Who's Online
25 registered (red08fx2, Falkov, Rob5r, golfdog, troutfishing, outlawstar76, buckeye_guy, Wayne1949, Craigeeee, ChinO2552, Too, cadi86, PMOORE, jrd, Hunter14806, ppirate, Rogpog, madmanindc, hunt4life, Bluesplayer, kg23, Phoenixgunner4141, KalishDoc, AllenC69, 1 invisible), 6 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1676616 - 09/22/20 07:21 PM How does the new UBC law effect C&R transactions
cvilleshooter Offline
eurowrench

Loc: centreville
City or County: centreville
I have a type 03 C&R license . I can currently have eligible firearms sent directly to me from vendors . I have transfed from another type 03 holder directly to myself. My question is can a non ffl holder transfer a eligible firearm to a type 03 holder? I called the state police today and the trooper was not sure and refered me to his boss , I will call him tomorrow. Anyone have any knowledge or experience with this with our new tyrannical laws?

#1676629 - 09/22/20 07:47 PM Re: How does the new UBC law effect C&R transactions [Re: cvilleshooter]
rromeo Offline
Full Auto

Loc: VA
City or County: Pulaski
C&R is exempt. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but the best way to learn this stuff is by reading the laws. It's clearly spelled out. "Some state trooper said" or "the guy on Vaguntrader said" does not fly and you are the only one held accountable.
Never initiate force against another. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

#1677147 - 09/24/20 01:01 PM Re: How does the new UBC law effect C&R transactions [Re: cvilleshooter]
ct241 Offline
Bolt action

Loc: Central VA
City or County: Lynchburg
It has no impact on C&R transactions.

The State Police are cluless about these new laws and most laws in general. They're not lawyers... they're cops.

#1677241 - 09/24/20 09:23 PM Re: How does the new UBC law effect C&R transactions [Re: cvilleshooter]
cvilleshooter Offline
eurowrench

Loc: centreville
City or County: centreville
I appreciate the last response , I did talk to the trooper in charge of firearm transactions Mike Mathews . He was very nice and cordial. His view was that a transaction between a non licence holder and a class 03 ffl needed a backround check . He mentioned that they had no way to validate your license . He said that it was a grey area that the legislators had not thought of . Advised me to consult with am attorney . I asked the question ..If we go to an ffl can they transfer to me with no backround check he said yes if it goes on their books . I called John Pierce esq , but have not gotten a response to my message yet. This is a real issue and I don't want to be the precident. BTW this question was all brought up by another member that I am looking to buy a rifle from .

On another note . If you preface a statement by saying " I am not trying to be a jerk " You already know that you are .

#1677294 - 09/25/20 06:42 AM Re: How does the new UBC law effect C&R transactions [Re: cvilleshooter]
rap Offline
Pea shooter

City or County: Mechanicsville
I find it funny that the State police response is,they had no way to validate your license. If that is the case than neither does the FFL holders. Also the comment about if it goes on their books is in my opinion the only thing they want. They will be able to track who has what. As an C&R holder it goes on my books when I purchase an eligible firearm.

#1677314 - 09/25/20 08:59 AM Re: How does the new UBC law effect C&R transactions [Re: rap]
jr45 Offline
Gun fool

City or County: Stafford
Originally Posted By: rap
I find it funny that the State police response is,they had no way to validate your license. If that is the case than neither does the FFL holders. Also the comment about if it goes on their books is in my opinion the only thing they want. They will be able to track who has what. As an C&R holder it goes on my books when I purchase an eligible firearm.

Bingo! The intent of this the so called law, is to have an ability to track/register firearms...who has what, how many, address, etc..

Also, though vaguely written, the law mentions how antiques and C&R are exempt. The B.S. law

#1677639 - 09/26/20 08:14 AM Re: How does the new UBC law effect C&R transactions [Re: cvilleshooter]
rromeo Offline
Full Auto

City or County: Pulaski
Originally Posted By: cvilleshooter

On another note . If you preface a statement by saying " I am not trying to be a jerk " You already know that you are .

I never said I wasn't, but I'm not trying to be.
Never initiate force against another. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

#1677646 - 09/26/20 08:35 AM Re: How does the new UBC law effect C&R transactions [Re: cvilleshooter]
Alkristin Offline
I'm a man, just flesh and bones

Loc: Va-Ginny!
City or County: Chantilly
I literally just got done discussing this with ATF and VSP at a meeting on Thursday. The short answer is that "C&R" and "Antique" are exempt. When I asked the VSP for clarification on what they considered "Antique", they're response was: "They default to ATF guidance" (i.e., Pre-1898 and all the other criteria that ATF lists). When it comes to "C&R", it's a little more nebulous because there's more things that fall under what constitutes a "Curio" or a "Relic", and some modern(ish) firearms (post 1898) are also exempt from the transfer requirements.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door of my workbench.

#1678729 - 09/29/20 02:12 PM Re: How does the new UBC law effect C&R transactions [Re: cvilleshooter]
SteveO Offline
Marksman

City or County: Yorktown
Besides the law and what ATF has written...I also use the inventory of many vendors online selling items as "C&R" as guidance....