Who's Online
4 registered (baymax, htc0, Jcamacho123, chelnerul), 11 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1658613 - 07/12/20 07:12 PM For Sale traffic decrease, same?
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Loc: VA
City or County: Stafford
Soon, it will be going two weeks since Northam and his cult party pushed the unconstitutional UBC upon the population...has anyone seen a decrease in the number of firearm for sale adds here? I could be wrong, but it appears to me the number of new adds in the hand gun section has slowed...anyone else notice any trends or changes?

#1658620 - 07/12/20 07:44 PM Re: For Sale traffic decrease, same? [Re: jr45]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
Welcome to the new normal

#1658635 - 07/12/20 10:06 PM Re: For Sale traffic decrease, same? [Re: jr45]
liebherr804 Offline
Marksman

Loc: Va, Gloucester
City or County: Gloucester
It has slowed and the site isn't what it use to be. People are selling things at a premium(more than ffl). I use to come on here alot and have done alot of dealing and met alot of good friends. Especially the tanerite shoots we use to have where a blast. But now we have alot of dull new people that want 25$ for a box of 9mm wtf....

#1658666 - 07/13/20 07:12 AM Re: For Sale traffic decrease, same? [Re: jr45]
DRDinthe703 Offline
9mm Junkie

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Ashland
$800 for a used Glock handguns with no upgrades...there is no supply and demand that crazy. I'll just start buying directly from shops from now on.

#1658689 - 07/13/20 09:05 AM Re: For Sale traffic decrease, same? [Re: DRDinthe703]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

I have seen a slow down on firearms for sale. Only 5 new/bumped adds in the handgun section as if 0900 this morning when there would typically be dozens by this time. Obviously there are a lot less people posting for sale here...a win for Northam and the rest of the cult followers.

Anyone seen this? If so, do feel it will pick up again?

#1658718 - 07/13/20 10:32 AM Re: For Sale traffic decrease, same? [Re: jr45]
ChrisC Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Prince William County
City or County: Nokesville
Agree. I suspected used sales will be substantially less in light of the transfer fees and hassle of meeting up. Better off just purchasing exactly what you want brand new. Trades are still possible, but again a more difficult transaction than before.

#1658739 - 07/13/20 11:48 AM Re: For Sale traffic decrease, same? [Re: jr45]
bustedknee Offline
Curmudgeon

Loc: Southwest Va
City or County: Wythe
I have stopped reading the gun ads. I have the guns I want. I saw great changes coming and modified my collection over the last several years.
If I should experience a desire to own a hard-to-find gun I suppose I might read the ads again but I don't see that happening.

Someone mentioned the type of people on the forum has changed.
100% correct. Very ungentlemanly (is that a real word?) behavior, scams and far-left opinions abound.
A reflection of our society?

#1658790 - 07/13/20 03:58 PM Re: For Sale traffic decrease, same? [Re: jr45]
et63 Offline
Full Auto

Loc: Fairfax county
City or County: Reston
The Governor ‘s plan worked as designed... sad , all because some stayed home to send Trump a message... I would be thrown off this site with the profanity I would love to use to describe them ... They get what they deserve now and have to get raped by FFL fees . Good luck gentlemen it’s only going to get worse from here on in this. State . Peace , Eric

#1658842 - 07/13/20 07:31 PM Re: For Sale traffic decrease, same? [Re: jr45]
akhunter Offline
Deer Slayer,AK Player!

City or County: Fredericksburg
The reduction in traffic and using the site is very irrational.
it is very easy to use places like Gander outdoors in Fredericksburg and other places to do FFL transfers and it only takes about 10 more minutes to do the deal.this is not a theory I have actually done it.
People who whine about this new rule are being silly it's not a big deal.
but yes I hate that the prices of guns are going through the roof for ridiculous things like Glock 17 and Glock 19 it's a shame.
Everyone has the right to vote.

Edited by akhunter (07/13/20 07:32 PM)

#1658897 - 07/14/20 08:19 AM Re: For Sale traffic decrease, same? [Re: jr45]
6.5x55 Offline
Nature points out the folly of men

Loc: Ashland
City or County: Hanover
The guns on the site that were overpriced and bumped 75 times never sold and never will.
The stuff priced right might still sell but with the added pain and trouble demanded by king ralph the turd.
In Ashland Greentop and Bass Pro are not doing transfers. Rick at TTi did a transfer to help me sell a rifle. He charge $15+$2
Thanks for guys like him.

