Who's Online
23 registered (carpetmuncher, RedBeardOutlaw, Marko, GrantG, ferdFteenthousand, InkedSquid2, MHG, rollon, mike4570, Twf93, Boomer0828, Chatton, BV540, just bill, crthompson, Getinside1, 13D_B3S, jr45, spaatz11, Siggeek, 3 invisible), 11 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1594113 - 02/12/20 11:13 AM Re: HB961 passed [Re: Swinger]
knothead Offline
Joe Cool

Loc: Richmond
City or County: Richmond
I have also written my representative and others. They have no intention to do anything. In fact, The Virginia Gun Trader will be in big trouble very soon. I know this site has been seeking extra money to support its efforts, but I think the democrats will go all in to shut this down. Keep pushing everyone to vote this November and the next election and the next.

#1594212 - 02/12/20 03:09 PM Re: HB961 passed [Re: Swinger]
nvcdl Offline
Bullseye

Loc: ORANGE
City or County: Orange
Need to call these swing senators daily.

If you don't live in their districts you can tell them you wish to keep your address private for obvious reasons.

Attachments
84123220_2642789439122858_4200097902292369408_o.jpg

Edited by nvcdl (02/12/20 03:10 PM)

#1594375 - 02/12/20 10:45 PM Re: HB961 passed [Re: nvcdl]
20vision20 Offline
Double barrel

Loc: va
City or County: Richmond
Ban stupid people!

Bonhoeffer was known for his staunch resistance to Nazi dictatorship, including vocal opposition to Hitler's euthanasia program and genocidal persecution of the Jews. He was arrested in April 1943 by the Gestapo and imprisoned for one and a half years. Later, he was transferred to Flossenbürg concentration camp. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flossenb%C3%BCrg_concentration_camp

After being accused of being associated with the July 20 plot to assassinate Adolf Hitler, he was quickly tried, along with other accused plotters, including former members of the German Military Intelligence Office, and hanged on 9 April 1945.

Gallery of 20th Century Martyrs at Westminster Abbey. From left, Mother Elizabeth of Russia, Martin Luther King Jr., Óscar Romero and Dietrich Bonhoeffer.

Attachments
4TDgRTZ.jpg

220px-Westminster_Abbey_C20th_martyrs.jpg

#1595481 - 02/15/20 02:13 PM Re: HB961 passed [Re: Swinger]
CARRYAGLOCK Offline
Double barrel

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Gainesville
When does the Senate vote on 961? I was under the impression it was yesterday, Friday 2/14.

Thanks gents

Be VOCAL and support your local 2A Rights Groups!

Fear not the gun a man carries, fear a man that carries a gun. For the man is the true weapon, his gun is merely one tool.

#1595486 - 02/15/20 02:23 PM Re: HB961 passed [Re: CARRYAGLOCK]
jr45 Online   content
Full Auto

Loc: VA
City or County: Stafford
From VCDL:

Quote:
Turnout needed! Monday, February 17, at 8 am, the Senate Judiciary committee is going to hear HB 961, Delegate Mark Levine's "assault weapon"/higher-capacity magazine/suppressor/ bump stock ban!

This is a key opportunity to defeat HB 961 and there is a good chance we can do so!

I suggest getting there early, as we will hopefully flood the room and beyond.

After going through the metal detectors, continue straight ahead and go through the glass doors. Make an immediate right, walk down the hall, and make another immediate right to get to Senate Committee Room A.

