Who's Online
21 registered (LukefromTx, Turbine15, VA_SHAKA, longrangeshooter, Guppy, Gnome, much ado, Chip King, jblack87, guns85, Fairtax, Payne28, 9 invisible), 18 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1583097 - 01/17/20 06:30 AM The Great VAGT Gunswap Starts Now?
Mark S Offline
Mark S

Loc: Rappahannock County, VA
City or County: Front Royal
Given 2 turncoat GOP Sen voted for Universal Background checks in committee, it looks like that's almost given.

Is it time to start the Great VGT Gunswap? If you want it, or don't, move it now before another layer of government impedes our transactions in both time and cost?

Swap'em if ya gottem!

Edited by Mark S (01/17/20 06:30 AM)

#1583166 - 01/17/20 09:01 AM Re: The Great VAGT Gunswap Starts Now? [Re: Mark S]
bustedknee Offline
Curmudgeon

Loc: Southwest Va
City or County: Wythe
Everyone going to Richmond should bring a Glock. We meet in a safe place and stand in a huge circle. At the stroke of two everyone pass their pistol to the person on the left - holster your new pistol, shake hands then go home.
Snowflakes heads exploding will sound like 4th of July fireworks all across the country.

#1583172 - 01/17/20 09:14 AM Re: The Great VAGT Gunswap Starts Now? [Re: bustedknee]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Various
City or County: Various
Originally Posted By: bustedknee
Everyone going to Richmond should bring a Glock. We meet in a safe place and stand in a huge circle. At the stroke of two everyone pass their pistol to the person on the left - holster your new pistol, shake hands then go home.
Snowflakes heads exploding will sound like 4th of July fireworks all across the country.

YEPP!

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#1585589 - 01/22/20 09:17 PM Re: The Great VAGT Gunswap Starts Now? [Re: Mark S]
Fenton1 Offline
Full Auto

Loc: Lynchburg, VA
City or County: Lynchburg
This has occurred to me that I really want a couple things. However I am poor from holidays, new puppy, other dog surgery (did you know ACL repair is $3500!?). So I’m left a couple ARs I don’t need or shoot. Having a hard time letting them go knowing I may not get a chance at having them again.

#1587313 - 01/27/20 09:01 AM Re: The Great VAGT Gunswap Starts Now? [Re: Mark S]
BrianJ Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Virginia
City or County: HANOVER
I’ve found that selling guns is a very temporary win. Especially if it’s one you really like. When my kids were young I sold a bunch when times were tight and I never had time to shoot anyway. The money goes away fast and prices boomed so I’ll never get back all the cool milsurp rifles I had.

The swap is a fantastic idea. I thought about that too. People talk of building on 80% receivers which is cool (I’ve done it too) but a simple swap or buying used now accomplishes the same goal. A huge mass swap like you guys were talking about would have been awesome. Yeah anti gunners would’ve gone nuts. Who knows we may still get a chance if it looks like the wrong bills are sure to pass.

#1587435 - 01/27/20 02:43 PM Re: The Great VAGT Gunswap Starts Now? [Re: Mark S]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

Loc: Rappahannock County, VA
City or County: Front Royal
The swaps can be big or small, like gun for like gun, or something you want for something you no longer 'love', or for cash.

Simple point is that it looks as though UBC is coming, at least for the next 2-3 years. Doing it now is faster and cheaper than involving an FFL for all involved...just sayin.

I buy guns online that come through an FFL when I can't find what I'm looking for on the boards here. I prefer to deal face to face for numerous reasons.

#1588329 - 01/29/20 06:34 PM Re: The Great VAGT Gunswap Starts Now? [Re: Mark S]
graybeard Offline
Marksman

Loc: Va
City or County: Fauquier
This^^^!
I buy from the online sites and do the FFL show, and I like to buy from this site.
I really enjoy talking with the folks here and actually learn a thing or two about a firearm.