Gun Rights Matter

Vote against any Democrat who runs in your district. They all vote in lockstep. Not one free thinking dem politician exists

#1658944 - 07/14/20 10:55 AM Re: For Sale traffic decrease, same? [Re: akhunter]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Quote:

I would have to disagree. Northam and his cult wanted a third party government process and tracking method involved in the citizen’s right to purchase and sale their personal property. Having the seller’s information and the buyer’s dob, race, address, ssn, firearm, type, caliber, serial number, etc. kept and tracked all the while we pay a fee to have this done to us is a very BIG deal.

#1658952 - 07/14/20 12:02 PM Re: For Sale traffic decrease, same? [Re: jr45]
imaduckin Offline
Gun fool

Loc: moved to SC
City or County: eastern sc
^^^^^^^^

#1658986 - 07/14/20 02:53 PM Re: For Sale traffic decrease, same? [Re: jr45]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

After again reviewing the handgun, rifle, and AR/AK sections, there is definitely a decrease in for sale adds which I would assume to decreased traffic. I made some of my “want” purchases prior to 1 Jul. Before 1 Jul, was considering a lightweight medium game caliber but now with this UBC and fee, there is nothing to incentivize me away from a gun store now...sad change of events has crippled our rights and more to come until this once fine state is destroyed.

#1658995 - 07/14/20 03:50 PM Re: For Sale traffic decrease, same? [Re: jr45]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

Loc: Rappahannock County, VA
City or County: Front Royal
Actually, GB tends to have wider selection and better prices even including shipping. I was willing to pay a little more, though not new retail prices or higher, for the convenience of just meeting up and getting it done. But now, I'm more likely to just use the internet if I want to buy or sell something given the prices people are asking on the VGT.

#1659016 - 07/14/20 05:38 PM Re: For Sale traffic decrease, same? [Re: jr45]
a_s Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Richmond
City or County: Richmond
It's down because
1. Trading is now more onerous, 2 background checks.
2. People didn't want names on the books - that's done
3. Friends may just be trading with friends in close circles rather than on here

There is still a market for $800 glocks because stores can't keep them in stock and shipping takes time.

#1659049 - 07/14/20 08:22 PM Re: For Sale traffic decrease, same? [Re: Mark S]
rromeo Offline
Bullseye

City or County: Pulaski
Originally Posted By: Mark S
Actually, GB tends to have wider selection and better prices even including shipping. I was willing to pay a little more, though not new retail prices or higher, for the convenience of just meeting up and getting it done. But now, I'm more likely to just use the internet if I want to buy or sell something given the prices people are asking on the VGT.

The past few years, I have done better buying and selling through Gunbroker. I still look here every day, but it's obviously not the same as when I joined 10 years ago.
Never initiate force against another. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

#1659335 - 07/16/20 11:12 AM Re: For Sale traffic decrease, same? [Re: jr45]
Ali Offline
Gun fool

Loc: VA, USA
City or County: Fairfax
So no demand for lorcan 380s for $200?

"To conquer a nation you must first disarms the citizens" --Adolf Hitler 1933

"Write it down and remember that we never gave in." - Immortal Technique

"Fight fire with water." Me

#1659708 - 07/18/20 08:17 AM Re: For Sale traffic decrease, same? [Re: jr45]
Goldie2 Offline
Marksman

Loc: Charlottesville
City or County: Charlottesville
Yep, Ive seen a massive reduction. Flock Ralph.

#1659709 - 07/18/20 08:18 AM Re: For Sale traffic decrease, same? [Re: jr45]
Goldie2 Offline
Marksman

Originally Posted By: jr45
Quote:

I would have to disagree. Northam and his cult wanted a third party government process and tracking method involved in the citizen’s right to purchase and sale their personal property. Having the seller’s information and the buyer’s dob, race, address, ssn, firearm, type, caliber, serial number, etc. kept and tracked all the while we pay a fee to have this done to us is a very BIG deal.

