Who's Online
18 registered (nickjlvirginia, Bkenney, Kevinlee93, Mdo1986, bbpepper, Pbobby, Tylerjb4, kjack, SlickStang, Chip King, USMA_1982, Parsons, RandyBarnes, kchisholm1960, geatkins, spaatz11, 2 invisible), 16 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1631356 - 05/03/20 01:50 PM Cassie (again)
Scuba_Steve Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: VA
City or County: Reston
Add me to the list of people Cassie has made a deal with before disappearing.

Cassie offered to buy a pistol from me last week. We agreed on a price and meet place for that same day...and then he ghosted me. For days, before I finally realized he was welshing and that I shouldn't have been turning down other people.

He has good feedback on his profile, but I wished I had clicked on the one Mod link that is there, which would have taken me to this forum. Here's a second entry for him in a little over a month.

Overview of the messages we exchanged on this board:

Wednesday:

10:05 am
- Cassie contacts me via PM and makes an offer on a pistol I had for sale here, stating he could meet anytime that day.
10:49 am - I reply with a counteroffer.
11:28 am - He accepts. We have a deal.
11:36 am - I repeat the terms in the ad (VA resident, F2F meet in a Reston, etc) and ask him if there is any particular place he'd like to meet in Reston and at what time
1:26 pm - He suggests a location in Reston, tells me he is 30 minutes away from there, and asks when I can meet him there
1:28 pm - I respond (two minutes later) that I am ten minutes from there and can meet him at any time. I also give him my phone number.

He never responds. Not that day. Not the next day. Or the next. Or ever.

Wednesday 3:08 pm - I ask him if he is still interested and that I thought we had a deal. No answer.

Thursday 11:07 am - I again ask if he is still in...and to please let me know either way. No answer.

Friday 5:47 pm - I message him again, telling him I am just looking for a status update and this is his last chance before I submit negative feedback.

And again, no answer, even though I can see that he has read all of the messages.

The full message chain is here for admin review: PMs for admin review

If a mod wants to see it, I can export it.

Edited by Scuba_Steve (05/03/20 09:49 PM)
Edit Reason: shortened link for mobile

#1631962 - 05/04/20 09:01 PM Re: Cassie (again) [Re: Scuba_Steve]
the cwa Offline
MODERATLY MONITORING MODERATOR

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Prince George,23842
Originally Posted By: Scuba_Steve
Add me to the list of people Cassie has made a deal with before disappearing.

Cassie offered to buy a pistol from me last week. We agreed on a price and meet place for that same day...and then he ghosted me. For days, before I finally realized he was welshing and that I shouldn't have been turning down other people.

He has good feedback on his profile, but I wished I had clicked on the one Mod link that is there, which would have taken me to this forum. Here's a second entry for him in a little over a month.

Overview of the messages we exchanged on this board:

Wednesday:

10:05 am
- Cassie contacts me via PM and makes an offer on a pistol I had for sale here, stating he could meet anytime that day.
10:49 am - I reply with a counteroffer.
11:28 am - He accepts. We have a deal.
11:36 am - I repeat the terms in the ad (VA resident, F2F meet in a Reston, etc) and ask him if there is any particular place he'd like to meet in Reston and at what time
1:26 pm - He suggests a location in Reston, tells me he is 30 minutes away from there, and asks when I can meet him there
1:28 pm - I respond (two minutes later) that I am ten minutes from there and can meet him at any time. I also give him my phone number.

He never responds. Not that day. Not the next day. Or the next. Or ever.

Wednesday 3:08 pm - I ask him if he is still interested and that I thought we had a deal. No answer.

Thursday 11:07 am - I again ask if he is still in...and to please let me know either way. No answer.

Friday 5:47 pm - I message him again, telling him I am just looking for a status update and this is his last chance before I submit negative feedback.

And again, no answer, even though I can see that he has read all of the messages.

The full message chain is here for admin review: PMs for admin review

If a mod wants to see it, I can export it.

Pm sent to Cassie for response. Other members are not to respond here.

Cassie's account is in timeout until a response is given for both current negative feedbacks.

If you were a hotdog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

HEY, we all know that the moon is not made of green cheese. but what if it was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it then?

#1635179 - 05/11/20 07:14 PM Re: Cassie (again) [Re: Scuba_Steve]
Scuba_Steve Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: VA
City or County: Reston
Well, it's been a week with no response, so now you know how we feel. wink

#1637260 - 05/16/20 06:06 PM Re: Cassie (again) [Re: Scuba_Steve]
the cwa Offline
MODERATLY MONITORING MODERATOR

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Prince George,23842
FOR FAILURE TO RESPOND TO MESSAGES OR NEGATIVE COMMENTS, THIS MEMBER IS BANNED.

SITE MODERATOR,

the cwa

If you were a hotdog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?

HEY, we all know that the moon is not made of green cheese. but what if it was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it then?