Who's Online
1 registered (harley), 9 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1680844 - 10/06/20 08:11 PM ATF Rules Honey Badger Pistol Is A SBR And Violates NFA
BobVA Offline
Site proctologist

Loc: Dale City, Virginia
City or County: Prince William

"Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance." - Robert Quillen

"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

#1680998 - 10/07/20 12:31 PM Re: ATF Rules Honey Badger Pistol Is A SBR And Violates NFA [Re: BobVA]
Bullet41 Offline
Addicted

Loc: Dumfries
City or County: Prince William County
Wow, just wow. This is like bump stocks and/or pistol braces all over again. One would wonder what is to be done with all the home built smaller than the "Honey Badger" type pistols. Also, what about the Sig made short barreled pistols that have proprietary braces?

Bullet 41, LLC
Email: patrick_moses@bullet41.com

IYAAYAS

#1681061 - 10/07/20 03:44 PM Re: ATF Rules Honey Badger Pistol Is A SBR And Violates NFA [Re: Bullet41]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Loc: VA
City or County: Stafford
Good grief! I’m trying to understand this...So, if you own one of these (which this decision could affect other AR pistols owners), you need to dissemble it and send the piece(s) to someone else for control? Then submit a form 1 (fees?), wait months for ATF to approve it as a SBR? As of right now, owners of these pistols can be facing 10yrs in prison and a $10k fine?

Exert from Q LLC.

Complete one of the following:
Remove the barreled upper receiver from the lower receiver and dedicate it as a replacement
for another AR-style pistol or registered short-barreled rifle; or
If you do not possess another AR-style pistol or registered short-barreled rifle, remove the barreled upper receiver from the lower receiver and temporarily transfer it out of your possession by, for example, transferring it to the dominion and control of another individual; and
Once the previous step is completed, you may file an ATF Form 1 to register the lower receiver as a short-barreled rifle. Upon Form 1 approval, the firearm may be reassembled.
Failure to complete option a or option b could result in prosecution and is subject to a $10,000.00 fine and up to 10 years imprisonment.

If you are concerned with this situation – as Q is – we urge you to contact the Department of Justice (ATF’s parent agency) by using the below OneClickPolitics link.

#1682375 - 10/11/20 05:50 PM Re: ATF Rules Honey Badger Pistol Is A SBR And Violates NFA [Re: BobVA]
SeaCoaster Offline
seacoaster

Loc: Va.
City or County: Oakton

#1682587 - 10/12/20 09:19 AM Re: ATF Rules Honey Badger Pistol Is A SBR And Violates NFA [Re: SeaCoaster]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Originally Posted By: SeaCoaster

Yup^^^ we can all imagine what will happen to us if Biden wins and we lose the senate! Also, there will be no grandfathering of anything we have, so we will be facing turning them in at gun point and prison! VOTE and pray!!! We are in for a rough ride...

#1683003 - 10/13/20 02:00 PM Re: ATF Rules Honey Badger Pistol Is A SBR And Violates NFA [Re: jr45]
SeaCoaster Offline
seacoaster

Yup^^^ we can all imagine what will happen to us if Biden wins and we lose the senate! Also, there will be no grandfathering of anything we have, so we will be facing turning them in at gun point and prison! VOTE and pray!!! We are in for a rough ride... [/quote]

Vote and Pray = Amen Brother
Either way we are in for a Rough Ride.....

Edited by SeaCoaster (10/13/20 05:28 PM)

#1683019 - 10/13/20 02:36 PM Re: ATF Rules Honey Badger Pistol Is A SBR And Violates NFA [Re: SeaCoaster]
Verylargeboots Offline
Professional FUDD Hater

City or County: Lynchburg

[/quote]

Found this

All of the documents seem to benefit from professional-level skills in writing, layout, and design.’

An organization of radical left-wing activists has posted an online guide to “disruption” that outlines a plan to shut down the country and force President Donald Trump from power in the event that the 2020 election is too close to call.

“ Be ready to block a highway (or all the highways in your town), shut down a port, occupy your state capitol, do whatever it takes! We hope to be able to offer trainings and support to groups outside DC that share our principles. “

Great just Great

https://www.shutdowndc.org/principles

https://www.shutdowndc.org/election2020

https://www.disruption-project.org/about

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/...ction-is-close/

[/quote]

IMO this needs to be its own thread so more folks will see it.

Edited by Verylargeboots (10/13/20 02:37 PM)

I'm not a surgeon, why? What's a little sepsis between friends?

