Who's Online
13 registered (Mw7113, PMOORE, Dhoard21, DWillis, vshlopak, Bob_K, tms6, Gnome, rollon, 4 invisible), 14 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1593694 - 02/11/20 11:24 AM There will never be gun (firearm, etc...) confiscation in Virginia
Texasflyboy Offline
"$5 for all answers to Shoutbox questions"

Loc: Falls Church, Va
City or County: Falls Church
There will never be gun (firearm, etc...) confiscation in Virginia.

Texasflyoy. 02/11/2020.

You may quote me.

#1593876 - 02/11/20 07:19 PM Re: There will never be gun (firearm, etc...) confiscation in Virginia [Re: Texasflyboy]
bustedknee Offline
Curmudgeon

Loc: Southwest Va
City or County: Wythe
Convince us.

#1593884 - 02/11/20 07:40 PM Re: There will never be gun (firearm, etc...) confiscation in Virginia [Re: Texasflyboy]
toughtom12 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Centreville/Manassas
City or County: Manassas
"Never" is a long time

#1594215 - 02/12/20 03:12 PM Re: There will never be gun (firearm, etc...) confiscation in Virginia [Re: Texasflyboy]
Execprotect Offline
Dialed In

Loc: Rappahannock County
City or County: Rappahannock County
I'm sorry to say a vast majority of our law enforcement officers would follow orders to keep their job and rank, especially in urban areas. You will not see Sheriff Jenkins in Culpeper going door to door to confiscate but I'm certain in areas like Alexandria it would happen. Sadly many law enforcement officers dont take the gun rights issue (and the rest of the constitution) to heart. They are issued guns, so nothing will change for them. You may even find a few of the elitist "only I should have a gun" officers who do not look kindly to those who carry.
I guarantee every LEO reading this can name at least 5 guys in their department that would blindly follow confiscation orders in violation of their oath and the constitution.

#1594362 - 02/12/20 09:40 PM Re: There will never be gun (firearm, etc...) confiscation in Virginia [Re: Execprotect]
ruckersvillan Offline
Angry Southern Deplorable White Christian Male

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Ruckersville/Greene County
Originally Posted By: Execprotect
I'm sorry to say a vast majority of our law enforcement officers would follow orders to keep their job and rank, especially in urban areas. You will not see Sheriff Jenkins in Culpeper going door to door to confiscate but I'm certain in areas like Alexandria it would happen. Sadly many law enforcement officers dont take the gun rights issue (and the rest of the constitution) to heart. They are issued guns, so nothing will change for them. You may even find a few of the elitist "only I should have a gun" officers who do not look kindly to those who carry.
I guarantee every LEO reading this can name at least 5 guys in their department that would blindly follow confiscation orders in violation of their oath and the constitution.

I would wager there are 500 citizens for those 5 thugs, that would think its Christmas day if they tried it. The state of our commonwealth and our country is at a boiling point. These **VOTE IN NOVEMBER** want to make us felons, but want felons from south America to vote and have drivers license. They want to take God out of everything, but promote homosexuality, abortion etc. There is so much anger and hate right now boiling and simmering that people are just looking for an excuse to cut loose. What would Richmond do if they tried it and met a resistance?Then if the resistance continued on to Richmond and dragged those **VOTE IN NOVEMBER** from their chambers and hung them on monument Avenue? It would be like the french revolution. They should think long and hard before poking the armed populace. Remember we have played cowboys and indians, and we know how that turned out. Just imagine now if we have to play cowboys and liberals.
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

I'll cling to my guns and religion and you can take both from my cold dead hands

We Need To Play Cowboys And Liberals

#1594407 - 02/13/20 04:37 AM Re: There will never be gun (firearm, etc...) confiscation in Virginia [Re: Texasflyboy]
Colonfree Offline
Redacted

Loc: VA
City or County: Seaford
agreed. confiscation won’t happen.

homeland security: I cant believe with all the people in this country they can get that many dummys in one place at one time.

#1594583 - 02/13/20 02:06 PM Re: There will never be gun (firearm, etc...) confiscation in Virginia [Re: Colonfree]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

City or County: Stafford
I will not discount the possibility of confiscation. If done, they will do it to us individually and may start in areas that are more sympathetic to tyranny (i.e. Fairfax, Loudon, Richmond, etc.). They will control the narrative, making who resist as some sort of extreme nut or the boogey man. Then followed by harsh punishment to try to scare the rest of us into capitulation. This has happened numerous times in the past. Look at CA, NY, MD, CT, IL, D.C....

#1594585 - 02/13/20 02:19 PM Re: There will never be gun (firearm, etc...) confiscation in Virginia [Re: ruckersvillan]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Quote:
I would wager there are 500 citizens for those 5 thugs, that would think its Christmas day if they tried it.

It would be a disaster for all. Police will defend each other and don't like outsiders killing one of their own even if they were corrupt. You would even have police from out of state coming to assist. What anti armor capability do those 500 citizen have? Please don’t say .50 as it will not stop armor. A meager up armored HMMWV will give them grief. Before anyone gets too much into the chest thumping, a strong look at what is posted on this public site needs to be kept in mind.

#1594589 - 02/13/20 02:21 PM Re: There will never be gun (firearm, etc...) confiscation in Virginia [Re: Texasflyboy]
TopC Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Northern VA
City or County: Prince William County
I have to agree with JR here. They'll do no knock warrants at 2 am, or detain you at work. It's not going to be at a time and place of their choosing that minmizes your ability to resist. We have to stop this insanity before it becomes law.

#1594807 - 02/13/20 11:41 PM Re: There will never be gun (firearm, etc...) confiscation in Virginia [Re: jr45]
ruckersvillan Offline
Angry Southern Deplorable White Christian Male

City or County: Ruckersville/Greene County
Originally Posted By: jr45
Quote:
I would wager there are 500 citizens for those 5 thugs, that would think its Christmas day if they tried it.

It would be a disaster for all. Police will defend each other and don't like outsiders killing one of their own even if they were corrupt. You would even have police from out of state coming to assist. What anti armor capability do those 500 citizen have? Please don’t say .50 as it will not stop armor. A meager up armored HMMWV will give them grief. Before anyone gets too much into the chest thumping, a strong look at what is posted on this public site needs to be kept in mind.

I agree about putting things on a public forum. It was not my intention to chest thump. Im just speaking the truth. Go to any country store, gas station, etc in a rural part of Va and talk to people. This is no secret. The police, UN, ect can try. People are itching for it. You can only be backed so far into a corner before you come out swinging. People feel there whole existence is under attack. Their religion, identity, statues/memorials, livelihoods, wealth etc. It is being gave away to immigrants and welfare trash, and people who have different ideologies than families who have been here for centuries. Im just telling what I hear over and over. It does not matter if your in the Shenandoah valley or in the Piedmont you hear the same complaints and the same threats and the same frustrations. I listened to it today eating lunch at McDonald's. Rural people are fed up with this liberal disease that is spreading over, not only Va, but the entire country. This anger/resentment is why Trump was elected and will be reelected. If they should try to confiscate firearms and go door to door suddenly "they" have a face. There is now a distinct enemy in a humvee coming down your road. If now you bring in out of state agents it gets worse. Now outsiders are coming to Va, to come down your street and take your way of life. It may work in a city or suburb, but bring it to the country and it will be a extermination.
Im not condoning or expressing anything. Im just repeating what I've observed in my travels. I hope it never comes to that. Hopefully next election we can vote this bunch of $H!T out of Richmond and put good Republicans back in office and not traitors like my representative Emmit Hanger.

I'll cling to my guns and religion and you can take both from my cold dead hands

We Need To Play Cowboys And Liberals

#1594926 - 02/14/20 10:07 AM Re: There will never be gun (firearm, etc...) confiscation in Virginia [Re: Texasflyboy]
a_s Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Richmond
City or County: Richmond
What makes you think that confiscation would happen like that all?