This

#1659746 - 07/18/20 10:28 AM Re: For Sale traffic decrease, same? [Re: jr45]
ktyhawk Offline
General Nuisance

Loc: New Kent
City or County: New Kent County
Originally Posted By: jr45
Quote:

This. This UBC law is having the intended effect Herr Northam and his ilk desired. It has dramatically slowed the number of LEGAL FTF gun sales. Criminals still don't give a crap about being lawful and will continue to acquire guns in the same illegal manner they always have. The only thing that has changed is the law abiding citizen is now forced to utilize government resources when buying or selling firearms.

Northam can go have carnal knowledge of himself.

#1659777 - 07/18/20 12:01 PM Re: For Sale traffic decrease, same? [Re: akhunter]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

City or County: 22973
Originally Posted By: akhunter
it is very easy to use places like Gander outdoors in Fredericksburg and other places to do FFL transfers and it only takes about 10 more minutes to do the deal.this is not a theory I have actually done it.
but yes I hate that the prices of guns are going through the roof for ridiculous things like Glock 17 and Glock 19 it's a shame.

Sadly, too many gun owners think like this! (Not attacking this member)

If we aren’t careful VA will be like Hawaii and register gun owners just like criminals.
It is an issue, not all of us live near an FFL or feel like we should have to use one for a private deal. This stoopid nonsense has caused a private transaction to be way more troublesome. And any smart person knows that victimizers aren’t going through legal channels to purchase.

Some of us are old enough to remember walking into a local store and buying and walking out with little to no paper work.
This is an infringement regardless if you aren’t SHARP enough to understand it.

Gun owners and freedom lovers keep silent and we’ll surely get more of this non sense shoved down our throats.

Get out and vote, cut the purse strings for your liberal kids and educate the ladies/men in your life.
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#1659846 - 07/18/20 06:46 PM Re: For Sale traffic decrease, same? [Re: Agent19]
Goldie2 Offline
Marksman

Originally Posted By: Agent19
Originally Posted By: akhunter

Sadly, too many gun owners think like this! (Not attacking this member)

If we aren’t careful VA will be like Hawaii and register gun owners just like criminals.
It is an issue, not all of us live near an FFL or feel like we should have to use one for a private deal. This stoopid nonsense has caused a private transaction to be way more troublesome. And any smart person knows that victimizers aren’t going through legal channels to purchase.

Some of us are old enough to remember walking into a local store and buying and walking out with little to no paper work.
This is an infringement regardless if you aren’t SHARP enough to understand it.

Gun owners and freedom lovers keep silent and we’ll surely get more of this non sense shoved down our throats.

Get out and vote, cut the purse strings for your liberal kids and educate the ladies/men in your life.

I remember that quite well. Bought my first 1911 and Python at Bailey Spencer Hardware in Lynchburg. Walked in, slid the $$$ across the counter, got a no name receipt, and two pistols, walked out. Flock Ralph.

#1659849 - 07/18/20 06:57 PM Re: For Sale traffic decrease, same? [Re: rromeo]
mandrada01 Offline
Double barrel

City or County: Chesapeake
Things have gotten bad lately. I tried selling a rifle on here for almost a month and got two people who said “I’ll take it” and then backed out. The last one just said “I’ll take it” and then stopped replying. I finally decided to list it on gunbroker and sold it in less than 30 minutes. I love this site and the people on here, but it hasn’t been the same lately!

#1660450 - 07/21/20 06:26 PM Re: For Sale traffic decrease, same? [Re: Mark S]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Originally Posted By: Mark S

Same thoughts. Dealing with hassle of going to a FFL and fees, items will have to be priced accordingly to make things worth while. Even is priced right, the ATF form 4473 will forever record the sale...win-win for the anti-rights lunatics.

#1660453 - 07/21/20 06:45 PM Re: For Sale traffic decrease, same? [Re: jr45]
nvcdl Offline
Bullseye

Loc: ORANGE
City or County: Orange

I find it odd that so many people comply with unconstitutional BS.

There is no way to enforce this law.

We need to re-brand as "peaceable gunowners" rather than "law-abiding"...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >