Who's Online
12 registered (adv_rider, PMOORE, AndrewR, PIConnection, drew15, CoolLogic, turboghia, kapon, 4 invisible), 14 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1669636 - 08/29/20 07:40 AM VAGT posters who don't respond to "For Sale" inquiries
LSmith23690 Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Grafton/York County
I know that I'm fairly new here, but why would anyone who posts anything "For Sale," not respond to a message sent to them...but keep bumping their sale item thread?

I might understand if I might have had past dealings with his guy and things went South.

Is this something that occurs semi-regularly here?

#1669638 - 08/29/20 08:00 AM Re: VAGT posters who don't respond to "For Sale" inquiries [Re: LSmith23690]
panic788 Offline
Marksman

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Alexandria
It happens more regularly than you might think. Lots of people here are selling based on criteria they never spell out. If you have numbers in your posting name, they might not respond to you. If you don't have numbers they might not respond to you. You may have your location listed, and they will absolutely not message with someone from that town, because they had an exgirlfriend from that town cheat on them 20 years ago.

Lots of different kind of folk here. You have normal people posting looking to sell at a reasonable price who list things properly with a price, and who respond. Those usually go quickly. Then you have folks who don't know how to read, and they don't follow the listing rules. There isn't a price, and their advertisements get locked. There are plenty of folks with ads up who aren't actually looking to sell something for the asking price and just listing it seeing if someone wants to buy, but they have no intention on selling. It is like a reverse tire kicking there.

Just ignore it and move on. Can't waste too much time on people who don't respond.

#1669730 - 08/29/20 01:12 PM Re: VAGT posters who don't respond to "For Sale" inquiries [Re: LSmith23690]
P3Bill Offline
VETERAN PEASHOOTER

Loc: Wilderness
City or County: Orange County
If the person is a NOOB, they probably have not properly set up their account. Under the "MY STUFF" tab,there is an "EDIT PREFERENCES" radio button that says "Accept private messages from other users? The default is "no" so if the individual has not selected "yes" he will never see a PM. It is also best to have your PMs forwarded to an email in case you aren't logged on at the time you receive a PM. I've suggested that the radio button to receive PM be forced to yes when an item is posted for sale or trade but I guess that is not possible.

#1669813 - 08/29/20 07:53 PM Re: VAGT posters who don't respond to "For Sale" inquiries [Re: LSmith23690]
Colonfree Offline
Redacted

Loc: VA
City or County: Seaford
They probably checked your post history and chose not to deal with you.

homeland security: I cant believe with all the people in this country they can get that many dummys in one place at one time.

#1669829 - 08/29/20 09:17 PM Re: VAGT posters who don't respond to "For Sale" inquiries [Re: LSmith23690]
Too Offline
Full Auto

Loc: NOVA
City or County: Fauquier
I’ve been here a while and it’s not something that happens regularly to me but every once in a while it happens. I had one member remove himself from the topic without responding but the item was still for sale. Some people are just odd.

Edited by Too (08/29/20 09:17 PM)

#1669837 - 08/29/20 09:43 PM Re: VAGT posters who don't respond to "For Sale" inquiries [Re: LSmith23690]
Overundera2 Offline
Bolt action

Loc: NoVA
City or County: NoVA
Could it be they misunderstood how this board works and were expecting people to “reply” under their post?

#1669887 - 08/30/20 08:37 AM Re: VAGT posters who don't respond to "For Sale" inquiries [Re: Colonfree]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

City or County: Lynchburg
Originally Posted By: Colonfree
They probably checked your post history and chose not to deal with you.

This is the best response. Private interstate firearms transactions are definitely illegal.

I'm not a surgeon, why? What's a little sepsis between friends?

Everyone takes a beating sometimes

#1670938 - 09/02/20 09:28 PM Re: VAGT posters who don't respond to "For Sale" inquiries [Re: Verylargeboots]
LSmith23690 Offline
Pea shooter

Originally Posted By: Verylargeboots
This is the best response. Private interstate firearms transactions are definitely illegal.

Apparently you aren't able to comprehend what was posted.

#1671055 - 09/03/20 09:45 AM Re: VAGT posters who don't respond to "For Sale" inquiries [Re: LSmith23690]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Originally Posted By: LSmith23690

Apparently you aren't able to comprehend what was posted.

I can comprehend very well what happened in that thread. You posted something that suggested commiting a crime, then when called on it you made it seem like two guys were just discussing it in front of you so as to distance yourself from the issue and not make you look bad.

#1671195 - 09/03/20 07:21 PM Re: VAGT posters who don't respond to "For Sale" inquiries [Re: Verylargeboots]
LSmith23690 Offline
Pea shooter

I can comprehend very well what happened in that thread. You posted something that suggested commiting a crime, then when called on it you made it seem like two guys were just discussing it in front of you so as to distance yourself from the issue and not make you look bad.

So because I don't initially share the entire story, you fill in the blanks with what you think happens.

Your supposition isn't fact, and brings me to wonder of other "facts" that you bring here.

#1671204 - 09/03/20 07:55 PM Re: VAGT posters who don't respond to "For Sale" inquiries [Re: LSmith23690]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Originally Posted By: LSmith23690

So because I don't initially share the entire story, you fill in the blanks with what you think happens.

Your supposition isn't fact, and brings me to wonder of other "facts" that you bring here.

I'm not too worried about your opinion of me, especially being as new as you are here. Maybe go meet some folks from here, get some deals under your belt and don't spread garbage that'll give other people the idea that you are suggesting something that's a federal crime. Or just troll. That's fine too.