Who's Online
9 registered (Safegun, Dannylee, dana_bp, VB14BC, VALFE, VA_SHAKA, 3 invisible), 9 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1646843 - 06/09/20 10:28 AM What should I have done?
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Loc: Various
City or County: Various
Driving between Richmont and Norfold on the interstate 63 the other day and saw a police car with blue lights that had pulled over some gangster looking sedan.

As I passed I saw three young thug looking men beating the police officer who had been knocked to the ground.

There was no cell phone coverage in the area. What should I have done?

What would you do?

I-95 "Fast Lanes" solved NOTHING!!!

#1646879 - 06/09/20 11:29 AM Re: What should I have done? [Re: Cash is King]
ChrisC Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Prince William County
City or County: Nokesville
My conscience dictates that I stop and assist, using up to and including lethal force if necessary. If non-lethal, I wouldn't hang around afterward and would try to remain off-camera so as to avoid legal/civil issues.

#1646890 - 06/09/20 12:09 PM Re: What should I have done? [Re: Cash is King]
panic788 Offline
Marksman

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Alexandria
Originally Posted By: Cash is King
Driving between Richmont and Norfold on the interstate 63 the other day and saw a police car with blue lights that had pulled over some gangster looking sedan.

As I passed I saw three young thug looking men beating the police officer who had been knocked to the ground.

There was no cell phone coverage in the area. What should I have done?

What would you do?

If I were you would check my medication when safely stopped, as there isn't an interstate 63, the closest thing I can find to anything called Richmont is a university in Georgia, and there is no such thing as Norfold. Otherwise I would schedule an appointment for an eye doctor and question if you actually were seeing clearly if you meant Interstate 64, Richmond and Norfolk.

#1646895 - 06/09/20 12:16 PM Re: What should I have done? [Re: Cash is King]
ChrisC Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Prince William County
City or County: Nokesville
It was clearly a hypothetical situation...

#1646896 - 06/09/20 12:26 PM Re: What should I have done? [Re: Cash is King]
JG Offline
Tactical Tommy Commando

Loc: Tidewater/HamptonRoads area
City or County: Tidewater/HamptonRoads area
What if it’s 3 cops beating a black man? A while woman? Any human being?

Lots of one sided videos out there, but I have yet to see anyone with a ‘moral conscience’ stand up for their fellow man against the armed thugs who are killing our fellow countrymen. There’s some real insight to be gained from what’s happening in our country right now - and remember, it’s not the police protesting or going on strike because of the unsafe conditions of their job.

#1646905 - 06/09/20 12:43 PM Re: What should I have done? [Re: JG]
cadi86 Offline
Tactical Tommy Commando

Loc: Cape Charles,Va
City or County: Northampton
Originally Posted By: JG

Lots of one sided videos out there, but I have yet to see anyone with a ‘moral conscience’ stand up for their fellow man against the armed thugs who are killing our fellow countrymen. There’s some real insight to be gained from what’s happening in our country right now - and remember, it’s not the police protesting or going on strike because of the unsafe conditions of their job.

We can make up different scenarios all day. The op asked a specific question. I myself would like to think I would stop and help the officer.

Are you the same JG that was a mod here once? I’m guessing you want to defund the police?

#1646918 - 06/09/20 01:34 PM Re: What should I have done? [Re: cadi86]
JG Offline
Tactical Tommy Commando

Loc: Tidewater/HamptonRoads area
City or County: Tidewater/HamptonRoads area
Originally Posted By: cadi86
Originally Posted By: JG

We can make up different scenarios all day. The op asked a specific question. I myself would like to think I would stop and help the officer.

Are you the same JG that was a mod here once? I’m guessing you want to defund the police?

The scenario I 'made up' is the one that's happening throughout our country on a much too frequent basis. But you're right, I should not have hijacked OP's post by offering another scenario to consider. In response to his question - I would stop (and have stopped) and try to document and de-escalate the situation if I found myself bearing witness to another person being beat on.

Yes, I'm the same JG that served as a mod and has been an active member here for a decade and has over 140 positive feedback comments and orders of magnitude more transactions on here over the years. The same one who attended lobby day for as long as I can remember. The same one who supports vcdl annually. The same one whose favorite hobby will be stripped from me on July 1.

