Who's Online
12 registered (Jonasben98, rollon, CowboyECHO, John12, jschmied, disposablehero, SenseiKintama, wmolnar, SigBoone, Mattchete, 2 invisible), 10 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1667337 - 08/20/20 09:24 AM Re: Transfer Fees for private sales [Re: prawls]
P3Bill Offline
VETERAN PEASHOOTER

Loc: Wilderness
City or County: Orange County
Originally Posted By: prawls
VSP has an excel spreadsheet on their site with all the FFL’s that are doing the capped $$ transfers.

A link to that info would be appreciated. TIA

Oh, and last Jan when I renewed my GOOD SAM membership, the clerk asked if I was military and I told her I was retired. She then told me my renewal fee was only $15 as opposed to the normal $29

Edited by P3Bill (08/20/20 09:43 AM)

#1667455 - 08/20/20 05:37 PM Re: Transfer Fees for private sales [Re: Johnathon]
RobN Offline
Addicted

Loc: Newport News
City or County: Newport News
Here's the link for VSP firearms section. List of dealers facilitating private sales is the third link in the left column.

https://www.vsp.virginia.gov/Firearms.shtm

#1668227 - 08/23/20 01:47 PM Re: Transfer Fees for private sales [Re: Johnathon]
FastEddy Offline
Lost some weight since this pic ;)

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Dumfries AKA Dumpies
Boy Scout - Thank You and great write up!! Went there today for a transfer and, although they were busy, it was very smooth. Joined the Good Sam club while I was there. Will definitely go back when I am looking for something new - although their stock of new handguns is pretty slim. They had a lot of pretty decent used semi‘s and revolvers and the prices weren’t bad. Staff was friendly and very helpful.

#1672257 - 09/07/20 05:41 PM Re: Transfer Fees for private sales [Re: Johnathon]
netguru Offline
Quack Smacker

Loc: King William County
City or County: King William
Sell the slide, upper or some other part of the firearm, and "give the rest". Only the part that by ATF rules is the gun/firearm needs a UBC if sold for money(currency), goods,services, or other things of value. If everyone here would sell an AR upper, and give the lower for the same price as whole unit, then I wouldn't be in the sh!tstorm I am in with the Mods.

Went to a gun show since July 1 and sold AR uppers, with free lowers. State police asked what I was doing, so told them. He said I was following the law as written, so no issue. Even said nice that people can interpret laws correctly, and apply common sense to do the right thing.

Anyway I do still have some AR uppers for sale. PM your phone number, so this site does not block me again.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2