Here's what the current version of HB 961 does:
Makes possession of a large number of semi-automatic guns, classified as an "assault weapon" by this bill, a felony. This includes many popular rifles, handguns, and shotguns! You can keep any "assault weapons" you currently have, but you can't buy any more. The wording is so poor that you probably won't be able to even fix a broken "assault weapon," as each part is classified as an "assault weapon"! Gun dealers in Virginia won't be able to sell an "assault weapon" or any parts for one to anybody, include to gun owners in other states. This will do severe financial harm to Virginia gun dealers.
Bans magazines that hold more than 12 rounds of ammunition. There is NO grandfathering! Possession of such a magazine (keeping it at home only) after January 1, 2021 will be a Class 1 misdemeanor. However, transporting such a magazine is a felony!
Bans suppressors, making possession of one a felony. You can keep any suppressors you currently have, but you cannot purchase any more and you won't be able to fix them if they break.
Bans bump stocks. Any that you have must be destroyed by January 1, 2021. Possession of one after that date is a felony.

This bill is also up for consideration by the committee:
H.B. 600

Patron: Hope

Family day homes; storage of firearms. Requires that during the hours of operation of a family day home, all firearms be stored unloaded in a locked container, compartment, or cabinet and that ammunition be stored in a separate locked container, compartment, or cabinet.

#1595532 - 02/15/20 02:56 PM Re: HB961 passed [Re: jr45]
CARRYAGLOCK Offline
Double barrel

Thanks brother I will pass this on!

Fear not the gun a man carries, fear a man that carries a gun. For the man is the true weapon, his gun is merely one tool.

#1596231 - 02/17/20 09:45 AM Re: HB961 passed [Re: Swinger]
Dadcpu Offline
Potty Mouth Grandpa

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Henrico County
Well it was postponed for a year today, not a win but relieves some of the immediate pressures anyway.

#1596234 - 02/17/20 09:54 AM Re: HB961 passed [Re: Swinger]
FordBoy Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Clarke
City or County: Clarke
Stay engaged. We need to be organized and stand strong. Virginia has had a wake up call. Let's hold the line.

#1596240 - 02/17/20 10:12 AM Re: HB961 passed [Re: Swinger]
CARRYAGLOCK Offline
Double barrel

I hear HB961 has been put off for vote until 2021! I haven't confirmed this but I was told by a reliable source to me.

#1596244 - 02/17/20 10:20 AM Re: Hold The Line! [Re: FordBoy]
CARRYAGLOCK Offline
Double barrel

Originally Posted By: FordBoy
Stay engaged. We need to be organized and stand strong. Virginia has had a wake up call. Let's hold the line.

We got a reprieve. For the moment anyway. Let's hold the line, organize more and more, and build our political fighting power over the next several months and really fight this BS!

If just 1 thousand of us call and the list of opposing and swing representatives just 1 day of the week. I think that would definitely show them gun owners votes will be lost and they dont stand to be re-elected, which is what they really care about or they wouldn't be a politician.

#1596247 - 02/17/20 10:28 AM Re: Hold The Line! [Re: Swinger]
jr45 Online   content
Full Auto

Loc: VA
City or County: Stafford
Yep, postponed for a year! The bad: the one handgun a month, universal background checks, red flag, and locality bills still active. In addition, with the upcoming redistricting, and huge changes to voting laws under bills SB34 and HB19, we may not have as much luck next year. I know I sound pessimistic, but I see many of these bills being rammed through...our fight continues now on multiple fronts.

#1596316 - 02/17/20 01:01 PM Re: Hold The Line! [Re: Swinger]
VaGunTrader Offline
The Dictator

Loc: Petersburg Va
City or County: Petersburg
Vote

#1596317 - 02/17/20 01:01 PM Re: Hold The Line! [Re: Swinger]
VaGunTrader Offline
The Dictator

Vote

#1596318 - 02/17/20 01:01 PM Re: Hold The Line! [Re: Swinger]
VaGunTrader Offline
The Dictator

Vote

#1596319 - 02/17/20 01:02 PM Re: Hold The Line! [Re: Swinger]
VaGunTrader Offline
The Dictator

Yes.....vote!!!!

#1596321 - 02/17/20 01:03 PM Re: Hold The Line! [Re: Swinger]
VaGunTrader Offline
The Dictator

No excuses.
Every election, not just the presidential.
Get to the polls and VOTE these people out!!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2