Not sure defunding the police without a solid alternative to protect people and property is the best approach. I am a proponent of fixing a broken system. Things like asset forfeiture without charges being brought, police immunity from civil liability, not allowing someone with a demonstrated pattern of abusing their position to still be deployed to a field position, external review boards made up of citizens to handle department complaints rather than handling internally, body cams, and respecting another person's right to exist and live free of fear. What do you believe should change?

First step to fixing a problem is to admit there is one. Ask yourself this - would you choose to live the life of a person of color? If the answer is no and you consider yourself a non-racist, then why are you ok with that?

#1646988 - 06/09/20 04:54 PM Re: What should I have done? [Re: JG]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

The three ran into the woods when I stopped. All three were white... looked preppy to me. Kakies and madris shirts... I was mistaken in my first observation.

The officer... a petite black girl was badly injured... she kept crying that she didn't want to loose the baby...

What should I have done?

What would you do?

#1646999 - 06/09/20 05:40 PM Re: What should I have done? [Re: Cash is King]
panic788 Offline
Marksman

The three ran into the woods when I stopped. All three were white... looked preppy to me. Kakies and madris shirts... I was mistaken in my first observation.

The officer... a petite black girl was badly injured... she kept crying that she didn't want to loose the baby...

What should I have done?

What would you do?

Really be concerned for your eye sight and sanity. Now people are changing colors, and there is a distinct lack of police vehicle with flashing blue lights that you thought you saw. The doctor may be able to get you back on proper medication so you stop hallucinating things.

#1647021 - 06/09/20 07:06 PM Re: What should I have done? [Re: panic788]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Originally Posted By: panic788

What should I have done?

What would you do?

Really be concerned for your eye sight and sanity. Now people are changing colors, and there is a distinct lack of police vehicle with flashing blue lights that you thought you saw. The doctor may be able to get you back on proper medication so you stop hallucinating things.

Very interesting pre-judgement there.

I did not initially identify the race the perpetrators or the police officer... but you chose to make the thugs black... and the police officer as a white male...

#1647022 - 06/09/20 07:08 PM Re: What should I have done? [Re: ChrisC]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Originally Posted By: ChrisC
It was clearly a hypothetical situation...

Correct.

#1647133 - 06/10/20 07:19 AM Re: What should I have done? [Re: Cash is King]
panic788 Offline
Marksman

Very interesting pre-judgement there.

I did not initially identify the race the perpetrators or the police officer... but you chose to make the thugs black... and the police officer as a white male...

Keep digging. I said people changing colors. Did not specify which people, or what colors. I said nothing about genders. You're the only one making assumptions about what they did or did not see, and it's hypothetical and apparently all subject to the changing whims of someone who has demonstrably lost some portion of sanity before. Next thing we know, they were green aliens from outer space that were running off into the woods, and the pregnancy was due to conception after a rape by a Sasquatch, because I did say people.

#1647283 - 06/10/20 01:07 PM Re: What should I have done? [Re: Cash is King]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Penis0.788" you are a fool and a liar.

#1647286 - 06/10/20 01:18 PM Re: What should I have done? [Re: Cash is King]
v8unleashed Offline
Tactical Tommy Commando

Loc: nova
City or County: nova
What an all around ridiculous thread. They should give you and dustydog your own forum, so the rest of us can browse in peace. As it is, it seems like every third post is some incomprehensible tirade.

#1647289 - 06/10/20 01:27 PM Re: What should I have done? [Re: Cash is King]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
lol

#1647290 - 06/10/20 01:28 PM Re: What should I have done? [Re: Cash is King]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Browse what?

This site has been living in the toilet for 5 years.

BTW... you still bottom feeding at your daddy's law firm?

Oops... V8 gonna negative feedback me...

