Who's Online
22 registered (toojon, smokem, Walthergobrrr, Dave1978, Falkov, dc.fireman, Dwilson05, reswob, Mkweaver, geatkins, mmc-ret, TJ7, GrantG, sixshot, RWCB, Zach17981, MKC1911, 5 invisible), 21 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1627675 - 04/25/20 11:01 PM Are my 2nd Amendment rights being violated?
sixtyeightwhiskey68 Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Fairfax County
City or County: Alexandria
Hello All,

I moved to Virginia on the first of this month (April 2020) and have been getting the paperwork ready to purchase some firearms. However, with the Covid situation the DMV is closed. With the DMV closed, I can't get a VA ID. Without a VA ID, I cannot legally purchase a firearm.

Are my 2nd Amendment rights being violated here?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

#1627700 - 04/26/20 01:23 AM Re: Are my 2nd Amendment rights being violated? [Re: sixtyeightwhiskey68]
Newgunguy Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Goochland
Hello,

My name is Charles and we moved here at the end of 2016 from mASSholechusetts and didnt get our new id's for a while and I had to wait a month with proper id's to buy anything. So sadly to say you are going to be screwed for a while until you get your Virginia license.

Charles.

#1627704 - 04/26/20 01:31 AM Re: Are my 2nd Amendment rights being violated? [Re: sixtyeightwhiskey68]
vaforlife Offline
Just Your Everyday Super Nerd

Loc: VA
City or County: Woodbridge
Hi,

Have you tried to call the DMV or submit for a license through the mail?

I know when we lose a license that the only way to get a new one is through the mail.

#1632219 - 05/05/20 01:39 PM Re: Are my 2nd Amendment rights being violated? [Re: sixtyeightwhiskey68]
nvcdl Offline
Bullseye

Loc: ORANGE
City or County: Orange
You can legally purchase a gun via private sale if you are a bonifide Virginia resident. There is no requirement to show an ID tho you might want to have some mail with a VA address to show a seller and explain your situation (if need be).

#1632335 - 05/05/20 06:21 PM Re: Are my 2nd Amendment rights being violated? [Re: nvcdl]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Loc: VA
City or County: Lynchburg
Originally Posted By: nvcdl
You can legally purchase a gun via private sale if you are a bonifide Virginia resident. There is no requirement to show an ID tho you might want to have some mail with a VA address to show a seller and explain your situation (if need be).

Until July...

I'm not a surgeon, why? What's a little sepsis between friends?

Everyone takes a beating sometimes