15 AM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
jtdpowhatan Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Powhatan, VA
City or County: Powhatan
For now, still OK on capital grounds. Keep an eye out for red ralph and "emergency" resolution.

Hope everyone is coming on the 20th!

#1582473 - 01/15/20 02:56 PM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
scott9050 Offline
Double barrel

Loc: West Virginia
City or County: West Virginia
Now banned on the grounds. I hear Northam is bringing Antifa there and they are planning to start a fight and blame it on all of the "White Supremacist" gun owners.

#1582538 - 01/15/20 06:00 PM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
SgtSquishySquash Offline
Belt Fed

Virginia National Guard recieved orders Tuesday to report today for "deployment training exercises" thru the weekend odd choice of time for such an exercise.....

#1582539 - 01/15/20 06:02 PM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
altajava Offline
Pea Shooter Extraordinare

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Warren
It's been announced, all weapons of any possible description are "temporarily" banned from all statehouse grounds. Governor blackface has declared a state of emergency for Richmond

Edited by altajava (01/15/20 06:04 PM)

#1582546 - 01/15/20 06:14 PM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
MP3Mogul Offline
VAGT Staff

Loc: Salem, Virginia
City or County: Salem
HB20 from 2012 says he cannot ban firearms during a state of emergency

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."
Chesty Puller

#1582562 - 01/15/20 06:40 PM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
SgtSquishySquash Offline
Belt Fed

Apparently that's not stopping him,the national guard will be there or close by and you bet armed.....will you?

#1582579 - 01/15/20 07:13 PM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
Fourth Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: King William
See how dangerous we are? NG troops, extra State Troopers, plus, I expect Richmond city PD, all to back up the Capital PD. Of course, in Charlottesville,it was hands off, let’ em alone. They weren’t a danger,though. Right! VCDL has been doing Lobby Day for years with no trouble. But what a way to show your blue voters how you’re protecting them. See you on the 6 o’clock news! Hank

#1582591 - 01/15/20 07:27 PM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
20vision20 Offline
Double barrel

Loc: va
City or County: Richmond
The left is doing everything they can to smear and taint this event with racism and the Charlottesville debacle.

Be smart, I am as tempted as you are to show up in war paint, do not play into their hand.

Make no mistake about it, these are the kind of people to which the end justifies the means.

Alarm-ism, precipitating a crisis, setting fire to the Reichstag, as it were.

#1582616 - 01/15/20 08:34 PM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: 20vision20]
altajava Offline
Pea Shooter Extraordinare

City or County: Warren
Originally Posted By: 20vision20
The left is doing everything they can to smear and taint this event with racism and the Charlottesville debacle.

Be smart, I am as tempted as you are to show up in war paint, do not play into their hand.

Make no mistake about it, these are the kind of people to which the end justifies the means.

Alarm-ism, precipitating a crisis, setting fire to the Reichstag, as it were.

Isn't showing up with a slung AR and in full kit the same thing as "war paint"??

#1582628 - 01/15/20 08:53 PM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: altajava]
20vision20 Offline
Double barrel

Loc: va
Exactly

#1582714 - 01/16/20 05:49 AM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
Swinger Offline
HMFIC

The Redcoats are coming, the Redcoats are coming!!! Everybody put on your suits and ties and dress shoes, because that works!!!

#1582735 - 01/16/20 07:09 AM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
Blackcloud Offline
One of the bears

Loc: Chesapeake
City or County: Chesapeake
The National Guard is on our side boys.. They ARE the protectors of the 2nd amendment. They are Virginians like us who have their own AR15s, Aks, and all other weapons under the sight of this rouge state government. They have been sent out of this country(some) and fought for us. I have heard that a great number will not violate their own rights and they will not war against themselves meaning US. Governor C00nman thinks they will fight for him???? Trust me, they are with us. The rank and file NG are having the same discussions as us and we need to go forward knowing they ARE with us and Virginians will not stand against themselves.... Virginia will persevere this un-constitutional attack and we will stick together and the roaches will run when the lights come on!

Edited by Blackcloud (01/16/20 07:11 AM)

Carry me back to Virginia........... https://youtu.be/uZz9bAp44fA

#1582741 - 01/16/20 07:28 AM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
Swinger Offline
HMFIC

The Natty guard aren't there, at least not now. It's the state police, Richmond police. Be real.....maybe, MAYBE 2% of them are on our side enough to actually help us. The rest? Their paycheck, benefits, and retirement are more important than our rights. They'll do as ordered, lick boots, and trample on our rights, not to mention our bodies. They will not help us, they will not take a stand, they will not stand down. The vast, vast majority will do as told and be our enemies.

