Who's Online
14 registered (hammer553, JND, KendrasEdge757, wafflecopter, atnads, Ed Million, 83Rabbit, wdc757, 6 invisible), 12 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1677005 - 09/23/20 10:39 PM Help a beginner out? NoVA/Arlington
spotsphill Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Arlington
City or County: Arlington
I bought a bunch of tools and parts to upgrade my M&P 15 Sport 2 and I'm stuck on both the barrel nut and the front sight pins. The barrel nut is on super tight and I can't get the sight pins to budge.

I've watched all the YouTube videos. I know I can go to a gunsmith and pay for it, but I invested in all the tools and I'm looking to learn (I hope to build an AR next).

I used a caliper to determine the smaller end of the sight pins and that's the side I'm banging. I have an armorer's wrench for the barrel nut.

Anyone in Northern Virginia willing to show me how it's done?

Thanks in advance for the consideration.

-Phill

#1677084 - 09/24/20 09:35 AM Re: Help a beginner out? NoVA/Arlington [Re: spotsphill]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

Loc: VA
City or County: Lynchburg
Gotta keep beating on it, the S&W pins are very tight on the FSB. Good thinking with the calipers, most folks believe it or not would just beat on them assuming that a TAPER PIN is actually straight. Gotta ask the question but.....you did pull out the gas tube right? Lol. Other than that I hope you are using a setup similar to a reaction rod to engage the barrel extension itself if it's that tight. Feel free to send a PM if you need anything, happy to help

I'm not a surgeon, why? What's a little sepsis between friends?

Everyone takes a beating sometimes