Everyone takes a beating sometimes

#1683101 - 10/13/20 05:26 PM Re: ATF Rules Honey Badger Pistol Is A SBR And Violates NFA [Re: Verylargeboots]
SeaCoaster Offline
seacoaster

IMO this needs to be its own thread so more folks will see it. [/quote]

Duly Noted — Thanks

Moving subject to new post

#1687708 - 10/28/20 05:37 PM Re: ATF Rules Honey Badger Pistol Is A SBR And Violates NFA [Re: SeaCoaster]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Looks like they are trying anything to get these classified as SBR.
Reclassify AR pistols as SBR

#1687774 - 10/28/20 09:36 PM Re: ATF Rules Honey Badger Pistol Is A SBR And Violates NFA [Re: jr45]
Colonfree Offline
Redacted

City or County: Seaford
Originally Posted By: jr45

I have no idea what you read, but nowhere in that link is SBR mentioned.

homeland security: I cant believe with all the people in this country they can get that many dummys in one place at one time.

#1687887 - 10/29/20 09:45 AM Re: ATF Rules Honey Badger Pistol Is A SBR And Violates NFA [Re: Colonfree]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Originally Posted By: Colonfree
Originally Posted By: jr45

I have no idea what you read, but nowhere in that link is SBR mentioned.

Re-read the article in the link. The exert below should give you an idea that ATF could classify AR pistols as unregistered NFA weapons(can you say SBR?).

Quote:
Under ATF’s new interpretation of the handgun definition, millions of AR-15 style pistols could be considered “too large, or too heavy” to fall within ATF’s new interpretation, thereby making them unregistered NFA weapons, and subjecting manufacturers and gun owners to criminal prosecution.

#1687888 - 10/29/20 09:51 AM Re: ATF Rules Honey Badger Pistol Is A SBR And Violates NFA [Re: BobVA]
Colonfree Offline
Redacted

I read the article, clearly you didn’t, or your comprehension is just terrible. Nowhere in that article is there a mention of an SBR. All I see in most of your posts is misinformation and fear mongering.

homeland security: I cant believe with all the people in this country they can get that many dummys in one place at one time.

#1687920 - 10/29/20 11:34 AM Re: ATF Rules Honey Badger Pistol Is A SBR And Violates NFA [Re: Colonfree]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

From the article in question.
Quote:
Under ATF’s new interpretation of the handgun definition, millions of AR-15 style pistols could be considered “too large, or too heavy” to fall within ATF’s new interpretation, thereby making them unregistered NFA weapons, and subjecting manufacturers and gun owners to criminal prosecution.

Let's see...would the new classification be a machine gun? Nope. How about a destructive device? Nope. A rifle? wishful thinking. What would be the most logical or likely classification? SBR

Misinformation and fearmongering? The folks here can take a look at our activities to determine who posts misinformation or tries to steer threads.
Colonfree

JR45

Here are some additional articles that discusses ATF's intent (hint, as with the other article I posted, it's about reclassification AR pistols as SBRs).

60-Day Suspension of Honey Badger Decision
ATF) recategorized a popular Q, LLC-manu...led Rifle (SBR)
ATF’s Secret Brace Ban
Congressman Matt Gaetz Demands ATF Stop Pistol Brace Restriction Plan

#1687922 - 10/29/20 11:36 AM Re: ATF Rules Honey Badger Pistol Is A SBR And Violates NFA [Re: BobVA]
Colonfree Offline
Redacted

AOW. that’s what the article says.
Thanks for linking my stuff creeper. I don’t see how it’s relevant, but I’m sure there’s a ton of folks that care about my history, but are unable to navigate the site as deftly as someone like you.
“so we will be facing turning them in at gun point and prison” is the fear mongering I was typing of.

#1688536 - 10/31/20 11:31 AM Re: ATF Rules Honey Badger Pistol Is A SBR And Violates NFA [Re: BobVA]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

City or County: 22973
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.

#1688647 - 10/31/20 05:55 PM Re: ATF Rules Honey Badger Pistol Is A SBR And Violates NFA [Re: Agent19]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Originally Posted By: Agent19

Yep. The ATF is looking for ways to designate many AR pistols as NFA regulated items...the writing is on the wall thus; good possibility they will reclassify them as such.

#1696431 - 11/25/20 10:31 AM Re: ATF Rules Honey Badger Pistol Is A SBR And Violates NFA [Re: BobVA]
Agent19 Offline
2A 4 All

City or County: 22973
I’ll gladly take questionable mean tweets, a strong economy, energy independence and a Respected Country, over high inflation, millions of illegals aliens, mask/ vaccine mandates and pedophile in chief.