#1647491 - 06/10/20 10:20 PM Re: What should I have done? [Re: Cash is King]
ak66 Offline
Sharp Shooter

Loc: VA
City or County: Fairfax
Link below describes a similar situation, pretty much sums it up. I think there was another one from Colorado last year. Driver sees someone attacking an officer, pulls over, asks officer if he need help, if yes shoots the attacker. While there’s no duty to intervene, I don’t understand people who would ignore an attack on a law enforcement officer, especially, when the officer asks for help. Despite everything that is happening and controversies, it’s still the right thing to do.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/video-shows-passerby-shooting-florida-deputys-attacker/story%3fid=46143376

Edited by ak66 (06/10/20 10:21 PM)
- Colt stripped M4 upper receiver
- Comtac III or higher
- Leupold MK4 spotting scope

#1647502 - 06/10/20 10:45 PM Re: What should I have done? [Re: Cash is King]
DameLeche Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Virginia, United States
City or County: Lynchburg, VA
To play Devil’s advocate, what if the “attacker” yelled for help, would you shoot the law enforcement officer? Occasionally the “attacker” is acting to preserve their life. Let’s be aware of our own preconceptions so that we are less vulnerable to them in the face of a situation that we would otherwise consider a surprising situation.
I agree, let’s not be removed of compassion, a clear mind, and be disillusioned to law enforcement. At the same time, there are bad cops. In fact, we’re all corruptible. That’s not unique to one profession. Although one may think that some professions attract the worst people, which may carry some truth, let’s nevertheless remember the principle of individuality.
Thanks for the conversation.

Edited by DameLeche (06/10/20 10:48 PM)

#1647533 - 06/11/20 06:48 AM Re: What should I have done? [Re: Cash is King]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Daniel Colwell double murder in the Walmart parking lot in Americus Georgia was the first murder I ever witnessed.

I mention it because at the time while I was watching it happen... I could not process what was happening. I.e. It is very strange to watch a reality, but not be able to process it as actually real.

The hypothetical OP with it's obvious inaccuracy of detail and seasonal pre-judgement still allows primal thought and reaction to a wrong.

How did I deal with Daniel Colwell back then?

#1647534 - 06/11/20 06:49 AM Re: What should I have done? [Re: DameLeche]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Originally Posted By: DameLeche
To play Devil’s advocate, what if the “attacker” yelled for help, would you shoot the law enforcement officer? Occasionally the “attacker” is acting to preserve their life. Let’s be aware of our own preconceptions so that we are less vulnerable to them in the face of a situation that we would otherwise consider a surprising situation.
I agree, let’s not be removed of compassion, a clear mind, and be disillusioned to law enforcement. At the same time, there are bad cops. In fact, we’re all corruptible. That’s not unique to one profession. Although one may think that some professions attract the worst people, which may carry some truth, let’s nevertheless remember the principle of individuality.

A wrong is always a wrong.

And a right is always a right.

Never allow anyone else to tell you otherwise.

#1647545 - 06/11/20 07:24 AM Re: What should I have done? [Re: Cash is King]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Originally Posted By: DameLeche

A wrong is always a wrong.

And a right is always a right.

Never allow anyone else to tell you otherwise.

The only regrets I have ever experienced in my 57 years... Is when I have allowed a wrong to stand... or right to falter.

#1647830 - 06/11/20 08:59 PM Re: What should I have done? [Re: Cash is King]
v8unleashed Offline
Tactical Tommy Commando

Loc: nova
City or County: nova
Correct me if I'm wrong, but at this point it appears you're having a conversation with yourself. Why do you have to do it on VGT?

#1647876 - 06/11/20 11:33 PM Re: What should I have done? [Re: v8unleashed]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Originally Posted By: v8unleashed
Correct me if I'm wrong, but at this point it appears you're having a conversation with yourself. Why do you have to do it on VGT?

Kinda like when you play with your **VOTE IN NOVEMBER**?

Or maybe slather that thing with some peanut butter how to whistle for your dog?

#1647877 - 06/11/20 11:35 PM Re: What should I have done? [Re: Cash is King]
Cash is King Offline
Nice guy... NO MORE

Damn typos... *and whistle.

#1647879 - 06/11/20 11:37 PM Re: What should I have done? [Re: Cash is King]
mikemike Offline
Marksman

City or County: Stafford
I'll bet Dusty is attracted to that peanut butter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >