Who's Online
10 registered (Dathien, DanLfortheW, Trekker60, Leper_Messiah, VAJafo, 5 invisible), 8 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1589661 - 02/01/20 10:35 PM I Have Questions About the Recent Rally
bustedknee Offline
Curmudgeon

Loc: Southwest Va
City or County: Wythe
We had to park a long way from the capital and hike in because the King, fearing the peasants, closed all parking garages and local businesses within reasonable walking distance. He claims it was for safety.

There is a cluster of garages in this area because of the great numbers of people continually visiting the area.
On our walk in, I hobbled past several empty garages. After the rally we took a different route to our vehicle and again, I limped past multiple empty garages.

It occurred to me that a rally such as Lobby Day must be quite a weekend money maker and the locals stood to lose a lot of income.

My questions are:
1. Did the state of Virginia re-reimburse those garages (and other businesses) for their loses?

2. How much was the total?

3. Would not that be our tax dollars spent to bar us access to our King?

#1589702 - 02/02/20 06:55 AM Re: I Have Questions About the Recent Rally [Re: bustedknee]
ruckersvillan Offline
Angry Southern Deplorable White Christian Male

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Ruckersville/Greene County
If the parking garages were on state owned land I could maybe see our sorry sob governor doing so. If it was a private garage he would have no right. The owner would have to agree. I know if I owned a parking garage I would not shut down for a money making event.

I'll cling to my guns and religion and you can take both from my cold dead hands

We Need To Play Cowboys And Liberals

#1589800 - 02/02/20 10:31 AM Re: I Have Questions About the Recent Rally [Re: bustedknee]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Various
City or County: Various
ZERO accommodation was made for ADA (handicap) folks... that is ABSOLUTELY AGAINST FEDERAL LAW. That is straight out of the VSP EO memo.

The number of other laws violated is staggering. Why is no one demanding action? WIMP LAWYERS. Just like my recall efforts... dumbfounding how many wimps there are.

We ate a restaurant about 11:30... the owner told us that she was behind us 100%, but could not say anything publicly... "They" would put her out of business...

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#1590008 - 02/02/20 08:09 PM Re: I Have Questions About the Recent Rally [Re: bustedknee]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

Loc: VA
City or County: 22973
The pizza place and the 7/11 were open and I bet they made lots of money.

VCDL paid for the porta-potties..
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.