Who's Online
12 registered (gungoboom, kidd, larry1341, Kendo, Dannylee, Machinegunsniper3117, kapon, Kegron, 4 invisible), 9 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#1648676 - 06/14/20 07:35 AM Re: a small moment of dignity and understanding [Re: dustydog]
dustydog Offline
drooling old single shot fanatic

Loc: Chester
City or County: Chester
Sunday,6/14/20;two observations and comment.

Anybody on this site watch the news regarding the march in Richmond yesterday? Don't know what you saw,but I saw all sorts of folks demanding that we live up to the principles that we give such heavy lipservice. PEACEFULLY.

Let me repeat for the hard-of-reading: PEACEFULLY.

Forward a few hours: on North Allen,there was an incident involving a police cruiser and a bunch of bike riding teens/twentysomethings. Appears pointless,and utterly distracting.And as far as I can tell,from video,was a bunch of white kids out for a evening of "let's FSU".

Get real. antifa as an organization does not exist.It's a catchphrase and nothing more,something convenient to throw out to get media attention. Having known actual anarchists,and the occasional revolutionary during my life,I feel that I can say that whatever the people are that are claiming the title,they are mostly bored kids that can afford a good lawyer.

So,are you going to support the principles of our nation,or go chasing the bugaboo under the bed?

Don't blame me if you find your life wanting,it takes sand to bet it all on one card.

Waiting for snow to cover my tracks.

#1648690 - 06/14/20 08:28 AM Re: a small moment of dignity and understanding [Re: Paratus]
dustydog Offline

Originally Posted By: Paratus
Originally Posted By: dustydog
and a note regarding how short we fall of what we profess:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/abc-ne...kY3W?li=BBnb7Kz

"..now is the needed time"

And if this was the car regarding the lookout and the police did nothing they would have been vilified for doing nothing. If the individual matches the description, if time, place and opportunity are relevant and articulable it was a good stop. This was not "driving while black". On most traffic stops I. made at night I was not able to tell the race at the time the lights went on. Daytime was sometime better.

Now is the needed time for those who have never been the police to shut their mouths and stop acting like morons. If someone was stopped because they were black, brown, green, orange, yellow or whatever it was based on reasonable articulable suspicion ( don't need probable cause to make a traffic stop) or a lookout with race being one of several identifying factors. We are at the point where police officers are getting fired, or worse, for doing exactly what they were hired to do. Look at the recent Tampa shooting for an example. The suspect wanted to fight, seized a Taser ( I really don't like these and I am glad we did not have them but....) ran and pointed it at the officer. End of story and it should be the end of the wailing and gnashing of teeth.
After the initial citizen contact the police are reactionary. What they do depends on what you do. Don't be stupid.

Paratus,you did read the same article about the pastor I posted,didn't you?

Don't blame me if you find your life wanting,it takes sand to bet it all on one card.

#1649067 - 06/15/20 05:36 AM Re: a small moment of dignity and understanding [Re: dustydog]
dustydog Offline

the right man at the right time

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/bla...ple/ar-BB15tP4K

#1649495 - 06/16/20 07:28 AM Re: a small moment of dignity and understanding [Re: dustydog]
dustydog Offline

hmmm.........who woulda thunk it?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gorsuc...vWFs?li=BBnbcA1

"..now is the needed time'

#1649935 - 06/17/20 06:00 AM Re: a small moment of dignity and understanding [Re: dustydog]
dustydog Offline

#1650400 - 06/18/20 08:41 AM Re: a small moment of dignity and understanding [Re: dustydog]
Paratus Offline
Addicted

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Appomattox
I did. It reinforces what I said.

#1650467 - 06/18/20 11:09 AM Re: a small moment of dignity and understanding [Re: Paratus]
dustydog Offline

Originally Posted By: Paratus
I did. It reinforces what I said.

Doubt that,but what the hey,things are changing too fast for you to follow is my guess.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/supreme-cou...ram-11592489280

If you are wondering what is going on,it's simple:

Civil rights are for EVERYBODY.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3