Who's Online
6 registered (vafred, Blackeagle223, whypanic, HMB123, MKC1911, Danny007), 15 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1500158 - 06/05/19 09:59 PM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: s70l3n]
The Truth Offline
The iguana is on the rock

Loc: Henrico
City or County: Henrico
Agent19, spot on as usual.

S&W Model 1076 TEU- prefix FBI issue

CZ Model 457 Varmint 22WMR
Ruger Hawkeye Compact 308

#1520571 - 07/31/19 02:23 PM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: s70l3n]
Ar_allstar Offline
Gun fool

Loc: virginia
City or County: Spotsylvania
the left wants this... they want more gun violence as well as felons voting ...

#1535474 - 09/08/19 03:41 PM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: ktyhawk]
lizjimbo Offline
Marksman

Loc: VA
City or County: FREDERICKSBURG
Some crappy people who haven't had a speeding ticket are able to own firearms. Are you one of them?

#1633290 - 05/07/20 08:41 PM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: s70l3n]
werstenz Offline
Double barrel

City or County: Stafford
I bought a pistol here and glad the seller gave me a BOS. It turned out stolen in 1987 (Not by the member I bought it from) but when the State Police knocked on my door it quickly resolved the situation when I produced my BOS. I then called the member I got the pistol from and he had his BOS ready for them when they arrived. BOS is a good protection.

#1633387 - 05/08/20 05:25 AM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: werstenz]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

City or County: Lynchburg
Originally Posted By: werstenz
I bought a pistol here and glad the seller gave me a BOS. It turned out stolen in 1987 (Not by the member I bought it from) but when the State Police knocked on my door it quickly resolved the situation when I produced my BOS. I then called the member I got the pistol from and he had his BOS ready for them when they arrived. BOS is a good protection.

In other words....

"Quickly resolved the situation when I showed the government my papers"

Attachments
BOSmeme.jpg

I'm not a surgeon, why? What's a little sepsis between friends?

Everyone takes a beating sometimes

#1633543 - 05/08/20 10:46 AM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: s70l3n]
spooklaw Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Appomattox,VA
City or County: Appomattox
Don't worry guys, your Governor has taken care of this little BOS problem for you.

#1633605 - 05/08/20 12:02 PM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: spooklaw]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Originally Posted By: spooklaw
Don't worry guys, your Governor has taken care of this little BOS problem for you.

Exactly.

#1633797 - 05/08/20 07:04 PM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: werstenz]
rromeo Offline
Bullseye

City or County: Pulaski

How did the VSP get to you?
Never initiate force against another. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

#1648711 - 06/14/20 09:36 AM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: s70l3n]
Richards Offline
Richardb

Loc: Richmond
City or County: Powhatan
Everyone who talks about requiring a bill of sale CHP picture of ID etc. is voting, yelling , wanting and speaking up for universal background checks. Well congratulations that is what you will get come July 1st. So don't start complaining first of the month when we all are required to do the background check. That is what you all want per your BOS . You act like with no BOS you will go to prison. You will not. And this stupidity that a bill of sale is needed will be put to rest. Next question. When you go to the ffl and the background check is done are all you BOS people going to ask for a copy or are you still going to do a BOS? LOL

Edited by Richards (06/14/20 09:37 AM)

#1648767 - 06/14/20 11:21 AM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: Richards]
JG Offline
Tactical Tommy Commando

Loc: Tidewater/HamptonRoads area
City or County: Tidewater/HamptonRoads area
Originally Posted By: Richards
Everyone who talks about requiring a bill of sale CHP picture of ID etc. is voting, yelling , wanting and speaking up for universal background checks. Well congratulations that is what you will get come July 1st. So don't start complaining first of the month when we all are required to do the background check. That is what you all want per your BOS . You act like with no BOS you will go to prison. You will not. And this stupidity that a bill of sale is needed will be put to rest. Next question. When you go to the ffl and the background check is done are all you BOS people going to ask for a copy or are you still going to do a BOS? LOL

Exactly.

#1658446 - 07/11/20 11:51 PM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: Travis#]
lizjimbo Offline
Marksman

City or County: FREDERICKSBURG
Originally Posted By: Travis#
Either way he shouldn't have had the permit I think. If he had held a CHP before conviction, you would think he would have had to relinquish it before he left the courthouse after conviction.

A CHP is only a piece of paper. Sorry judge my dog ate my homework and my CHP. Problem solved.

#1658519 - 07/12/20 11:18 AM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: s70l3n]
nvcdl Offline
Bullseye

Loc: ORANGE
City or County: Orange
Yup - the "I need a BOS a CHP and 3 ID" crowd should be happy with the UBC.

#1673474 - 09/11/20 09:05 PM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: s70l3n]
Richards Offline
Richardb

Well, seen gun for sale post today saying bill of sale required. Curious why. To protect the seller so they won't go to jail? I hope no one buys from these people. It's like a city slicker moving to the country and complaining about the birds making too much noise.

#1673519 - 09/12/20 01:54 AM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: Richards]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Originally Posted By: Richards
Well, seen gun for sale post today saying bill of sale required. Curious why. To protect the seller so they won't go to jail? I hope no one buys from these people. It's like a city slicker moving to the country and complaining about the birds making too much noise.

