Who's Online
18 registered (Monkeywrench677, Zach17981, Matt69, Turbine15, big_lu_lu, ChanceB2, cadi86, guns85, Tolbert Steve, Hazey, Leper_Messiah, mrbarge24, Vwaudi757, 5 invisible), 9 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1685781 - 10/22/20 09:24 AM VGT, please don't copy Armslist
SuzyKyoo Offline
Raised, Dubbed, and Created

Loc: NoVA and Nomadic
City or County: Virginia
One of my rituals during days off is to grab a cup of coffee and peruse local listings here on VGT and then on Armslist (in that order, because VGT > AL). Got a nasty surprise this morning from Armslist - all my ads were deactivated overnight and AL is now a paid subscription service for both private persons as well as vendors.

VGT, PLEASE do not emulate this. Please. AL claims this change is to strengthen the community and help prevent scammers from over-posting; I don't believe this will help much, and it's just going to push a massive number of would-be patrons over to another platform.

Y'all here at VGT have the secret sauce to running a good, solid forum with a great reputation. In this guy's opinion no changes are required.
VTBodybuilder
Workaholic

#1685814 - 10/22/20 11:24 AM Re: VGT, please don't copy Armslist [Re: SuzyKyoo]
Gnome Offline
For alt vi har. Og alt vi er.

Loc: Fort Walker, Va.
City or County: Hanover County
Well said and I agree with your assessment.

#1685832 - 10/22/20 12:29 PM Re: VGT, please don't copy Armslist [Re: SuzyKyoo]
Newgunguy Offline
Marksman

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Goochland
It will just be like feebay. Look at how that service was when it first came out and now it's full of mostly Chinese knockoff garbage and so plenty of other services appeared. We have craigslist, letgo, offerup, mercari and so many others and that is just the nature of things. Though here this has a bunch of other features than to just to sell, but look at all the other gun groups already just in this state alone.

Charles.

#1685842 - 10/22/20 12:54 PM Re: VGT, please don't copy Armslist [Re: SuzyKyoo]
SuzyKyoo Offline
Raised, Dubbed, and Created

Loc: NoVA and Nomadic
City or County: Virginia
I guess I initially looked at this in only a negative light - we could very well see a surge in VGT membership.
VTBodybuilder
Workaholic

#1687664 - 10/28/20 01:35 PM Re: VGT, please don't copy Armslist [Re: SuzyKyoo]
DRDinthe703 Offline
9mm Junkie

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Ashland
A little disappointing as I have had good luck on there but looking at the positive. All those people you see at the gun store buying a gun for the first time or just buying because they think they need to and have no clue, they might come here to sell off their guns. laugh

Every day I see so many people buying guns that never owned one in their life. If (when) we get back to some normalcy, I sense a surge in private sales. Probably another reason why AL went to this paid platform. Looking at the future, even so many liberals buying guns that have no clue probably will dump them off as time goes on. Maybe???

#1699047 - 12/02/20 10:35 PM Re: VGT, please don't copy Armslist [Re: DRDinthe703]
kellenJ BANNED SCAMMER Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: new york, USA
City or County: albany
Originally Posted By: DRDinthe703
A little disappointing as I have had good luck on there but looking at the positive. All those people you see at the gun store buying a gun for the first time or just buying because they think they need to and have no clue, they might come here to sell off their guns. laugh

Every day I see so many people buying guns that never owned one in their life. If (when) we get back to some normalcy, I sense a surge in private sales. Probably another reason why AL went to this paid platform. Looking at the future, even so many liberals buying guns that have no clue probably will dump them off as time goes on. Maybe???
you are right about this. i have a couple of friends that did that.

#1699052 - 12/02/20 10:42 PM Re: VGT, please don't copy Armslist [Re: SuzyKyoo]
Jimmm Offline
Ford#1

Loc: Fredericksburg
City or County: Fredericksburg
Looking forward to the repeal of ubc but I would still only deal with people with chp. Someone gave me a reason to lose faith in humanity this week and the ubc requirement was handy for that. But it is used as back door registration of all gun transaction in va going forward any one FFL transaction is enough for door kicking warrant when gestapo going around. I will hopefully be living in another state by then.