Who's Online
7 registered (Forest393, weez3006, Jared1985, 4 invisible), 11 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1607583 - 03/16/20 08:13 AM For the truly morbid people that like to keep up with real-time death.
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Various
City or County: Various

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#1607584 - 03/16/20 08:14 AM Re: For the truly morbid people that like to keep up with real-time death. [Re: Cash is King]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

On an average 4.5 million people die every month from one thing or another. My guess is over the next few months that number is going to be about 4.55 million. Keep it in perspective fellas.

#1608153 - 03/17/20 04:20 PM Re: For the truly morbid people that like to keep up with real-time death. [Re: Cash is King]
toughtom12 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Centreville/Manassas
City or County: Manassas
In a completely cold blooded and heartless way, this virus is actually not a bad thing. It mostly targets people who are very sickly and old. I know that's of no comfort if it kills someone we care about, but this is not a tragedy like the Spanish Flu (which killed young healthy people). My dad was joking that this virus was designed to bring relief to the Social Security and Medicare Budget. I think the best thing to do is quarantine all the old folks for a while, while the young and healthy go out and build up a herd immunity. People over 70 would have to live like Anne Frank, while the rest of us make sure not to destroy our economy.

#1611810 - 03/25/20 03:01 PM Re: For the truly morbid people that like to keep up with real-time death. [Re: toughtom12]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Originally Posted By: toughtom12
In a completely cold blooded and heartless way, this virus is actually not a bad thing. It mostly targets people who are very sickly and old. I know that's of no comfort if it kills someone we care about, but this is not a tragedy like the Spanish Flu (which killed young healthy people). My dad was joking that this virus was designed to bring relief to the Social Security and Medicare Budget. I think the best thing to do is quarantine all the old folks for a while, while the young and healthy go out and build up a herd immunity. People over 70 would have to live like Anne Frank, while the rest of us make sure not to destroy our economy.

From a Darwin perspective you are absolutely right. The older and weaker folks will probably suffer more loss. As well as the younger arrogant folks that think they're bulletproof.

The only unanticipated tragedy will be when younger folks infect others and end up killing their grandparents... and the guilt they may feel afterwards.