Doesn't matter now with UBC anyway. Which is garbage but still

Edited by Verylargeboots (09/12/20 01:55 AM)

#1674219 - 09/14/20 01:40 PM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: s70l3n]
Richards Offline
Richardb

That's my point someone actually thinks a BOS is needed after a FFL transfer

#1674262 - 09/14/20 04:40 PM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: s70l3n]
JBaccheus Offline
Double barrel

City or County: Fairfax
Bill of Sale is good practice.

Say unscrupulous Seller A sells a handgun to Schmuck B, without telling said Schmuck that Seller reported the Handgun as stolen to the police last week...

What it does is give hard copy documentation of your story, the only case in which it is a negative is when you are in the wrong.

Now I am not saying that you need to prove your innocence, and just like LIZJIMBO said "A CHP is only a piece of paper." The BOS is just a piece of paper, if you don't want it, throw it away or burn it.

I cannot think of a single legitimate reason to oppose a request for a BOS except as a principle.

#1674469 - 09/15/20 11:24 AM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: JBaccheus]
Richards Offline
Richardb

Originally Posted By: JBaccheus
Bill of Sale is good practice.

Say unscrupulous Seller A sells a handgun to Schmuck B, without telling said Schmuck that Seller reported the Handgun as stolen to the police last week...

What it does is give hard copy documentation of your story, the only case in which it is a negative is when you are in the wrong.

Now I am not saying that you need to prove your innocence, and just like LIZJIMBO said "A CHP is only a piece of paper." The BOS is just a piece of paper, if you don't want it, throw it away or burn it.

I cannot think of a single legitimate reason to oppose a request for a BOS except as a principle.

UMM do you know that a UBC thru a dealer is law in Virginia? And that the sellers name is put into the transfer book at the FFL along with the buyers. So if a gun is found to be reported stolen then the guy who bought the gun says, Hey I bought this gun from soandso and we did the transfer at green tops. They then go to green tops and get the information. Therefore no need for a BOS. So laughable.

#1674499 - 09/15/20 01:52 PM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: s70l3n]
LmgM Offline
Single barrel

Loc: Alexandria
City or County: NOVA
I agree 100%. Bill of sale is redundant and unnecessary in these new times of mandatory dealer transfers, so I would not go thru with the deal as a buyer simply as a matter of principle.

And I also agree 100% that it’s laughable. In fact, when I see these types of sale posts, I really do chuckle a little bit and then scroll on by.

#1677622 - 09/26/20 07:29 AM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: s70l3n]
28gauge Offline
Small gauge man!

Loc: Richmond and I get around ! VA...
City or County: Richmond City
You meet at FFL. You hand the FFL the gun. He logs it in. It’s the FFL’s gun - no longer yours.
Case in point. I carried a 1911 fo FFL and the potential buyer was declined. FFL was delighted - he wanted the guy. Legally he owned it at that point.
He paid cash and I went to the bank.

#1678478 - 09/28/20 04:51 PM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: s70l3n]
rromeo Offline
Bullseye

That is incorrect. The FFL is not supposed to log the gun until the background check has been completed. If the buyer is denied or delayed, he seller has the option to take the gun back and walk right out the door. Some may have been doing it the way you described, and I understand why, but what I said is according to the recent ATF guidance on performing background checks for private sales.

Edited by rromeo (09/28/20 04:53 PM)
Never initiate force against another. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

#1679150 - 10/01/20 05:55 AM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: s70l3n]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Where do y'all keep your BOS if you do that kind of thing? A folder in a safe or some other "secure" location? So criminals come in your home to jack your stuff, kill you and your family because you didn't have time to put on a Hawaiian shirt, cargo shorts, flip flops and NODs. Or maybe they just busted in the house while you were gone, whatever. They jack the gun safe or rip it open, and go through the house stealing stuff. Unless you put the BOS you've accumulated in the walls or floor, those are probably gone and now criminals have information on who else owns guns. Or imagine you are the one that got your stuff stolen because someone had BOS with your info. Just one of many of my random tinfoil hat thoughts

#1692281 - 11/12/20 12:50 PM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: s70l3n]
Scolex Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Arlington
City or County: Arlington
You can always scan it to a google drive... Put em in a folder in your documents box that says "tax expenditures".

But after July's law changes, I don't do a BOS any more, that's why I'm paying the FFL.

Edited by Scolex (11/12/20 12:50 PM)

#1692319 - 11/12/20 03:03 PM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: rromeo]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Loc: Fredericksburg
City or County: Fredericksburg
Originally Posted By: rromeo

How did the VSP get to you?

They overheard some wild south china sea story at a fudd bar and decide to take action.

Due to the toilet paper shortage earlier this year, I resorted to using bos to wipe my **VOTE IN NOVEMBER** with them. Plenty of freedom ink available as proof.

Edited by Jimmm (11/12/20 03:03 PM)

#1692899 - 11/14/20 02:56 PM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: s70l3n]
rromeo Offline
Bullseye

I mean, if you had to call the seller to warn him, then it makes no sense how anybody knew you had it.

#1692918 - 11/14/20 03:59 PM Re: Felons now using CHP's [Re: s70l3n]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

City or County: 22973
Fairy tale......
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >