Who's Online
14 registered (hokieskins, turboghia, wafflecopter, Ccurtis8891, Pasta_Cubanara, WombatRider, 804life, Colin3859272619406, Speci4lk1865, 28PercentAPRMustang, graybeard, 3 invisible), 8 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1581750 - 01/13/20 05:54 PM Bringing guns and other FAQ by VCDL
ak66 Offline
Sharp Shooter

Loc: VA
City or County: Fairfax
Fellow gun owners:

Please read the FAQ by VCDL to answer questions on Lobby Day. There's information on what to bring including the guns.

Here's the link for it.

VCDL 2020 Lobby Day FAQ

The pages gets updated so please check it and most importantly social media frequently.

https://www.vcdl.org/

https://www.facebook.com/events/569703807124705/

https://twitter.com/VCDL_ORG?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

My personal advice on carrying guns at the rally from today's events: KEEP YOUR LONG GUNS AT HOME!!! Please do not make the rally about you and your nice AR! It's distracting from the main message!

Edited by ak66 (01/13/20 05:59 PM)
- Colt stripped M4 upper receiver
- Comtac III or higher
- Leupold MK4 spotting scope

#1581891 - 01/14/20 04:13 AM Re: Bringing guns and other FAQ by VCDL [Re: ak66]
harley Offline
Harley

Loc: va,
City or County: rappahannock
seem the faq is dated dec 18, the rules have changed since then haven't they, and they will probably change again from what I read on here, where will we be able to find the latest on this on Friday jan 17, seems the king in Richmond is all about himself

Edited by harley (01/14/20 04:14 AM)

#1581894 - 01/14/20 05:04 AM Re: Bringing guns and other FAQ by VCDL [Re: ak66]
Swinger Offline
HMFIC

Loc: Smithfield
City or County: Smithfield
Stay tuned on Friday for a decree by the communist in chief, c00nman himself on changing the rules.

And really....at this point, bring WHATEVER you want. There WILL be patriots there in full kit. It doesn't matter what you carry or don't, the media will NOT be fair or paint us in a good light. We should all know that by now. They'll be too busy covering the 10s of thousands there to single out on the full kit people.

If your signature is filled with unneeded, unnecessary, self imposed requirements or restrictions with LOTS of CAPS for EMPHASIS, you are not helping the community and I will pass on you.

#1582063 - 01/14/20 03:37 PM Re: Bringing guns and other FAQ by VCDL [Re: ak66]
harley Offline
Harley

so as of right now handguns are good to go on the grounds,i'll keep an I on friday

#1582442 - 01/15/20 01:03 PM Re: Bringing guns and other FAQ by VCDL [Re: ak66]
altajava Offline
Pea Shooter Extraordinare

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Warren
I've had several conversations with people coming from out of state in a show of support. They seem insistent on bringing rifles. I've tried to explain that's not what lobby day is about, and it's not the look we are going for. All I got in return was hostility, and to be quite honest, I don't want outside "support" from those kinds of people. Serious question, why do some people think showing up like that when it plays right into the lefts portrayal of us is going to help our cause? I don't understand why they think that is helping us. We turned %95 of this state into a 2A sanctuary without their help.

#1582567 - 01/15/20 06:46 PM Re: Bringing guns and other FAQ by VCDL [Re: altajava]
Fourth Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: King William
You are 100% correct. We don’t need that kind of help. The msn types will certainly spin the coverage to suit themselves, but we sure don’t need to help them!

#1582574 - 01/15/20 06:58 PM Re: Bringing guns and other FAQ by VCDL [Re: ak66]
20vision20 Offline
Double barrel

Loc: va
City or County: Richmond
I guess you have heard, Reich Chancellor Northam has declared a state of emergency.
NO FIREARMS, KNIVES, or bats(heehaw) allowed on Capitol grounds.

#1582588 - 01/15/20 07:22 PM Re: Bringing guns and other FAQ by VCDL [Re: ak66]
ian86 Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Charlottesville
curious to see what happens now that a state of emergency has been declared.

#1582851 - 01/16/20 02:14 PM Re: Bringing guns and other FAQ by VCDL [Re: altajava]
2523 Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Fredericksburg
Originally Posted By: altajava
I've had several conversations with people coming from out of state in a show of support. They seem insistent on bringing rifles. I've tried to explain that's not what lobby day is about, and it's not the look we are going for. All I got in return was hostility, and to be quite honest, I don't want outside "support" from those kinds of people. Serious question, why do some people think showing up like that when it plays right into the lefts portrayal of us is going to help our cause? I don't understand why they think that is helping us. We turned %95 of this state into a 2A sanctuary without their help.

Your mindset is exactly what has gotten us to this point. I don't mean any disrespect, but the time for civility as you suggest has all but passed for this entire country. Your mindset is indicative of not understanding who the enemy is and what that same type of enemy has done against their fellow man in times past.

You thinking the media is ever going to paint you as anything other than a gun nut and extremist is incredibly misguided. You cannot reason or compromise with the media or the democrats and frankly a good portion of the GOP. They are after complete and utter power and will stop at nothing until they are forced to stop. If you don't understand that then you don't understand history.

Do not discourage free men and woman from exercising their rights.

#1582923 - 01/16/20 05:51 PM Re: Bringing guns and other FAQ by VCDL [Re: ak66]
harley Offline
Harley

there are a bunch of groups coming in that are not going to be friendly, with guns, with nothing on there agenda but violence, I think there will be a time Monday you will thank them for bringing there rifles

#1582976 - 01/16/20 07:36 PM Re: Bringing guns and other FAQ by VCDL [Re: 2523]
KJM813 Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Fauquier
Originally Posted By: 2523
Originally Posted By: altajava

Your mindset is exactly what has gotten us to this point. I don't mean any disrespect, but the time for civility as you suggest has all but passed for this entire country. Your mindset is indicative of not understanding who the enemy is and what that same type of enemy has done against their fellow man in times past.

You thinking the media is ever going to paint you as anything other than a gun nut and extremist is incredibly misguided. You cannot reason or compromise with the media or the democrats and frankly a good portion of the GOP. They are after complete and utter power and will stop at nothing until they are forced to stop. If you don't understand that then you don't understand history.

Do not discourage free men and woman from exercising their rights.

What are you suggesting should take place in Richmond when you said "....the time for civility as you suggest has all but passed for this entire country. ". Any form of violence, threats, rioting, etc. on the part of pro-gun groups will be used against the cause, in my opinion, and turn more people to the anti-gun side.

Edited by KJM813 (01/16/20 07:37 PM)

#1583217 - 01/17/20 12:01 PM Re: Bringing guns and other FAQ by VCDL [Re: ak66]
OSU84 Offline
Retired Army,former LEO, Disabled Veteran

Loc: Stafford
City or County: Stafford
I am sure Antifa will be there instigating as usual.
101st ABN
Former LEO Tulsa, OK
NRA Endowment Member

#1584104 - 01/19/20 11:32 AM Re: Bringing guns and other FAQ by VCDL [Re: ak66]
Tyronyglock40man Offline
NO TIME FOR “WOKE” JOKE UNICORN FOLK

City or County: Capital of the Confederacy Richmond-Williamsburg area
All a media crap show

RIP LAKEN RILEY

FJB

It will always be Forts Lee AP Hill Bragg Pickett Benning Gordon and Hood

DEO VINDICE !!!!!!!!!!

#1584280 - 01/19/20 07:57 PM Re: Bringing guns and other FAQ by VCDL [Re: ak66]
MisterE Offline
Double barrel

Loc: (south) Fairfax County, VA
City or County: Lorton
FYI: MrsE and I just had a nice dinner a few blocks from ground zero. Our waiter was very excited to tell us how most of the area restaurants would be closed tomorrow.

Great to be here early and talk with our own kind. LEOs around the perimeter are great.

If everyone stays cool, we will show the country what its like when the grown ups hold a rally.

Semper Fi!

#1585317 - 01/22/20 10:03 AM Re: Bringing guns and other FAQ by VCDL [Re: ak66]
ryanva Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Prince George
City or County: Prince George
Well, lots of people brought hand guns, rifles ect. Nothing happened, everything was peaceful. I even saw someone toting around a Barett .50 cal. Had to weigh 40#'s. Lol Not one I would have chose to carry.

Because of this being the biggest gun rally in our state. No one knew what to expect from our people. I'm happy to say everyone was very polite, extremely respectful to one another. It made me proud to be a Virginia resident