Who's Online
4 registered (Para45, shoot2kill, Speedyarms, 1 invisible), 14 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1657720 - 07/08/20 02:04 PM FFL Transfer Easy, Keep VAGT Alive
akhunter Offline
Deer Slayer,AK Player!

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Fredericksburg
Hello friends
As a member over the past decade I do hope Virginia gun trader gets its mojo back.
I know the FFL thing takes a lot of fun out of it but it's really no big deal.
I did a transfer at Gander outdoor in Fredericksburg today and they were very helpful and it was easy for me as a seller it really only took me about 3 minutes longer to do it there than normal.
I did Not have to wait for the buyers background check to clear.

#1658337 - 07/11/20 11:37 AM Re: FFL Transfer Easy, Keep VAGT Alive [Re: akhunter]
Ratgun Offline
RATGUN APPROVED!!!!!

Loc: VA
City or County: Vienna
Hey everyone, Vienna Arsenal is giving discounts to VAGT members for any FTF transactions. we've always offered reduced transfers fees and are extending that to FTF as well.
We are also taking in consignments again! After 5 years of not offering consignments we are taking and using our amazing social media accounts as well as our retail store to sell your guns to help out the VAGT community. Its a super simple process to get your guns listed on all our social media outlets that run along side your post on VAGT. You heard that right! continue to post your firearms on VAGT and our consignment machine at the same time. to start, go to our website here.... main page www.viennaarsenal.com

Ijust started a separate instagram account for consignments. Search instagram for the new page at...."VACONSIGNMENT". Its our new account geared to help move your merchandise by promoting VAGT posts. I put out almost daily content and videos. I take requests and answer questions. Its new and growing. Our main instagram page has almost 100k followers and will get this account going quickly. Everyone, Keep posting on VAGT, invite your friends back to VAGT and let Vienna Arsenal help push customers to VAGT, increase membership and keep THIS forum alive and relevant.

VAGT has been amazing for gun owners. MVAGTGA!

#1658348 - 07/11/20 12:50 PM Re: FFL Transfer Easy, Keep VAGT Alive [Re: akhunter]
cvilleshooter Offline
eurowrench

Loc: centreville
City or County: centreville
What is your transfer fee and consignment fee Ratgun?

#1658598 - 07/12/20 06:05 PM Re: FFL Transfer Easy, Keep VAGT Alive [Re: akhunter]
Mark S Offline
Mark S

Loc: Rappahannock County, VA
City or County: Front Royal
On the background check required to be done by an FFL.

What is the actual difference in paperwork and process between doing the background check and an FFL transfer?

#1658843 - 07/13/20 07:36 PM Re: FFL Transfer Easy, Keep VAGT Alive [Re: akhunter]
akhunter Offline
Deer Slayer,AK Player!

Yes rat gun it would be interesting to hear what your fees are.
Sounds good

#1675599 - 09/19/20 08:05 AM Re: FFL Transfer Easy, Keep VAGT Alive [Re: akhunter]
wscrst Offline
Addicted

City or County: Staunton
Thank you for this positive information. You have answered questions I didn't have a chance to ask. Great stuff.

#1681693 - 10/09/20 05:03 PM Re: FFL Transfer Easy, Keep VAGT Alive [Re: akhunter]
jims59 Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Virginia, USA
City or County: Manassas
Originally Posted By: akhunter
Hello friends
As a member over the past decade I do hope Virginia gun trader gets its mojo back.
I did a transfer at Gander outdoor in Fredericksburg today and they were very helpful and it was easy for me as a seller it really only took me about 3 minutes longer to do it there than normal.

So what happens if you leave and the buyer's background check is denied? You left with his money and he doesn't have a gun...

#1699589 - 12/04/20 12:04 PM Re: FFL Transfer Easy, Keep VAGT Alive [Re: akhunter]
DutchAmmo Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia - USA
City or County: Fairfax County
If you’re looking for a really cheap FFL transfer fee and a generally good gun shop, check out Capital Supply Company in Chantilly, VA. The guys are really nice and only charge a $25 fee for transfers. This is by far my favorite gun shop in Northern Virginia…

Cheers CSC!

#1699592 - 12/04/20 12:09 PM Re: FFL Transfer Easy, Keep VAGT Alive [Re: DutchAmmo]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Loc: Fredericksburg
Originally Posted By: DutchAmmo
If you’re looking for a really cheap FFL transfer fee and a generally good gun shop, check out Capital Supply Company in Chantilly, VA. The guys are really nice and only charge a $25 fee for transfers. This is by far my favorite gun shop in Northern Virginia…

Cheers CSC!

Transfer fee is waived at the store i use. Still pay the $2 toll though.

#1699593 - 12/04/20 12:11 PM Re: FFL Transfer Easy, Keep VAGT Alive [Re: jims59]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Loc: Fredericksburg
Originally Posted By: jims59
Originally Posted By: akhunter
Hello friends

So what happens if you leave and the buyer's background check is denied? You left with his money and he doesn't have a gun...

some gun shops wish for this as the guns are now theirs at no cost. It is the buyers that are in the bind. The sad part is the beer flu has more people on the naughty list because of domestic calls.

#1699689 - 12/04/20 04:52 PM Re: FFL Transfer Easy, Keep VAGT Alive [Re: akhunter]
rromeo Offline
Bullseye

Loc: VA
City or County: Pulaski
That's between the buyer and seller to work out.
If the seller waits for the background check, and it's denied, he can hand back the money and walk out with the gun.
If the seller leaves, then he/she would have to do a background check to get it back.
Never initiate force against another. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.