The easiest path to confiscation is this, change the rules to make felons, send police to collect the newly minted felon's arms.

In all likelihood, not one of the officers is going to know that until yesterday that Citizen Doe was the perfect model citizen who paid taxes, gave to charity, ... They are going to know that a felon is in possession of arms and that they need to collect them.

SWAT leader Jack "Ripper" Peters is going to pump up his men about how this felon has been evading the law, endangering children, giving the one finger salute to law enforcement, and generally just crapping on the community. Pumped up by the speech, and realizing how they are helping the community, officers R. Greene, Sum Roo Key, and Dayna Retires will unleash a volley of fire that would be the envy of the NYPD and Citizen Doe will be left in a pool of blood next to his cocker spaniel and his 4yr old daughter.

The media will blare the story for the world to hear about the heroic police that protected the community from violent felons like Citizen, who while a felon, had an arsenal 5 guns and 200 rds of ammunition. The majority of people that knew Citizen Doe will say, wow, I had no idea he was such a bad dude. The ones that never knew him will throw parades for the heroic police and laud them with honors.

Mass confiscation in VA, probably never. One by one, until there aren't any left... another story.

#1594972 - 02/14/20 12:57 PM Re: There will never be gun (firearm, etc...) confiscation in Virginia [Re: a_s]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
Originally Posted By: a_s
What makes you think that confiscation would happen like that all?

The easiest path to confiscation is this, change the rules to make felons, send police to collect the newly minted felon's arms.

In all likelihood, not one of the officers is going to know that until yesterday that Citizen Doe was the perfect model citizen who paid taxes, gave to charity, ... They are going to know that a felon is in possession of arms and that they need to collect them.

SWAT leader Jack "Ripper" Peters is going to pump up his men about how this felon has been evading the law, endangering children, giving the one finger salute to law enforcement, and generally just crapping on the community. Pumped up by the speech, and realizing how they are helping the community, officers R. Greene, Sum Roo Key, and Dayna Retires will unleash a volley of fire that would be the envy of the NYPD and Citizen Doe will be left in a pool of blood next to his cocker spaniel and his 4yr old daughter.

The media will blare the story for the world to hear about the heroic police that protected the community from violent felons like Citizen, who while a felon, had an arsenal 5 guns and 200 rds of ammunition. The majority of people that knew Citizen Doe will say, wow, I had no idea he was such a bad dude. The ones that never knew him will throw parades for the heroic police and laud them with honors.

Mass confiscation in VA, probably never. One by one, until there aren't any left... another story.

maybe, but past a certain point that will lose its momentum, LEOs and citizens will wake up and see whats happening. my thought is how can another gun owner come and justify taking my guns and live with his self, especially when innocent children and wifes suffer also

#1595041 - 02/14/20 03:27 PM Re: There will never be gun (firearm, etc...) confiscation in Virginia [Re: Texasflyboy]
toughtom12 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Centreville/Manassas
City or County: Manassas
"my thought us how can another gun owner come and justify taking my guns and live with his self, especially when innocent children and wifes suffer also?" Men can justify anything to themselves when their paycheck and personal well being are on the line. Especially when they are given uniforms and indoctrinated into a culture of Brotherhood among other uniformed men. I cringe when I see the Thin Blue Line Flag or stickers on cars or clothing. It is little different than seeing a Hells angels or Mongols patch on clothing.

#1595051 - 02/14/20 04:10 PM Re: There will never be gun (firearm, etc...) confiscation in Virginia [Re: ruckersvillan]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Quote:
You can only be backed so far into a corner before you come out swinging. People feel there whole existence is under attack. Their religion, identity, statues/memorials, livelihoods, wealth etc.

I completely understand and agree and It's not just the rural folks who feel this way. Unfortunately, hoping for sanity to return after next year's election may soon just be a dream as the antis will ensure they remain in their seats. The senate just passed SB34 which will allow immigrants to obtain a driver’s license regardless of legal status...