#1582743 - 01/16/20 07:36 AM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
Blackcloud Offline
One of the bears

Don't be so sure. Ive talked to several troopers who also arent happy with these proposed bills. They too are Virginians like you and me. You might be rushing to judge.. They took an oath and to all Ive talked to, it means more then a paycheck. Slow it down a bit, dont let the Gov, divide us. Virginians in or out of uniform are skeptical of the rouges in power..

#1582749 - 01/16/20 08:02 AM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
Swinger Offline
HMFIC

Hey, I HOPE there is a good number on our side. But for every one that's on our side, I'd say there are 20 that aren't. We'll find out Monday, one way or another. I just don't have a good feeling about this anymore.

#1582752 - 01/16/20 08:10 AM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
Blackcloud Offline
One of the bears

Think about this, do state troopers (who will obviously be exempt from these laws) want their wives, parents, brothers, sisters, or children disarmed??? Are they prepared to allow these laws to take effect and leave their family unprotected without any resistance? Please dont make enemies of our fellow citizens. That is what c00nman would want us to do. WE will all stand together and weather this storm. We still have courts and future elections to straighten this out, all is not lost and we need to embrace the State police and not ever let them think we dont see them as our fellow citizens. We need them to speak with us and stand with us.

Edited by Blackcloud (01/16/20 08:11 AM)

#1582827 - 01/16/20 11:56 AM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
BigRed247 Offline
Addicted

Loc: Richmond
Rest assured, most (I’d say around 70%) of LE are on our side. Some of the newer college grads have been brainwashed. Even if hypothetically 25% of LE left, the void would be too detrimental to even handle daily call loads.

#1582831 - 01/16/20 12:03 PM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
Blackcloud Offline
One of the bears

I've spoken to a few troopers that I know and to a man say they would NOT enforce these laws. Who is the governor going to call if the state police and the localities refuse to comply???

#1583221 - 01/17/20 12:03 PM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
OSU84 Offline
Retired Army,former LEO, Disabled Veteran

Loc: Stafford
City or County: Stafford
He will call on help from New York, New Jersey,Chicago and D.C. of course!
101st ABN
Former LEO Tulsa, OK
NRA Endowment Member

#1583246 - 01/17/20 01:44 PM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
Viper350 Offline
Marksman

Loc: Powhatan
City or County: Powhatan
Had a RPD Officer who is a good friend tell me that over 75% of them have been assigned to crowd control downtown on Monday. Another Chesterfield Officer said that they will have large group of Officers staged and ready to be deployed if needed into the city.

#1583395 - 01/17/20 06:27 PM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
MP3Mogul Offline
VAGT Staff

Loc: Salem, Virginia
City or County: Salem
The Virginia Supreme Court will rule tomorrow if the gubinator overstepped his bounds. As I read the law, that Northam himself voted on in 2012, he cannot ban firearms from anywhere except in the buildings. I'm not a lawyer though, so....

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."
Chesty Puller

#1583406 - 01/17/20 06:48 PM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
FordBoy Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Clarke
City or County: Clarke
I hope the courts for once will do the right thing.

#1583416 - 01/17/20 07:24 PM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
FordBoy Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Clarke
City or County: Clarke

#1583675 - 01/18/20 10:59 AM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
1nv1s1ble Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Fairfax County
For those who have not read the actual text of EO49, it is important to understand the following excerpt and its implications. No running with scissors folks...and don't trust any trees in the 'exclusion zone,' as they are now arms dealers. This would be laughable, if it weren't such a travesty.

<< “Weapon” means any weapon as defined in paragraphs (ii) through (v) of subsection A of § 18.2-308 of the Code and any stun weapon, as defined under § 18.2-308.1 of the Code, with the exception of a pocket knife having a folding metal blade of less than three inches. “Weapons” also includes, but is not limited to, sticks, torches, poles, bats, shields, helmets, caustic substances (i.e., pepper spray), hazardous materials, scissors, razor blades, needles, toy guns, toy weapons, fireworks, glass bottles, laser pointers, aerosol containers, baseballs, softballs, UAVs/Drones, or any item that can inflict bodily harm that is visible, other than firearms. >>

ETA: This excerpt, two subsections later, has potential to be interpreted to include your 'assault scissors' while pocketed, making the second-to-last clause ambiguous. That's the trouble with taking things out of context, so I am also adding the link.

<< This prohibition applies to both the open and the concealed carry of firearms and other weapons. >>

https://www.governor.virginia.gov/media/...ate-Capitol.pdf

Edited by 1nv1s1ble (01/18/20 11:10 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >