Who's Online
10 registered (GeorgeIII, Korey1995, squirrelonabike, TQV203, PanzerJager107, RickRoll, longeye, Capt Gary, 2 invisible), 11 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1638121 - 05/18/20 10:49 PM SuzyKyoo
oodles-of-noodles Offline
Full Auto

Loc: NoVA
City or County: Fairfax
Messaged member more than a week ago and started a conversation about a scope listed for sale. Member then ghosted arranging deal and where to meet. I thought they may have been on vacation or what not but several other members had left feedback regarding deals during the time ghosting and all messaged to reestablish contact were read and ignored.

Edited by oodles-of-noodles (05/18/20 10:50 PM)
"Liberty is never unalienable; it must be redeemed regularly with the blood of patriots or it always vanishes. Of all the so-called natural human rights that have ever been invented, liberty is least likely to be cheap and is never free of cost." Heinlein

#1638521 - 05/19/20 09:50 PM Re: SuzyKyoo [Re: oodles-of-noodles]
the cwa Offline
MODERATLY MONITORING MODERATOR

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Prince George,23842
Originally Posted By: oodles-of-noodles
Messaged member more than a week ago and started a conversation about a scope listed for sale. Member then ghosted arranging deal and where to meet. I thought they may have been on vacation or what not but several other members had left feedback regarding deals during the time ghosting and all messaged to reestablish contact were read and ignored.

MESSAGE SENT TO SUZYKYOO FOR RESPONSE. OTHER MEMBERS ARE NOT TO RESPOND HERE

#1638641 - 05/20/20 08:43 AM Re: SuzyKyoo [Re: oodles-of-noodles]
SuzyKyoo Offline
Raised, Dubbed, and Created

Loc: NoVA and Nomadic
City or County: Virginia
As forum member Oodles indicated, we started a discussion regarding a partial trade and cash for a scope I have listed. The conversation was ongoing but I never accepted his offer. A meeting place was proposed by member far outside the area I normally travel within, and I never agreed to meet on those terms. Had he thought to call me beforehand I would have mentioned to him that I try to 'stack' my transactions if I'm traveling a long distance to save time and gas money - this is I believe a standard thing for most other forum members who travel for deals.

As described above, meh. Yeah, sometimes deals never happen, or they fall apart. But a deal can only fall apart if both parties actually agreed in the first place. Oodles confirmed we never reached a deal - so I'll leave it to the court of public opinion as to whether that merits negative feedback.

But wait.....there's more. What really irritated me was Oodles then decided to visit my profile in the late evening hours of 18 MAY and leave negative feedback in my profile disguised as routine feedback ! For a VGT member who has been around for just short of 10 years, he knows full well how things work around here and deliberately chose the SHADY WAY. If I didn't have automated notices set up I never would have known about this.

I'm uncertain how to embed images in-line with text, but I have a screenshot of the original feedback Oodles left in this manner as proof of his misconduct. Instead of stooping to his level and putting him on 'blast', I reached out to VGT moderators with a request for assistance. DadCPU reviewed the feedback, agreed with my point of view, and immediately removed the feedback, and warned him of potential consequences of breaking forum rules and traditions. Again, I'm not sure how I can post pics in-line with this response, but I have screenshots to confirm this discussion with DadCPU took place, and a review of my profile will confirm DadCPU indeed removed the improperly posted negative feedback.

So I wasn't surprised to wake up this morning to an automated notice that Oodles once again tried to leave negative feedback. Dude, really ? You're upset because a deal didn't happen and THIS is how you choose to deal with it ? Now, I'll give him partial credit - thank you Oodles, for confirming that I do have an established reputation here on the forum of overwhelmingly positive feedback, and for being a fair and accommodating person to talk/deal with. Now it's my turn to be fair with Oodles - he too has six pages of positive feedback. The improper way in which he conducted himself in this situation DOES NOT appear to be consistent with the way he generally does business.

That said Oodles, now that VGT has had the opportunity to hear BOTH sides of the narrative (which you attempted to deny me by deliberately circumventing the forum rules governing negative feedback) I'll leave this matter to the court of public opinion. You are now the second VGT member I have added to my block and ignore list....it's hard to wind up there my man, but your actions have earned it. Don't bother contacting me in the future.
VTBodybuilder
Workaholic