Who's Online
18 registered (mrbarge24, RedBeardOutlaw, Echo168, gatorforgeck, Musky_Mike, Algotguns, Twf93, Dannylee, BV540, InkedSquid2, _d_m_e_, 7 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1583246 - 01/17/20 01:44 PM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
Viper350 Offline
Marksman

Loc: Powhatan
City or County: Powhatan
Had a RPD Officer who is a good friend tell me that over 75% of them have been assigned to crowd control downtown on Monday. Another Chesterfield Officer said that they will have large group of Officers staged and ready to be deployed if needed into the city.

#1583395 - 01/17/20 06:27 PM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
MP3Mogul Offline
VAGT Staff

Loc: Salem, Virginia
City or County: Salem
The Virginia Supreme Court will rule tomorrow if the gubinator overstepped his bounds. As I read the law, that Northam himself voted on in 2012, he cannot ban firearms from anywhere except in the buildings. I'm not a lawyer though, so....

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."
Chesty Puller

#1583406 - 01/17/20 06:48 PM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
FordBoy Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Clarke
City or County: Clarke
I hope the courts for once will do the right thing.

#1583416 - 01/17/20 07:24 PM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
FordBoy Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Clarke
City or County: Clarke

#1583675 - 01/18/20 10:59 AM Re: Firearms banned at lobby day!!! [Re: SgtSquishySquash]
1nv1s1ble Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: VA
City or County: Fairfax County
For those who have not read the actual text of EO49, it is important to understand the following excerpt and its implications. No running with scissors folks...and don't trust any trees in the 'exclusion zone,' as they are now arms dealers. This would be laughable, if it weren't such a travesty.

<< “Weapon” means any weapon as defined in paragraphs (ii) through (v) of subsection A of § 18.2-308 of the Code and any stun weapon, as defined under § 18.2-308.1 of the Code, with the exception of a pocket knife having a folding metal blade of less than three inches. “Weapons” also includes, but is not limited to, sticks, torches, poles, bats, shields, helmets, caustic substances (i.e., pepper spray), hazardous materials, scissors, razor blades, needles, toy guns, toy weapons, fireworks, glass bottles, laser pointers, aerosol containers, baseballs, softballs, UAVs/Drones, or any item that can inflict bodily harm that is visible, other than firearms. >>

ETA: This excerpt, two subsections later, has potential to be interpreted to include your 'assault scissors' while pocketed, making the second-to-last clause ambiguous. That's the trouble with taking things out of context, so I am also adding the link.

<< This prohibition applies to both the open and the concealed carry of firearms and other weapons. >>

https://www.governor.virginia.gov/media/...ate-Capitol.pdf

Edited by 1nv1s1ble (01/18/20 11:10 AM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2