#1601630 - 03/01/20 10:46 AM Re: There will never be gun (firearm, etc...) confiscation in Virginia [Re: Texasflyboy]
Paratus Offline
Addicted

City or County: Appomattox
They may even wait until no one is home, John Wayne the door, search pursuant and cepi the warrant on the front door as they leave. You will come home to find the door trashed, the home trashed and your government protectors in the wind.

Edited by Paratus (03/01/20 10:48 AM)

#1602128 - 03/02/20 03:09 PM Re: There will never be gun (firearm, etc...) confiscation in Virginia [Re: Texasflyboy]
lue-jones Offline
Demigod

Loc: Virginia, USA.
City or County: Vinton
Originally Posted By: Texasflyboy

Texasflyoy. 02/11/2020.

You may quote me.

Quote:
RICHMOND, Va. – A Williamsburg, Virginia, man was issued a summons by police at Richmond International Airport on Saturday, Feb. 1, after a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) officer spotted a .380 caliber handgun loaded with nine bullets, including one in the chamber, in the traveler’s carry-on bag. In addition, the man was in possession of a magazine loaded with eight more bullets.

TSA officials notified the airport police, who responded to the checkpoint, confiscated the handgun and detained the man for questioning before arresting him on a weapons charge.

TSA.gov

#1604235 - 03/07/20 01:31 PM Re: There will never be gun (firearm, etc...) confiscation in Virginia [Re: lue-jones]
Texasflyboy Offline
"$5 for all answers to Shoutbox questions"

Loc: Falls Church, Va
City or County: Falls Church
Originally Posted By: lue-jones

Texasflyoy. 02/11/2020.

You may quote me.

Quote:
RICHMOND, Va. – A Williamsburg, Virginia, man was issued a summons by police at Richmond International Airport on Saturday, Feb. 1, after a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) officer spotted a .380 caliber handgun loaded with nine bullets, including one in the chamber, in the traveler’s carry-on bag. In addition, the man was in possession of a magazine loaded with eight more bullets.

TSA officials notified the airport police, who responded to the checkpoint, confiscated the handgun and detained the man for questioning before arresting him on a weapons charge.

TSA.gov

This is such a retarded post that I fear if I try to answer it anymore than I already have it will actually increase the amount of retardedness present to a point where we will have to bring in a 3 year old to drag the collective IQ back up to double digits.

#1604305 - 03/07/20 04:28 PM Re: There will never be gun (firearm, etc...) confiscation in Virginia [Re: Texasflyboy]
lue-jones Offline
Demigod

This is such a retarded post that I fear if I try to answer it anymore than I already have it will actually increase the amount of retardedness present to a point where we will have to bring in a 3 year old to drag the collective IQ back up to double digits.

Fallacy based comment relying on ad hominem instead of legitimate discourse. Not surprising, all things considered. By all means, continue.

#1604313 - 03/07/20 04:52 PM Re: There will never be gun (firearm, etc...) confiscation in Virginia [Re: Texasflyboy]
lue-jones Offline
Demigod

Quote:
Red Flag laws, also called Gun Violence Restraining Orders and Extreme Risk Protection Orders, are gun-confiscation laws disguised as “gun-violence prevention” laws that are being pushed hard at both the state and federal levels. VCDL expects to be fighting Red Flag bills in the Virginia General Assembly in 2020.

VCDL

Quote:
The eight bills advancing for Northam's approval include measures to extend firearm prohibitions for those under protective orders, require citizens to report lost or stolen weapons, allow local governments to have more authority to enact gun laws in their localities, update protections to keep unsecured weapons out of the hands of children and teens and to create a "red flag law."

Also known as an extreme risk protective order, the so-called red flag law

CNN

It looks like to me this thread fell flat on its face the minute it was created, not only are firearms already confiscated in Virginia, but we just cleared the way for legislation allowing for further confiscation.