Who's Online
10 registered (Pasta_Cubanara, campbellguard, search, jblack87, Prototype3a, Arstar96, WagonBurner, VA_SHAKA, loomey4320, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1585081 - 01/21/20 07:10 PM FYI: Virginia Red Flag legislation State Senator response
Jim24 Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Fairfax
FYI: I received the following response from my Virginia State Senator after sending him my input on firearm and ammunition magazine prohibitions proposed during the current legislative session. I do not believe that our Virginia legislators are anywhere near being done with crafting Virginia firearm law limitations into the future.

"While I recognize the challenges firearms legislation in general and red flag laws specifically present to us, I have been surprised that it has received negative feedback from a large part of the citizenry concerned about gun rights. For years, we've heard that mental health is the problem and most, if not all, of red flag law policy will relate to temporarily removing guns exhibiting symptoms of mental disorder and getting help to them so that their rights can be restored.

Please help me with this one. Let me know what I am missing here and why it is not a good idea to focus on potentially mentally ill folks with a high bar for probable cause and due process prior to removal with a clear path toward restoration of those weapons at some point. Thanks for your concern. Get back to me if you have ongoing concerns that I am missing."

I know that contacting representatives and making your views known is valuable. Many voices matter. I believe that elected officials do not ignore input and may pay attention to the highest volumes of contact calls and emails over time.

Contact you make with legislators may help some to understand the views of the people they represent. Those fellow citizens - and others - who would eliminate American freedoms are very loud, well organized, and use emails and social media with high frequency and, I believe, with a good deal of "gun control" funding support. Thank you for considering this input.

#1585119 - 01/21/20 08:17 PM Re: FYI: Virginia Red Flag legislation State Senator response [Re: Jim24]
Blackcloud Offline
One of the bears

Loc: Chesapeake
City or County: Chesapeake
How about a nasty ex-girlfriend, co-worker, neighbor, or a crazy cat lady with a vendetta. What’s the punishment for a fake claim? Where’s the due process? What if I draw a democrat leaning judge at my “trial” to get my guns back? How will my firearms be treated and stored while they are detained? What about innocent UNTIL proven guilty? What about unlawful search and seizure? Are the cops going to knock on the door or knock it down? What if they shoot me? What if I shoot them thinking that I’m being robbed? What if??????

Edited by Blackcloud (01/21/20 08:28 PM)

Carry me back to Virginia........... https://youtu.be/uZz9bAp44fA