Who's Online
12 registered (JamesChang, vash731, wrickster, jr45, kyler58, Vanvl, komet45, sbook, VAis4GunLovers, MegaArsenal, 2 invisible), 12 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1660841 - 07/23/20 01:01 PM Looking for a place to shoot near Williamsburg
Cajuntec Offline
Gun fool

Loc: Williamsburg, Virginia
City or County: Williamsburg
I'm looking for an open, outdoor gun range near Williamsburg to sight-in my 20 gauge slug gun, muzzleloader(s), and maybe do some shooting with my specialty pistols (rifle caliber scoped pistols). Anyone know of a good range? There used to be a free range, open, no safety observer, kinda "self policed" near Chickahominy. I don't think it's open anymore, as I haven't been able to find anything about it lately. Someone told me it's closed during the summer and only opens later in the year. I'd prefer to sight in early, and then just double check before hunting season rolls around.

All the best,
Glenn

#1660898 - 07/23/20 06:51 PM Re: Looking for a place to shoot near Williamsburg [Re: Cajuntec]
Bill Smkngun Offline
Marksman

Loc: Chesterfield
City or County: Chesterfield
The range at Chickahominy is at the Wildlife Management Area and is open from the beginning of September to the end of March. You can find details on the VDGIF website.

#1661046 - 07/24/20 02:10 PM Re: Looking for a place to shoot near Williamsburg [Re: Cajuntec]
Cajuntec Offline
Gun fool

Thanks. Still looking for something that’s opened now.
All the best,
Glenn

#1661053 - 07/24/20 02:36 PM Re: Looking for a place to shoot near Williamsburg [Re: Cajuntec]
Capman Offline
deanerr

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Roanoke, VA
Colonial Williamsburg Musket Range is open according to google. You can find the details by just searching.

#1661376 - 07/25/20 08:44 PM Re: Looking for a place to shoot near Williamsburg [Re: Capman]
Cajuntec Offline
Gun fool

Originally Posted By: Capman
Colonial Williamsburg Musket Range is open according to google. You can find the details by just searching.

Looks like that is only for shooting their muskets, not your own weapons.
All the best,
Glenn

#1673754 - 09/12/20 09:08 PM Re: Looking for a place to shoot near Williamsburg [Re: Cajuntec]
etg Offline
Double barrel

Loc: Virginia
I have had no luck finding anything outdoors where you can fire all weapons. Let me know if you find anything. I’ll do the same.

#1683594 - 10/15/20 09:29 AM Re: Looking for a place to shoot near Williamsburg [Re: Cajuntec]
Dinny Offline
Double barrel

Loc: VA
City or County: Gloucester
Middlesex Shooting Sports Club in Hartsfield.

#1685177 - 10/20/20 10:15 AM Re: Looking for a place to shoot near Williamsburg [Re: etg]
Cajuntec Offline
Gun fool

Originally Posted By: etg
I have had no luck finding anything outdoors where you can fire all weapons. Let me know if you find anything. I’ll do the same.

Will do. I started shooting muzzleloader, rifle, and shotgun at the Chickahominy range, but man, it's crowded lately. Made some new shooting acquaintances there recently. A bottle of bug spray and some extra hearing protection allowed me to meet several new people. smile. Most were very nice and considerate of others. Too bad pistol shooting is no longer allowed there. But then again, I bet it would be a lot more packed if they did allow pistol shooting.

All the best,
Glenn

#1685178 - 10/20/20 10:16 AM Re: Looking for a place to shoot near Williamsburg [Re: Dinny]
Cajuntec Offline
Gun fool

Originally Posted By: Dinny
Middlesex Shooting Sports Club in Hartsfield.

Thanks Dinny.
I'll keep that one in mind. It's not too bad of a drive. About an hour, one way. I may check it out.
All the best,
Glenn