Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#1702652 - 12/12/20 08:39 AM Disposal of C&R with new Va gun law from July req'ing FFL
JohnSherman Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Chesapeake
With the new law that went into effect in July requiring private sales to go thru a FFL. With the federal law stating a C&R FFL holder can sell a gun to change his collection, does the new Va law prevent that from happening unless it goes thru a regular FFL? Reason I'm asking is I want to sell my Swiss K31 with several bricks and boxes of ammo. Not sure if that has to go thru a FFL if the potential buyer isn't a C&R holder. Thanks.

#1703067 - 12/13/20 09:35 AM Re: Disposal of C&R with new Va gun law from July req'ing FFL [Re: JohnSherman]
SSGWilson Offline
Tactical Tommy Commando

Loc: va
City or County: Prince George
If the buyer doesn't have a c&r, they need to transfer thur a ffl. If they have a c&r then it's just like old times. Remember to log it out of your books.

#1703112 - 12/13/20 11:45 AM Re: Disposal of C&R with new Va gun law from July req'ing FFL [Re: SSGWilson]
jr45 Offline
Full Auto

Loc: VA
City or County: Stafford
Here is the link to the UBC law. It states antiques and C&R firearms are exempt from the UBC. There is also a discussion about this under the new laws forum here.

Quote:
H. The provisions of this section shall not apply to (i) transactions between persons who are licensed as firearms importers or collectors, manufacturers or dealers pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 921 et seq.; (ii) purchases by or sales to any law-enforcement officer or agent of the United States, the Commonwealth or any local government, or any campus police officer appointed under Article 3 (§ 23.1-809 et seq.) of Chapter 8 of Title 23.1; or (iii) antique firearms, curios or relics.

#1705775 - 12/20/20 12:53 PM Re: Disposal of C&R with new Va gun law from July req'ing FFL [Re: jr45]
JohnSherman Offline
Pea shooter

Loc: Virginia
City or County: Chesapeake
Originally Posted By: jr45
Here is the link to the UBC law. It states antiques and C&R firearms are exempt from the UBC. There is also a discussion about this under the new laws forum here.

Quote:
H. The provisions of this section shall not apply to (i) transactions between persons who are licensed as firearms importers or collectors, manufacturers or dealers pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 921 et seq.; (ii) purchases by or sales to any law-enforcement officer or agent of the United States, the Commonwealth or any local government, or any campus police officer appointed under Article 3 (§ 23.1-809 et seq.) of Chapter 8 of Title 23.1; or (iii) antique firearms, curios or relics.

outstanding! Saves me from losing another 2 hours of my life due to red tape.