Who's Online
14 registered (deaner20, wrickster, jrd, SigBoone, Slylikea_fox, HWF, va3dshooter, A218julian, SlickStang, georgewilliams, 4 invisible), 15 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1604632 - 03/08/20 02:11 PM Can an FFL transfer to a person from another state in their store?
MP44 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: VA.
City or County: Williamsburg
I am trading firearms and the person is going to drive from PA and meet at my FFL/gun store here in VA. to do the transfers. I am trading him a long gun and he is trading me a pistol. Will the FFL be able to do both the transfers since he is not a VA resident?

I am going to check with the FFL when they open on Tuesday but thought I would also ask here because if it is legal and that particular shop will not do it I will check with others but if it is NOT legal then I will not bother checking with other FFLs

#1604778 - 03/08/20 09:13 PM Re: Can an FFL transfer to a person from another state in their store? [Re: MP44]
nvcdl Offline
Bullseye

Loc: ORANGE
City or County: Orange
I belive this should be legal but I'd call ahead and talk to the FFL about it to confirm.

Edited by nvcdl (03/08/20 09:17 PM)

#1604824 - 03/08/20 11:06 PM Re: Can an FFL transfer to a person from another state in their store? [Re: MP44]
rromeo Offline
Bullseye

Loc: VA
City or County: Pulaski
You are picking up a pistol in your own state, and he is picking up a rifle, both are going through an FFL. That is all legal by federal law, and it is legal by Virginia law. The only question is if it's legal by Pennsylvania law if he is allowed to by a rifle in a other state. I have purchased a rifle at Cabelas in Pennsylvania, so I'd imagine the opposite is true.
As stated above check with the FFL
Never initiate force against another. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.